• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 104
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 91
  • Baidu
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

Been chasing the agency this week about the long term temp position I went for last week, and the company still haven't given them an answer, the jobs supposed to be starting on Monday and they still haven't made up their minds about who they want apparently it was beteen me and a lady they saw the same afternoon as my interview....told the agency I am supposed to be away next weekend and they said just go and if the company has to put the start date back that's down to them as they've not played ball...just want to know whether or not I've got some work coming my way..... >:( :'(
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: Oldboy on June 30, 2011, 07:11:30 PM
Trying to upload a file today which keeps bombing out with error messages!

Error: Critical error
Script called without the required parameter(s).

Tried everything but it keeps doing it and yet the photos are less than I usually upload?  >:(

Just tried again using single upload but the website crashes out with Critical error!  :-[

Just uploaded it to Flickr without problems.  :doh:

Just tried uploading this file with Internet Explorer 9 using the single upload option and it worked. The flash option just bombed out.  ???

Just tried again with AOL and it bombed out again.  :doh:

spinner

Went out and bought apple's camera connection kit for my ipad2 because a tech blogger said you could hook up a card reader to it. Even has a YouTube video showing it working.
So I plug mine in and get an error message "unit uses too much power". I go back to the blog to comment and discover about 30 odd comments down that I'm not the first with the issue. The blogger responds "oh it doesn't work with fast cards, they draw too much power". Oh you could't have updated the blog? Which is now a yr. Old now.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

You're obviously lying. Apple stuff is perfect.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

I was so looking forward to a Sharapova/Azarenka final at Wimbledon. A couple of hours of GRUNT WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH GRUNT WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH GRUNT WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

A good excuse to start on the beer.

Now it'll just be GRUNT plock GRUNT plock GRUNT plock GRUNT plock, far less interesting.  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 02, 2011, 07:49:41 AM

As I'd posted the blog was a yr. Old. I've since gone back to reread it in case I'd overlooked an update. I've found a newer blog from May of this year where he advises that Apple has deliberately used a software update to turn off that feature. What a bunch of arrogant a$$holes. >:(
Ol' blue eyes

Jonathan

Quote from: spinner on July 03, 2011, 03:38:37 AM

As I'd posted the blog was a yr. Old. I've since gone back to reread it in case I'd overlooked an update. I've found a newer blog from May of this year where he advises that Apple has deliberately used a software update to turn off that feature. What a bunch of arrogant a$$holes. >:(

That's one opinion.  Another is that sucking that much power from the iPad could damage the battery.  Since it can't easily be changed that's a pretty bad thing to happen.  Some would argue that if you plugged a passive device into your iPad and Apple didn't stop it destroying your toy they would be negligent.  It's a lose-lose for them.

Apparently there's a new adapter from a 3rd party that works fine but I honestly can't figure out how.  Apple could presumably knacker this too.

Plug your camera into the USB adapter bit and it should work fine.
It's Guest's round

hevans

Wow! Apple disabled its perfection feature? Is this the beginning of the end.
???

spinner

Quote from: Jonathan on July 03, 2011, 08:24:32 AM

That's one opinion.  Another is that sucking that much power from the iPad could damage the battery.  Since it can't easily be changed that's a pretty bad thing to happen.  Some would argue that if you plugged a passive device into your iPad and Apple didn't stop it destroying your toy they would be negligent.  It's a lose-lose for them.

Apparently there's a new adapter from a 3rd party that works fine but I honestly can't figure out how.  Apple could presumably knacker this too.

Plug your camera into the USB adapter bit and it should work fine.

I suppose that's possible, I'm no electrical engineer so I have trouble understanding why a CF card would draw that much more power than an SD card. If that was the worry why even provide the usb adapter? It's not like there's a disclaimer in the documents that says not to use it for this, or if there is it's not obvious. There's a blurb on what to do to get the camera connected, there's nothing that says only connect a camera. The blogger is, as far as I can tell, a highly respected Adobe employee. He doesn't offer any reason for Apple's decision, maybe it's the way I read it, but my impression is, they did it capriciously to stop non Apple products from working.
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

The weather or lack of sunshine. Went out yesterday morning and this morning and by midday clouds covered the sun. It's even gloomier now than in midwinter.  >:( >:( >:(

jinky

Hard luck Oldboy! For the 2nd weekend running I was out event shooting and burning to a crisp through not having with me/ then not using my suncream and not taking enough water onboard! I am absolutely knackered now and cannot understand how standing around taking photos for 5-8 hours can leave me stiff jointed and exhausted!

greypoint

Lovely weekend here in Northants although it did cloud over a bit yesterday. Really hot. Two long days at our local huge agility show, raising money and taking around 5000 pictures - six rings going all day and several 100 dogs means loads of opportunities. As the booked event photographer did'nt arrive until day two and only does on site sales, an opportunity to raise some funds for our charity from the results once I've got them edited.

Hinfrance

Quote from: greypoint on July 04, 2011, 09:22:23 AM
Two long days at our local huge agility show, raising money and taking around 5000 pictures - an opportunity to raise some funds for our charity from the results once I've got them edited.

That'll take a while. Good luck with it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Alfonso_Frisk

WAMT?
Charities.
Well 1 in particular, The British Heart Foundation.
I offered to donate some dining and conservatory furniture to their cause.
They arranged a date for collection and I duly sat in waiting all day. -NO SHOW >:(
Then they phoned and arranged another collection. Again NO SHOW  >:(
That's 2 days of my time given up for their cause and a load of uncollected gear which will now end up in a landfill or bonfire.
I wont donate again
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

krennon

Still chasing the agency, went for an interview for a long term temp position, I have now left 7 messages for the guy to call me back to let me know what's going on and he hasn't had the courtesy to do so, the job was supposed to be starting this Monday gone so I am guessing I haven't got it but a quick call to let me know wouldn't have hurt surely... >:(
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.