• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 102
  • Total: 102
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

The alarm.  Getting out of bed.  Coming into work.  Being at work.  Doing work.  Not doing work.  (anyone see a pattern?).  This was a long weekend for us so Tuesday is this week's Monday, except worse. 

Daggers62

Abers comment in the home page shoutbox  >:(
In the short time I have been here I can't remember Abers posting anything positive about anything, He constantly belittles posts, photos, and the competition. Perhaps when he (moderated) this place may grow further but he continues to drag it down.

ABERS

Quote from: Daggers62 on May 24, 2014, 08:41:03 PM
In the short time I have been here I can't remember Abers posting anything positive about anything, He constantly belittles posts, photos, and the competition. Perhaps when he (moderated) this place may grow further but he continues to drag it down.

Well dearie me. Having opinions contrary to your own is part of this forum and used to be the lifeblood of it, promoting discussion and sometimes the odd argument or two with each viewpoint usually thrashed out and settled amicably.

I take exception to your slander that I belittle any photos on here, that I have never done and if you can find an example I should be pleased to see it; mind you I perhaps could make an exception in your case.

So on we go, a fond farewell to all whose bonhomie and banter I have shared and enjoyed over the years and may you all prosper in your future photographic endeavours.

Beaux Reflets

What on earth have I missed?  The above is a bit impolite  OTT for this friendly forum.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

JaneM

Im sorry but impolite was abers stating that anyone talking in the chat box about anything other than photography was 'sad and had nothing better to do' and that the chat box post I had made was ' inane chatter and totally irrevelant uninteresting personal information' from that I guess my husband was not happy at seeing me upset from such comments.

As I said in the chat box I will leave, I want to be somewhere that I can post without rude remarks and feel welcome, which I did feel up until that point, but there really was no need for such comments belittling people in the first place.

All the best
x

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: JaneM on May 24, 2014, 11:33:58 PM
Im sorry but impolite was abers stating that anyone talking in the chat box about anything other than photography was 'sad and had nothing better to do' and that the chat box post I had made was ' inane chatter and totally irrevelant uninteresting personal information' from that I guess my husband was not happy at seeing me upset from such comments.

As I said in the chat box I will leave, I want to be somewhere that I can post without rude remarks and feel welcome, which I did feel up until that point, but there really was no need for such comments belittling people in the first place.

All the best
x

I do not think anyone should feel the need to leave.  I think sometimes things are taken and or placed out of context occasionally.

Share a  :beer: and don't start  :knuppel2: each other up

Please  :)

Daggers62

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on May 24, 2014, 11:20:58 PM

What on earth have I missed?  The above is a bit impolite  OTT for this friendly forum.

It was not meant to be polite.
In the interests of keeping this a polite and friendly forum you have allowed Abers to run roughshod with his sarcastic and belittling posts. On the whole I have enjoyed being in this forum but that mans arrogance is to much to keep me here.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Daggers62 on May 24, 2014, 11:48:18 PM

It was not meant to be polite.
In the interests of keeping this a polite and friendly forum you have allowed Abers to run roughshod with his sarcastic and belittling posts. On the whole I have enjoyed being in this forum but that mans arrogance is to much to keep me here.

I am sorry I missed the Shoutbox content, although I do not think I am able to moderate that area of the site, just as members cannot edit or adjust a shout once the shout has been made.

Sorry you or anyone wishes to leave

Off for some shut eye -  :beer:

Graham

I think "Short time" is the key phrase here.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Oh dear. One careless remark taken badly and we seem to have lost 3 people to this forum. Please do all stick around and think before you post. Try not to insult others and challenge people politely when they have upset you after counting to 10.  :-[

Graham

I'm in the middle of photographing a festival and have no idea whats caused all this. All that i can say is that for the years that I have known Alan on here and met him personally, I've never known him belittle anyone's photos, display arrogance or resort to sarcasm.
  Please don't turn this into one of those social media type threads and go searching through Alans posts for perceived examples, trust me, I've read them all.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Cabbyjohn

I for one want to come out in support of Abers.  :tup: In one of my very early postings on here as a novice and nervous contributor he was the first person to offer me constructive criticism, coupled with a smattering of praise. I may not post comments regularly, but I look and learn from other peoples postings. I like this forum because it's friendly. If I post a photo that can be improved by others posting critical comments about my pics then that suits me. I post on another forum also, and I know before posting that if my post doesn't come up to scratch there are people on there who will and have ripped my photos to pieces. It keeps me on my toes and particularly after critical comments I always take something positive away with me, and learn from them. I would hate to see anybody leave. I enjoy being here.   :)

Reinardina

Alan (ABERS) is a high calibre photographer, the best on CC in my humble opinion. I would be very sorry to see him go.

I cannot remember, him ever belittling a photograph of one of the members of CC.

He is not a big fan of weekly competitions, for his own, mainly photographically related reasons, but he does participate on occasion.

He occasionally puts the cat among the pigeons, which startles the pigeons, who have been chattering happily among themselves, but they soon settle back and life goes on. Often with new vigour, as after a refreshing shower.

I am not a fan of too much personal information in the Shout box; I would prefer short pithy comments, preferably relating to photography, or the site in general. (And comments about the weather of course, after all this is a British site.)

If members want to indulge however, there are no rules against it. It should be realised though, that it may bore others and can give occasional visitors the impression this is just another chat/banter site, and not a site dedicated to photography.

As ever, personal opinion only.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

OK, this is awkward. 

Occasionally one will speak what comes to their mind without a thought how it will be perceived, even I'm guilty of that one.  But that doesn't mean we should all fall out over it.  We have in the past lost a few members because of this kind of thing, and to be honest it will always happen, here and on any forum.  Sad but true I'm afraid.

A couple of things to note.  The Shoutbox has a little collapse button (top right) of it, so if anyone's not into reading what's in it can simply hide it away and ignore it.  And this site, well yes it is photography orientated, but the forum is a place for just about anything to be honest, hence the general boards etc.

I'm sure Abers didn't intend to offend anyone when he posted those comments, as normally this would as already suggested create some sort of debate in the forum, unfortunately this time it just pressed the detonator instead.  :doh:

All I can do is ask that anyone thinking of throwing in the towel here please reconsider, and lets get back to normal.  It's really sad when this happens, and just makes me want to shut the place down.

So please, Abers, JaneM, Daggers62, hang around, and see if we can sort this one out without having to leave.   
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Andrew

Have you ever seen Alan make a comment on a picture? In actual fact, 2 my pictures have recieved comments in almost 10 ears of knowing him from the DCM days. I still conisder them some of the most important comments I have ever recieved - such is the rarity of commenting by Alan.

If you drive away the likes of Alan, you drive away the soul of this forum. I'm ok, I have Alan's contact details and know where to find him on Flickr and when published in various magazines. He also makes a mean cuppa at the exhibitions at which he shows his work as well.

Is Alan the best photographer on this site? For his genre it goes without a doubt.
Does Alan understand the philosophy of a competition? More so than most of us will ever do.

Alan undertakes his photography seriously and is extremely helpful to those learning or aspiring photographers.

But let's be clear - Alan doesn't do PC. He calls a spade a spade.

Maybe that's the point, I, like others here know Alan and understand him. We know that no offence s meant by his comments.

I hope, for once, that Alan doesn't stick to his guns and does continue to contribute to this forum. He would be missed by many.  :'(
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.