• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
  • Baidu (2)
parkcameras
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Exactly.

Money has to be earned/made somewhere, before it can be spent, or redistributed.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on May 11, 2014, 09:09:33 AM
And wealth is not restricted to old money, or old industries.

No, that is very true. If you want to make plenty of money become Prime Minister, join America in a war looking for WMD's, (this gives you access to the American speaking circuit), strut about on the world stage and indicate that you are happy to accept lots of filthy lucre. Remind you of anybody?  >:( >:( >:(

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on May 11, 2014, 03:40:43 PM

No, that is very true. If you want to make plenty of money become Prime Minister, join America in a war looking for WMD's, (this gives you access to the American speaking circuit), strut about on the world stage and indicate that you are happy to accept lots of filthy lucre. Remind you of anybody?  >:( >:( >:(

Another bright spark with a good idea.  You forgot to mention the freebies.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Simple

Quote from: Reinardina on May 11, 2014, 03:46:12 PM

And be even happier if you have a wife with the same deplorable standards. >:(

ABERS

..and the more you have the more you want apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27356896

I wonder if HMRAC will chase them as hard as they chased me for the £68 I apparently underpaid last year. :o

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on May 12, 2014, 08:29:53 AM

I wonder if HMRAC will chase them as hard as they chased me for the £68 I apparently underpaid last year. :o

You'll remember all the fuss over Jimmy Carr's perfectly legal tax affairs last year, where our glorious leader called him immoral in the house.
  The said leader has been conspicuously quiet about Garry Barlow. But then Jimmy Carr isn't a known Tory supporter and doner!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Quote from: Graham on May 12, 2014, 01:13:14 PM

But then Jimmy Carr isn't a known Tory supporter and doner!

I've always regarded Carr as about as funny as a kebab and the current PM about as oily and greasy as one. So perhaps your spelling mistake was perhaps completely on the button. :legit:

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on May 12, 2014, 01:59:57 PM

But then Jimmy Carr isn't a known Tory supporter and doner!

I've always regarded Carr as about as funny as a kebab and the current PM about as oily and greasy as one. So perhaps your spelling mistake was perhaps completely on the button. :legit:

Should it be double "n"? It just doesn't look right!  :-[

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on May 12, 2014, 08:11:57 PM
Donor I believe.

Thanks Alan.
  I can spell big complicated words (like wheelbarrow) but sometimes struggle with simple ones.  :uglystupid2:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Andrew

Quote from: Simple on May 12, 2014, 08:12:40 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 11, 2014, 03:46:12 PM

And be even happier if you have a wife with the same deplorable standards. >:(

I'll not have a word said against her. She got me off a train ticket fraud charge by using her excuse for not buying a ticket - and I reminded the court that as her husband made the law of the land, if it was good eonugh for his wife it should be good enough for me  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Andrew

Quote from: ABERS on May 12, 2014, 08:29:53 AM

You'll remember all the fuss over Jimmy Carr's perfectly legal tax affairs last year, where our glorious leader called him immoral in the house.
  The said leader has been conspicuously quiet about Garry Barlow. But then Jimmy Carr isn't a known Tory supporter and doner!

Our current Prime minister has shown he is a true Tory in that he operates one rule for them, and another rule for the rest. I often wonder why Jim Davidson ever got arrested!
Oh yeah - he stopped donating  :-X
It is the last 20 years of government that have created the ground for the likes of Farage to exist.
Not that the unions are doing much to make things any better.

They're all as bad as each other.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

anglefire

The thing is Gary Barlow's wasn't illegal either - until it was determined by the courts that it wasn't. It's normal to try and reduce your tax bill - sometimes the accountants try it on with dubious, but arguably legal ways.

Though I think now you can still do the dubious avoidance schemes, but you have to pay the tax first and when agreed it is legal, get the tax back. Makes more sense to me.

As for Jimmy Carr, what he did was perfectly legal. I really don't see what the issue was.

I wonder how many people that are calling for the blood of GB can honestly say that they pay all their taxes, don't do anything for cash, don't over estimate the mileage claims etc etc. 
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

spinner

What bemused me? Mac OS. I've pretty much switched over to Apple. I use a 27" iMac for my photo work and I picked up a used MacPro to use as a server. Everyone else in my house (4 adults) use MS. so I set up my server to 'serve' both systems. Today I tried to transfer some photo files on the MacPro server to the iMac. Long store short, the files were on an external drive and I ended up having to transfer them to a Win7 machine because the Mac's can't see external drives on each other, but the Win7 can. So, Mac to Win7 then Win 7 to Mac.
:o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

donoreo

You would still need to share those external drives for the two Mac's to see each other.   

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.