• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on March 05, 2014, 03:52:58 PM
Quote from: Graham on March 05, 2014, 10:58:03 AM
   Andanotherthing! I've actually met the one they call "Abers" and, ok, it was a couple of years ago, and he did steal some coffee for me, but trust me, he aint 77! :tup:

Yes I remember it well, but I'd just been to the massage parlour, that always put a flush in my cheeks and a spring in my step!  :-[
So...many....jokes....must...resist.....   :uglystupid2:

Andrew

So, have started studying with the Open University - 'reading Philosophy' - as the sayiing used to go.

What has annoyed me? Well - this weeks tutorial was cancelled as my tutor has been signed off sick, so arrangements were made for our group to join in with another groups tutorial.

Now get an e-mail advising his car hass broken down so his tutorial has been postponed/ cancelled as well. But we're free to join in those tutorials in Essex - further parts of Suffolk and Norfolk.

For those in the know - getting around East Anglia is not like getting around London, Surrey or Sussex.

I doubt there will be any tractors running around at that time of night this early in the year!  >:(
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

donoreo

We had spring for one day.  It was above 0C yesterday.  Today we are expecting 10cm of snow and it will go down to -17C tonight.  I generally do not mind winter but this year has been a long one.  On the upside a lot of those really cold days have been sunny so that does help.  Time change on the weekend did as well (we jump earlier than you guys, only 4 hours apart at the moment) giving more light into the evening. 

One more thing....the girls have had fevers for the last few days.  Those days when they were staying home, and in bed because mommy is strict, they were up early.  Today with no fevers.....they both want to stay in bed and were moving around slower getting ready in the morning.  I actually stayed home with them Friday and Monday.  I let them get out of bed and watched movies.   Yesterday is was in bed and the only distraction was they were allowed books. 

ABERS

Not annoyed, just incredibly angry.

The NHS safe in the pathetic so called coalition's governments hands?
Don't you believe it. Chipping away at all areas, so that they can say that to make it work we'll have to put it into private hands is the long term strategy.

Now once again restricting staff pay after a two year pay freeze, my daughter is a nursing sister looking after a team that cares for terminally ill and elderly patients in the community, with nurses drained with exhaustion trying to cope.

This government has no understanding of life that confront people every day.

>:(

Graham

Profit at all costs. That's the only thing this lot know or care about.
  You could sit our leaders down and explain the difference between price and value for a hundred years and they still wouldn't understand or care.
  It's a time of austerity and we're all it it together and we all need to tighten our belts....until the flood waters reach the Tory heartland or the banks need a bail out, then we're a wealthy country.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Andrew

The sad fact is - we have no political party able to run an honest and practical government.

Once upon a time, you had trust in MP's - now the only train they seem to be interested in is the Gravy Train.

And they wonder why people don't vote?

Putin may not be a nice man - but at least he's honest in what he says and does. At least an honest bad person can be depended on to think and act in a way that is considered bad!
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Graham

I do find party politics quite depressing so I usually try to avoid it.
  I do wonder though, what is the role of the Lib Dem element of the current administration?
  I did think "Oh well, at least they'll keep things pretty central and reign in the worst of the Tory boys excesses."
  So, are they, would things be any different if Click Neg* and his pals weren't there?

* Token photography reference.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

There are no political philosophies any more other than 'the devil take the hindmost'. Politics has become a career with no background of experience or understanding of the real world.

We are not governed by people but by vested interests manipulating those braying idiots we see on PMQ's each Wednesday.

Clegg and Co just grabbed at the chance to get a taste of power when the chance came.

donoreo

The problem with governments is they are run by politicians.  A majority of politicians are lawyers.  You do the math :) 

jinky

I don`t agree that politicians have ever been trusted and I hanker back to when there was a real political choice to be made when people could vote according to conscience and what they felt right. Now all are grey and it seems that a climate has been created by all parties pushing the private sector as the trusted wealth providers and the public sector as lazy, shiftless people not worthy of a rsie even in lin e with inflation. The reality is there are good and bad in both sectors but the government can control the public sector any way they chose. We need to decide if we value the NHS enough to pay what it`s worth to make it function right and reward those doing the main work and claw back the bureaucracies. I seem to have come across a whole range of IT consultants and the like who have milked a living out of new NHS systems that have failed to deliver for the last 5/7 years that continue to fail and be well paid - on contractor basis. The zero hours exclusive contracts are also an example of the tyranny of some private sector firms including Mike Ashley`s empire ( please someone rid NUFC of this man soon!). The Lib Dems have sold out ideals / principles to allow this lot to just carry on this myth of "all in it together". Would love a genuine choice at next election but....

donoreo

Did I see that they are selling or sold the Royal Mail?  They did the opposite here, Canada Post purchased a courier company, Purolator, and was making a decent profit for a while.  The mail side of things are hurting now and they are suffering losses.  Canada Post has announced they are going to stop home delivery of the mail.  They will have community mailboxes (you have a key to get your mail) that you will go to pick up your mail.  They have done this for years in new housing developments.  This will mean a lot of people will be laid off as it is phased in.   

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on March 13, 2014, 06:39:13 PM
Did I see that they are selling or sold the Royal Mail?  They did the opposite here, Canada Post purchased a courier company, Purolator, and was making a decent profit for a while.  The mail side of things are hurting now and they are suffering losses.  Canada Post has announced they are going to stop home delivery of the mail.  They will have community mailboxes (you have a key to get your mail) that you will go to pick up your mail.  They have done this for years in new housing developments.  This will mean a lot of people will be laid off as it is phased in.

They sold it for a few squid after putting the price of stamps up again.  :'(

Graham

They sold the profitable bits, the tax payer was left to finance the rest.
  Who bought a $h!tload of the grossly undervalued shares? Why, the company that recommended the opening share price of course!
  If it was profitable, why sell it? You may ask. I don't recall hearing an answer to that...the frustrating thing is, I don't recall anyone asking the question either!

Edit. Posted at the same time as Mr Oldboy.

Edit Part 2.

UK pay rises – nurses: 1%, MPs: 11%, bankers: 35%
Thursday
Mar 2014

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Sorry Graham

Nurses      0 %

Andrew

I suppose this would be the place to mark the passing of the great Tony Benn - a man who stood for his beliefs and fought them until his last breath.

Like many, i did not always agree with him, but at least i trusted him to pursue what he believed in.

Great words of wisdom -"if you have money to kill, you have money to help the less fortunate" - if only we really lived to that ethos.

And yes, he would've got my vote as would Dennis Skinner and Austin Mitchell.

People who fight for the people who elected them will always get my vote.

Sadly, my local MP was famously fed a Cheeseburger by his father during the middle of the Mad Cow crisis - not that his father hadn't already succumbed  :-\

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.