• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 133
  • Total: 133
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff I

well I got my cash back for the camera lens, so I took the cheque to the bank which is approx 6 miles away, I never go to town so this is just a visit to the bank, so when I got home the wife tells me she has just received a cheque in the post from the tax man, talk about being mad, i think I will wait till next week before I take the cheque to the bank in case another one pops through the door.

they say things happen in threes lets hope I win the lottery.

Reinardina

Quote from: Geoff I on December 16, 2011, 02:36:56 PM
well I got my cash back for the camera lens, so I took the cheque to the bank which is approx 6 miles away, I never go to town so this is just a visit to the bank, so when I got home the wife tells me she has just received a cheque in the post from the tax man, talk about being mad, i think I will wait till next week before I take the cheque to the bank in case another one pops through the door.

they say things happen in threes lets hope I win the lottery.

Wish I had the sort of annoyances you suffer!

Good luck with the lottery! That is where we regularly win, though never more than appr £70 which has happened twice since we started playing when the whole thing started.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

That's better than getting a tax demand.  :P

Geoff I

Do not mention winning on the lottery, on the 5th week of the lottery, I thought we had won the big one i was going hysteric my head was in cloud cuckoo land, my lads asked me if I was ok and I told them to ring there mother at work and hand her notice in and come home this minute, I was shaking from head to toe, never fealt excitement like that before, oh boy I was really infected with thinking i had won the jackpot, then the wife walked through the door, she said calm down give me the ticket I need to check it, and she said you dozy bugger, you have 5 numbers up not 6, good job I never handed my notice in she said. Well thats our story of winning big on the lottery, only £1300 but it got us 2 weeks in spain all inclusive, only won the odd tenner ever since our big win on the lottery.  ;D

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Geoff I

Yes only £1300, I could not believe it either. But you need the bonus ball to win big with 5 numbers.

anglefire

I was in a syndicate of 6 (I think it was!) when it first started and we were always winning tenners - and at least one £60 - contract we were on finishing and have won almost bugger all since :(

Funnily enough a labourer on the same site won about £600K.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Oh joy. The refrigerator just packed up.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Geoff I

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 23, 2011, 08:05:09 PM

Our oven last Christmas day packed up, we had to ask a neighbor to cook our turkey, I do not think they were well pleased, oh well at least you have tomorrow to pick one up and yes more expense.

hevans

Quote from: Geoff I on December 23, 2011, 08:08:35 PM

Our oven last Christmas day packed up, we had to ask a neighbor to cook our turkey, I do not think they were well pleased, oh well at least you have tomorrow to pick one up and yes more expense.

It wouldn't be Christmas if a major household appliance didn't pack in.

Geoff I

Quote from: hevans on December 23, 2011, 08:54:45 PM
Quote from: Geoff I on December 23, 2011, 08:08:35 PM

It wouldn't be Christmas if a major household appliance didn't pack in.

Do not say that need it to run sweet this year lol.

irv_b

OH NO!!! I'm coming down with a cold :-[ A runny nose and I keep on sneezing. Why me! Why now :'( :'(
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

Quote from: irv_b on December 23, 2011, 09:16:19 PM
OH NO!!! I'm coming down with a cold :-[ A runny nose and I keep on sneezing. Why me! Why now :'( :'(

It's hiding in the bushes at night, trying to catch the wildlife on Clapton Common.  :o

Wrap up warm tonight before you go to bed, you should sweat it out by morning.  :tup:

Mick

Quote from: Oldboy on December 23, 2011, 09:40:26 PM

Wrap up warm tonight before you go to bed, you should sweat it out by morning.  :tup:

OB, you forgot to mention the bottle of JD.  That can help take your mind off it.  :beer:

@ Irv.  Hope you feel better soon m8.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

irv_b

Thanks for the advice Mick and Oldboy :tup: Hopefully the weather is as bright and sunny as the forecast reckon it will be so a long brisk walk with the dog in the morning will help.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.