• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Google (2)
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 06, 2014, 07:28:08 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on August 05, 2014, 09:30:51 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 05, 2014, 08:12:44 PM
Crutches and walking sticks all over town. Spent most of the day in town, and was amazed by the number of people with 'walking aids.' Not only old people, and people with plaster casts, but many a young man and woman, with no visible injury, stumbling about with often two crutches. What is going on?

It could 'Be a Pirate Day', but they forgot the Parrots!  :P :legit:

They all had two complete legs.

Pretending to be a pirate doesn't require you to chop off one leg!!!!  :uglystupid2: :legit:

donoreo

Quote from: kerbside on August 06, 2014, 08:00:07 AM
How many school kids drive cars. Since they have been on holiday getting to work has been a doddle. :D
I get that here too.  It is not the students, but parents, teachers, support staff, etc.  There are a lot of people that do not go anywhere when the kids are not in school.  Parents still do, but they may change their schedule since they are not taking the kids to school. 

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on August 07, 2014, 12:41:06 PM
It is all about Copyright  http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-28674167

Don't monkey around  ::)

You`ve got to wonder whether if he had but it on a timer delay and it had taken whether legal position would be different - like so many trip wire exposures of animals in the wild. I feel sorry for the monkey myself - he could be knee deep in bananas from the royalties by now if his abilities had been recognised. It does seem unfair on the photographer who left his camera at risk with the monkey to get the image.

ABERS

WBMT. Well yesterday really.

Meeting a nephew after many years and discovering that I'm a great GREAT uncle. :o

DigiDiva

Thats nice Abers, a special moment. Did you get a camera into his hand before the day was out?
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 08, 2014, 06:58:59 AM
WBMT. Well yesterday really.

Meeting a nephew after many years and discovering that I'm a great GREAT uncle. :o

Great moment great great uncle. Congratulations.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on August 16, 2014, 08:05:34 AM
Check your backgrounds!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28794870

And be crazy enough to cleverly add something out of place to gain publicity  :2funny:

And if it goes viral so much the better  :D  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

I really don`t think they did it on purpose Andy. They have had increasing instances of poor accuracy with props / background detail and had sworn an effort to improve. fell at first fence with promo shoot eh!

WBMT - Photobox. I went to Northern Spain in early June and did an A4 lay flat book of our trip with a credit that I had actually won through an airline photocomp some time back. It was sup[posedly valid for 3 months but Photobox were good enough to keep renewing it and I did it a year late! That said their first effort was poor colour. others noticed less but I highlighted the porrest images and complained. Turned out they had printed the book with automatic enhancement switched on at their end " We find it best for most but obviously with your callibrated monitor work it can take it over the top of what you are seeking". So they agreed to print another and the friends who went went with us bought the first off me for £20 as they could not be bothered to make one. After 3 weeks no sign of the replacement and Photobox accepted it was lost in post and would deliver another with a free upgrade to overnight courier to stop it happening again. They printed that - I find now in France - and sent it by French courier. I use the tracking service to find some time later that they have either taken it to a local post office (without leaving a card or saying which one), could not deliver because of an incomplete address (full address clear on order) or had delivered it successfully - but not to me. I complain  again and Photobox start  to investigate, sending other messages along the way saying how happy they are I now have it. They agreed yesterday to order a 4th copy and do it express service / delivery and give me a £30 cash credit. book was supposedly worth £78. Last night a woman from 6 doors down the street brings it to me. She had  had a card through the door saying she had a parcel to collect at our 2nd nearest post office and when getting there they said have another as it has a post code matching on it but unclear address. She opens it mystified but luckily her husband recognised in one of the images me as that bloke up the road and brings it.  Seems the French couriers deliver it to Parcel Force and pay them to send on. One or other put a new sticker on it covering the address all but the post code and another sticker from parcel force saying "Convenient Delivery". It has two dents in the front cover - another complaint. By this time I am going through whoever does their facebook business page. Customer Service advisors made aware constantly say "Back to you within the day" and fail to come back so my new policy of three attempts through channels then blasting their Facebook page went into action. I got my first refund / statement of intent within a minute of my Facebook page sarcastic entry. The same person has now undertaken to print me a 4th copy, refund my original postage, keep the £30 cash credit in plavce and credit me with another A4 book valid for a year. Longwinded but result!!!

Sandy

That sounds quite a story, I would have given up ages ago well done in seeing it though to the end

Reinardina

Great story Paul. It pays to be tenacious. Well done.

Reinardina

Now, why do I keep getting emails, telling me I can gain several inches? I'm trying to shed some. 

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 23, 2014, 06:00:28 PM
Now, why do I keep getting emails, telling me I can gain several inches? I'm trying to shed some.

I think that might be for the male of the species!  :-[ :P :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on August 23, 2014, 10:09:26 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 23, 2014, 06:00:28 PM

I think that might be for the male of the species!  :-[ :P :legit:

You think so? Couple of years ago I had constant offers to 'grow' it. Money back guaranteed. Often wondered, how that would work.

It's strange that I get different types of spam on different email addresses. These 'enhancement' ones are limited to one of my Gmail addresses, while all the phishing ones, seem to come to one of my Hotmail addresses.

Others are virtually spam free.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.