• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
  • Google
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Gee, for a Hassalblad you'd think they could give you Lightroom 5 at least.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Stumbled across a newly opened  Jessops store in Kingston today. It doesn't appear much different to the one that closed in the town whan it all went t***ts up recently.

Smaller but still manned by those irritatingly persistent shop assistants that follow you around and hover on your elbow even when you have told them you're just browsing.

Can't think what Peter Jones the Dragon's Den man hopes to achieve?  ???

donoreo

ABERS

Oldboy

Graham

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on December 15, 2014, 12:10:11 PM
Stumbled across a newly opened  Jessops store in Kingston today. It doesn't appear much different to the one that closed in the town whan it all went t***ts up recently.

Smaller but still manned by those irritatingly persistent shop assistants that follow you around and hover on your elbow even when you have told them you're just browsing.

Can't think what Peter Jones the Dragon's Den man hopes to achieve?  ???

I must admit to having been impressed by the rebranded Jessops. There was a time in Leeds when we had 2 Jessops stores. Anyone with any sense went to the one in the older centre with very knowledgeable staff whilst the other was filled with salesmen. Times got hard and they closed one and lost the stuff - of course they chose the one with knowledgeable staff to close / lose!!! :uglystupid2: From then on Jessops in Leeds became a joke losing any support from serious photographers who used Jacobs and Dales in Leeds instead. As times changed we lost Jessops and 2 other independents as well as Jacobs` leaving only Dales for photography in Leeds - great staff/ expensive . I had no expectations of Jessops when they returned but have been pleasantly surprised to find staff there who know their stuff / leave me alone when I say no thank you and help me when I ask. Great change I`d say - at least in Leeds.

donoreo

spikeyjen

Hinfrance

Not that I need a new camera, but our local supermarket is selling Nikon D3100 with the kit lens for €379, with 50% back on their loyalty card, making the camera €189.50.

Now that's what I call a loss leader.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Viewing figures?
Just read this on the BBC site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30657226

I can only assume that everyone had fallen asleep after a prolonged session of eating and drinking and left the TV on, or watched it in order to fall asleep and forget their indigestion.  :uglystupid2:

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on January 04, 2015, 08:57:20 AM
Viewing figures?
Just read this on the BBC site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30657226

I can only assume that everyone had fallen asleep after a prolonged session of eating and drinking and left the TV on, or watched it in order to fall asleep and forget their indigestion.  :uglystupid2:

Can't believe the programs the BBC put out over the holiday period, soaps, football. F1, world darts, strictly come dancing and that Mrs Brown's Boys rubbish and most of the rest was repeats. The only good program was 'Open All Hours'. Need to ask the question about paying the licence fee. Too many left leaning managers been paid a kings ransome to leave any money for decent programs.  >:(

anglefire

Must admit I do like Mrs Browns Boys (Though I've not seen the film, the bits I did see looked dire!) - Open all Hours is ok, but not as good as the original.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

Mrs B's Boys is deliciously coarse; good old fashioned schoolboy fun. At least previous episodes were. Haven't seen any Christmas TV this time, so can't comment on latest developments.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

Big difference in TV watching in the UK at Christmas compared to over here.  It is obviously a big TV watching day over there considering all of the new things that are on the 25th.  Very few new shows on Christmas day over here.  Most are showing movie marathons i.e. all of the Harry Potter films, or marathons of shows (one had all Doctor Who from 2005 to current on in a row and then did show the Christmas special on Christmas night).  Generally "Christmas Specials" are not actually on Christmas but before Christmas.   

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.