• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 103
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 90
  • Total: 90
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on April 16, 2014, 08:25:27 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on April 16, 2014, 08:19:30 PM

You can also follow my local bus company on Twitter. Must be fun.

The the last thing you need to get stuck behind a local bus!  :-* :2funny:

Having to rely on public transport, I'd rather be on the bus than following it!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

I follow the local electrical utility.  Just left it there after the ice storm in December.  They are very good at tweeting their outages and estimates to repair. 

Reinardina

Quote from: donoreo on April 17, 2014, 11:28:27 AM
I follow the local electrical utility.  Just left it there after the ice storm in December.  They are very good at tweeting their outages and estimates to repair.

That sounds like useful information.

I thought Twitter was meant to keep the world informed of every second of your daily, and nightly, life, your thoughts on everything (celebrities, fashion, politics etc), and your food intake. In short, un-useful (is this a word?) information. With selfies of course. (Or does Twitter not have photos?)

donoreo

There are photos.  I follow some that post great photos, or historical photos, etc.  There are a lot of informative accounts on Twitter.  The power went off in parts of Toronto the other night, including my wife's parent's location.  They called us, I looked to twitter first and found the area that was out as the utility website was overwhelmed.  They had already tweeted about it though. 

Jediboy

I went to a local park with my children today. There's a great children's play area. I get really annoyed by people that don't shut the gates. The gates that are there to keep children in and dogs out.  >:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

donoreo

Quote from: Jediboy on April 17, 2014, 02:53:16 PM
I went to a local park with my children today. There's a great children's play area. I get really annoyed by people that don't shut the gates. The gates that are there to keep children in and dogs out.  >:(
I bet some of those people do not realize the purpose.  Especially those with kids that may just be walking through.  I have done that and I have kids.  I did not realize the area was all fenced in on my first time there. 

Jediboy

I'm a bit anal about stuff like that Don. With three young boys who all go off in different directions I like the reassurance of a closed gate.
I also get annoyed about the people who insist on smoking in a children's play area.  >:(
(I'm such a miserable git!)

Chris

Reinardina

People coming to 'my' country park for picnics, and dumping their rubbish - including an unwrapped, dirty nappy - in our compost bin.

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on April 18, 2014, 09:32:41 AM
People coming to 'my' country park for picnics, and dumping their rubbish - including an unwrapped, dirty nappy - in our compost bin.

I've noticed the same thing here in Florida. Go to a nice park and find it spoiled by people's garbage here and there.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on April 18, 2014, 09:32:41 AM

Quote from: spinner on April 18, 2014, 01:56:48 PM
I've noticed the same thing here in Florida. Go to a nice park and find it spoiled by people's garbage here and there.  :'(

It's everywhere I'm afraid and if you ask them why they come, they would answer to get some fresh air and enjoy the countryside!  >:( :uglystupid2:

What made me mad today was finding one of the Swans with a crossbow bolt in his side!  >:( >:( >:(

Here's a photo.  >:(

He doesn't appear to be in any pain or disabled by it. While the wardens were trying to capture it the bolt fell out.  :'(

Jediboy

Quote from: Oldboy on April 18, 2014, 07:22:20 PM

What made me mad today was finding one of the Swans with a crossbow bolt in his side!  >:( >:( >:(

I've seen this before Oldboy and its saddens me. Why?  :'(

Chris

spinner

Perfect Effects 8. Downloaded the free version that was linked on site here. It warns you, you need about 8 gigs memory to use efficiently. It doesn't say why. I installed it on my system that has only 4 gigs to see how it ran anyway. All the processing I've done with it, ran fine so I wasn't sure why the disclaimer. Coincidentallty I noticed I'd run into low memory issues. All the time, with any running software. Up til now I'd been blaming it on an OS X update that's installed around the same time as I started using Perfect Effects. Well I have discovered, while trying to source the background programme that's sucking up my memory, that it's a 3rd party anti piracy software called Nalpeirond6 that's been installed by Perfect Effects.  >:( Apparently onOne software bundles it with all their software, as apparently does NIK and some others. And their software will not run without the Nalpeirond6 running in the background. Since PE8 was free I can't really complain and will stop using it, but be warned, all of onOne's paid software does the same and they won't let you shut the 3rd party software off.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Interesting Spinner - is this a Mac only issue? I have fired up Perfect Effects and Nik. I've then run process explorer and there is nothing called nalpeirond6 running under Windows 7. In fact, there is nothing running that I don't expect to be running. With the browser, email, and a DTP running as well as PE8 and the background load the memory charge is 4gb, of which PE8 is only 80,708k.

Have you got any more information on this?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

It is on my Mac too from Nik Software.  It does exist for Windows, look for ProTec6. 

Hinfrance

Thanks Don. On my system it is PsiService_2.exe. It has a very small footprint, 3768k working set.

It is apparently possible to disable it in Windows HERE.

It also allegedly comes with all Corel products too, and probably many others, as it is a software copyright protection utility.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.