• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 103
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Dave, we haven't really had much contact, I still am a relative newbie, but I'm sorry to see you go.

I too hope the IOTW will return soon. Last year, we had a nice competition going, to vote for the Image of The Year!

About the exif data; isn't that automatically shown?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on December 14, 2012, 02:00:26 PM

Sorry to see your remarks Dave. I suppose I'm guilty of the Chit-Chat side of things, but without it a lot of the fun would be missing.

Like Reinardina I'm a little bit puzzled by the exif data remark, for two reasons really. How do you post a picture without the data not appearing and does anybody look or take notice of it?

Please keep in touch.

Beaux Reflets

I know some of my images get posted without Exif data showing. This occurs if I have resized and saved rather than exported the altered image file  :-[  (not sure why) but I will always tell folk if asked  :)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on December 14, 2012, 03:31:48 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on December 14, 2012, 02:00:26 PM

Like Reinardina I'm a little bit puzzled by the exif data remark, for two reasons really. How do you post a picture without the data not appearing and does anybody look or take notice of it?

If you use the Post to web option in Photoshop then the exif data is stripped out. As to checking the exif data it depends on what the picture is.  :tup:

jinky

That`s a shame Dave. Good lcuk with all you do. I know if I run anything through photoscape it nstrips the exif data if I don`t tick a box but generally do it OK. Not that anyone is interested in my data ;-). I am one guilty of not being around enough lately nor on flcikr really. Just tooo much on and a lot on facebook - I know H  :-[

Mick

Quote from: beauxreflets on December 14, 2012, 10:15:08 AM
I will certainly miss seeing your inspiring shots Dave and hope you are tempted to stay.

I miss the IOTW - and happy to put a little more time in when I can.  What does moderating involve?

Andy I'd be happy to add you to the Global Moderators group if you want to help out, that would be great.  I'm sure the remaining mods will welcome you to the team.

We are pretty laid back here, not telling people off for the slightest thing out of place like some forums I know.  That said if you see something that's posted in the wrong board, or see a debate getting out of control and personal, then it'll need calming down, or thread locking.  To be honest the members on here have been so good we haven't really needed to step in.

You would have access to the admin boards, so any ideas or problems dealing with anything, then it can be discussed there.  I'd really like the the team to take control of IOTW too.

Let me know what you decide.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Paul Montgomery

Quote from: anglefire on November 27, 2012, 07:07:44 AM
Hi Howard, there are lots of reports from South Africa about the benifits of 2SO - and that it helps the cat - though they have crap fuel which can knacker the cats and the over heat the turbo. I'm also told you have to use FC rated oil if you have a particulate filter - I don't.

Mind you they also suggest dumping the cat - which I'd like to do on mine - as it doesn't do anything that doesn't happen naturally - its just quicker (seconds with, couple of weeks without) Only actually useful if you have smog issues - like California. Oh, and a cat reduces fuel consumption!

And they are now looking at harvesting the rare elements from the roads, some much has been chucked out the back of exhausts!

The 2SO is meant to clean the injectors - not sure how you clean them without taking them out - which is not something that I would want to do on my engine - as they have a habit of sticking in - needing the heads off to drill them out!

Cost of the Turbo? Land Rover wanted £2700 fitted - which they remove the body to do it - not as bad as it sounds actually - but the Indi that is doing it, does it in situ, so is about a grand less. Should find out tomorrow.

Are we talking petrol or diesel here? A diesel tends to throw a fair bit of crud through its exhaust so I assume the cats are designed a bit differently. Didn't 2-stroke motorbikes die out because they couldn't be fitted with cats ?

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: admin on December 14, 2012, 07:28:59 PM
I will certainly miss seeing your inspiring shots Dave and hope you are tempted to stay.

I miss the IOTW - and happy to put a little more time in when I can.  What does moderating involve?

Andy I'd be happy to add you to the Global Moderators group if you want to help out, that would be great.  I'm sure the remaining mods will welcome you to the team.

We are pretty laid back here, not telling people off for the slightest thing out of place like some forums I know.  That said if you see something that's posted in the wrong board, or see a debate getting out of control and personal, then it'll need calming down, or thread locking.  To be honest the members on here have been so good we haven't really needed to step in.

You would have access to the admin boards, so any ideas or problems dealing with anything, then it can be discussed there.  I'd really like the the team to take control of IOTW too.

If the remaining mods are happy and no one objects add me in Mick.

Matthew

Quote from: beauxreflets on December 14, 2012, 07:53:59 PM

Is becoming a Mod akin to getting Knighted?......Do we have to call you "Sir" now?...... :2funny: :D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: highlandscenics on December 14, 2012, 08:32:25 PM
Quote from: beauxreflets on December 14, 2012, 07:53:59 PM

Is becoming a Mod akin to getting Knighted?......Do we have to call you "Sir" now?...... :2funny: :D

:2funny: I hav'nt a clue Matt ...  ::) "Andy" suits me just fine  :tup: - and I have not been appointed yet  :D

Mick

Quote from: BeauxReflets on December 14, 2012, 09:10:08 PM

and I have not been appointed yet  :D

You have now. Welcome to the team Andy.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Andy, congratulations on your promotion to Global Moderator!  :beer:

Beaux Reflets

Thank you  :beer: Made a   :uglystupid2: :-[ ment already, getting mixed up with Dave's name in IOTW

skellum

Thanks for all the nice comments.  Perhaps I should of said I am leaving the site as a Moderator.  I have been unable to find much time to be involved in the site recently and have not even taken part in the Comp for ages. I will continue to visit the site and post a few pictures along the way.
As for exif data, I think it is helpful for others to see how the photographer has set up the camera to achieve the shot.

Reinardina

Quote from: Dave on December 15, 2012, 10:31:36 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments.  Perhaps I should of said I am leaving the site as a Moderator.  I have been unable to find much time to be involved in the site recently and have not even taken part in the Comp for ages. I will continue to visit the site and post a few pictures along the way.
As for exif data, I think it is helpful for others to see how the photographer has set up the camera to achieve the shot.

Glad you're not disappearing into the blue yonder! (Though I bet, there are good pictures to be had there!)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.