• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 97
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 104
  • Total: 104
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markulous

High Speed Sync with flash
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Hinfrance

It's not that - here are some examples:

"great out of the box idea HSS"

"Superb, brilliant use of colour, HSS!"

"... HSS!!"

Utterly meaningless to me.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Markulous

Oh, on Flickr I think it refers to Happy Slider Sunday (for over-processed or heavily processed pictures, look for the Slider Sunday group)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Hinfrance

Quote from: Markulous on March 18, 2013, 10:48:46 AM
Oh, on Flickr I think it refers to Happy Slider Sunday (for over-processed or heavily processed pictures, look for the Slider Sunday group)

At last! Thanks.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 18, 2013, 01:04:45 PM
Quote from: Markulous on March 18, 2013, 10:48:46 AM

At last! Thanks.
I had been wondering that as well! 

Karen

What annoyed me today?...feckin SNOW

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on March 21, 2013, 09:53:01 AM

Bring it on! The more the better!  ;D :2funny:

donoreo

Quote from: Oldboy on March 21, 2013, 04:46:12 PM
Quote from: Karen on March 21, 2013, 09:53:01 AM

Bring it on! The more the better!  ;D :2funny:
It was snowing when I was outside at lunch.   It snowed yesterday.  It snowed the day before.   It was -8C at 7 today. 

Oldboy

Took my D3 into Calumet who sent it to Lehmann's in Stoke-on-Trent for a repair and service. Check up on it on Monday only to be told that Lehmann have sent it to Nikon in Kingston in Surrey for repair!  :'(

anglefire

I always send my Canon gear to Canon at Elstree - actually cheaper than Lehmann's 99% of the time - and fixed price for a lot of stuff, so it doesn't surprise me that it has ended up there - hope it doesn't cost you more as as result!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on April 30, 2013, 09:16:36 PM
I always send my Canon gear to Canon at Elstree - actually cheaper than Lehmann's 99% of the time - and fixed price for a lot of stuff, so it doesn't surprise me that it has ended up there - hope it doesn't cost you more as as result!

The last quote I got was £560.  :o

Really, I should send the bill to the Met office, as it was the crap weather last summer that caused the problems.  :(

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on April 30, 2013, 11:27:39 PM

Really, I should send the bill to the Met office, as it was the crap weather last summer that caused the problems.  :(
What's wrong with it? I had a sort of weather related issue with my D3s which Nikon said was not covered, so cost me 87.00 for a new lower body cover.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on May 01, 2013, 06:50:34 AM

What's wrong with it? I had a sort of weather related issue with my D3s which Nikon said was not covered, so cost me 87.00 for a new lower body cover.

The weather seals on the D3 aren't as good as those on the D200 and I suspect that is part of the problem. Any lens with an aperture ring comes up with an error so won't work. It's also done over 150,000 shots so it needs a full service.  :)

If your problem with the cover occured within the two year period then it should be repaired free of charge, as it must have been a fault when it was made.  ???

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on May 01, 2013, 09:17:33 AM

The weather seals on the D3 aren't as good as those on the D200 and I suspect that is part of the problem. Any lens with an aperture ring comes up with an error so won't work. It's also done over 150,000 shots so it needs a full service.  :)

If your problem with the cover occured within the two year period then it should be repaired free of charge, as it must have been a fault when it was made.  ???

It was corrosion around the right retaining screw (Near the vertical shutter release). Despite all the paperwork still had to pay. >:(
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on May 01, 2013, 12:00:26 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on May 01, 2013, 09:17:33 AM

It was corrosion around the right retaining screw (Near the vertical shutter release). Despite all the paperwork still had to pay. >:(

Check with CAB or Watchdog on the BBC. The sale of Goods Act can be used here, as the corrosion shouldn't have occured unless the part was faulty.  >:(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.