• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 129
  • Total: 129
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

I don`t know why you still bother there Mick. I`ve seen so many posts by you pointing out the errors / problems since day 1 of the change and you either get ignored or statements of "We`ll look in to that " which never happens. They`re lucky to have had your involvement and advice  ;)

spinner

Quote from: admin on April 13, 2011, 08:41:03 AM
  This has to be done by admin, or super moderators (the paid staff).  This I find totally ridiculous.  :uglystupid2:

Somebody needs to refund part of their pay packet then.  :knuppel2:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: admin on April 13, 2011, 08:41:03 AM
Spin, the moderators can only moderate the forums, and not any other part of the site.  Anywhere else that comments can be left, tutorials, techniques etc, and even the gallery can't be moderated by the moderators group.  This has to be done by admin, or super moderators (the paid staff).  This I find totally ridiculous.  :uglystupid2:

I have mentioned this in various threads, where I complained about the lack of functions available to standard moderators, but as always they don't give a monkeys.  To be honest the site didn't really change much from the (so called) beta test, and still is not integrated, or bridged properly.  It's basically two sites (loosely) sharing the same log in, which is why they have so many problems.

And don't get me started on all the essential site navigation they have left out.  I've had to add them to my signature over there. lol..  :knuppel2:

I personally now look at such sites, as a Business site - Full stop!! and the 'forum aspect' is but an advertising gimmick towards touting to entice purchase of products, mags or photo lottery etc., and as such in my opinion "conveys an inherent conflict in interests". How many companies rely on unpaid staff?  and will such companies look after said staff if something goes bad due to an unfortunate oversight in a 'participating alive advert'?

What's the old saying , Don't mix business....

That's why I prefer to be here  :beer: and not helping to promote products I do not purchase or attitudes I don't use  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Mick

Quote from: jinky on April 13, 2011, 11:22:04 AM
I don`t know why you still bother there Mick. I`ve seen so many posts by you pointing out the errors / problems since day 1 of the change and you either get ignored or statements of "We`ll look in to that " which never happens. They`re lucky to have had your involvement and advice  ;)

Thanks.  Yes, had to wave the old flogging the dead horse smiley a few times lol..   :badh:  As to why I bother, well I have a reason, but probably not what you'd expect.  ;)

Quote from: beauxreflets on April 13, 2011, 07:00:07 PM

That's why I prefer to be here  :beer: and not helping to promote products I do not purchase or attitudes I don't use  ;)

Thanks Andy.  :tup:  Although I do have a few adds running throughout the site. 

They don't jump out over the whole page like some though.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: beauxreflets on April 13, 2011, 07:00:07 PM

Thanks Andy.  :tup:  Although I do have a few adds running throughout the site. 

They don't jump out over the whole page like some though.  ;)
[/quote]

I have no problems with adds running on sites or indeed anyone making money over the Internet in a professional manner, business is business.

If I go to a bar for a :beer: and the pub turns out the odd brawl; I will always seek a more pleasant watering place, as it is hard to sup :beer: wearing a full face helmet and visor  :tup:

Oldboy

Quote from: beauxreflets on April 13, 2011, 08:54:09 PM

If I go to a bar for a :beer: and the pub turns out the odd brawl; I will always seek a more pleasant watering place, as it is hard to sup :beer: wearing a full face helmet and visor  :tup:

Use a straw then, and you get drunk quicker thus, saving money!  :doh:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Oldboy on April 13, 2011, 10:08:44 PM
Quote from: beauxreflets on April 13, 2011, 08:54:09 PM

Use a straw then, and you get drunk quicker thus, saving money!  :doh:

What, become a landlords puppet and laughing stock hic!  :2funny:

Another pint of good will landlord please  :beer: ( to sip and enjoy the flavour in good company  :2funny:)

Jonathan

Framing.  Ah framing....

Client needed 45 identical prints framed in a certain way for a presentation.

I had 45 mounts made to order and foil blocked with their logo and message.  I also bought 45 stocks frames from the same firm.

Last time I did this, the mounts were slightly too big and I had to trim them all.  This time I reminded them of that and they assured me that their production manager had personally checked by putting a mount in a frame.

They lied.

It takes a good hour to hand trim 45 thick mounts on 2 sides......
It's Guest's round

hevans

Quote from: Jonathan on April 14, 2011, 12:07:57 PM

I had 45 mounts made to order and foil blocked with their logo and message.  I also bought 45 stocks frames from the same firm.

Last time I did this, the mounts were slightly too big and I had to trim them all.  This time I reminded them of that and they assured me that their production manager had personally checked by putting a mount in a frame.

They lied.

Did you try rotating the frame 90° from the mount?   :legit:

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on April 14, 2011, 12:07:57 PM
Framing.  Ah framing....

Client needed 45 identical prints framed in a certain way for a presentation.

They lied.

I think you've been framed!  :uglystupid2:

You don't seem to get the service you require lately, without paying megabucks. I thought all firms were fighting for business due to the recession, but it appears not so, going on your experience.  :(

CML-1591

Maybe it is because it is almost 4:10 am, but, WAMT?-Bird Videos/Slideshows. Just saying...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Graham

Quote from: CML-1591 on April 15, 2011, 04:09:24 AM
Maybe it is because it is almost 4:10 am, but, WAMT?-Bird Videos/Slideshows. Just saying...
They'er not compulsory.....Just saying. ;)
                    Graham.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

top totty

WAMT  !!!  I went to make a will today  :'( I told them I only need a simple one if you don;t mind.That's ok they say the price £150  :tup: Went on to tell them my wishes and I'm told mmmm that's not a simple one, price now £410  >:( I'm sure being a solicitor entitles them to wear a black mask.

Oldboy

Quote from: top totty on April 15, 2011, 07:45:45 PM
WAMT  !!!  I went to make a will today  :'( I told them I only need a simple one if you don;t mind.That's ok they say the price £150  :tup: Went on to tell them my wishes and I'm told mmmm that's not a simple one, price now £410  >:( I'm sure being a solicitor entitles them to wear a black mask.

You can buy a pack from WHS which contains all you need to make a valid will.  :tup:

ABERS

It's a subject that has been occupying our minds recently. It all depends on the intricacies of any special bequests that you may want in the will and whether you can make clear in a home made one what you really want to happen to your estate, and whether it can be legally challenged by some long lost relative that comes out of the woodwork when you snuff it.

The programme that has been running over time, I think called 'The Will Hunters' always starts with the statement that 70% of people die without making a will. I always smile when I hear this, and think that perhaps that's because 70% of the populace have nothing to leave!

Neither my parents or in-laws made wills, all they left were happy memories and a funeral bill, God bless 'em.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.