• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
aliexpress
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Woke up this morning and got myself a coffee. Went to check my emails and discovered my Windows 7 machine had seized control of my iMac's bluetooth keyboard and mouse.  Now the iMac sits idle with no controls.

Oh yeah, these two machines have been sitting side by side for over two yrs. Poltergeist?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Reinardina

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on May 21, 2015, 05:22:07 PM
Sounds scary.

Yeah, seriously, my daughter is convinced that my mother is haunting our house. So does my wife.  ::)
Ol' blue eyes

Reinardina

Quote from: spinner on May 21, 2015, 07:13:30 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 21, 2015, 05:22:07 PM
Sounds scary.

Yeah, seriously, my daughter is convinced that my mother is haunting our house. So does my wife.  ::)

Quite possible, but was she an IT expert?

Hinfrance

Went to the 24 hour petrol station this morning to get some fuel for my garden machinery. Tapped in my card number - wrong code - did it again - wrong code. Onset of Alzheimer's? No, the pumps have new touch screen number pads. I have a problem with touch screens - ghost touches, caused by the fact that my family have unusually strong EM fields  (new wavers call this 'auras' because they're quite mad). So I am going to have to start carrying a capacitive screen pen around with me. Using a pen is the only way I can navigate on screen with my e-reader, although using my Galaxy tablet with my fingers is generally not too bad.

My grandfather's EM field was so strong that he could not wear even anti-magnetic wrist watches - they all stopped.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 22, 2015, 08:16:29 AM
Went to the 24 hour petrol station this morning to get some fuel for my garden machinery. Tapped in my card number - wrong code - did it again - wrong code. Onset of Alzheimer's? No, the pumps have new touch screen number pads. I have a problem with touch screens - ghost touches, caused by the fact that my family have unusually strong EM fields  (new wavers call this 'auras' because they're quite mad). So I am going to have to start carrying a capacitive screen pen around with me. Using a pen is the only way I can navigate on screen with my e-reader, although using my Galaxy tablet with my fingers is generally not too bad.

My grandfather's EM field was so strong that he could not wear even anti-magnetic wrist watches - they all stopped.

An x girlfriend of mine had an EM that made some watches go in reverse so she had an excuse for being late  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

The things you learn here! I knew of EM fields, but did not realise people had them too. And the consequences.

Hinfrance

All animal life generates faint EM fields. Deep ocean predators appear to use it to detect prey, as do, allegedly, some sharks.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

You'd better be careful then, when you go swimming.

What bemused me in an Oxfam charity shop, was the extensive collection of pint glasses, obviously originating from pubs.
Would I commit the crime of handling stolen goods, if I bought some?

Paul Montgomery

Maybe  not there may be a legitimate reason for them being there - our local pub has just disposed of a large number of pint glasses to make way for new stock. They were 'branded' ones and the brewery has brought out a new line.

Reinardina

This was a collection of different 'brands.'

Oldboy

In the pub trade when you buy new glasses they are not counted as an asset, rather they are written off, as many will be broken within a few months.  :o

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on May 23, 2015, 07:15:49 PM
In the pub trade when you buy new glasses they are not counted as an asset, rather they are written off, as many will be broken within a few months.  :o

When I read this, without the context of Reinardina's posts, I thought you were talking about eye glasses  :2funny:
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on May 25, 2015, 02:28:48 AM

When I read this, without the context of Reinardina's posts, I thought you were talking about eye glasses  :2funny:

I did say, "In the pub trade".  :P

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on May 25, 2015, 08:12:10 AM
Quote from: spinner on May 25, 2015, 02:28:48 AM

I did say, "In the pub trade".  :P

Doesn't the 'pub trade' covers everything?
How often don't you hear, someone has bought something (usually well below value), 'off someone in the pub'?

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.