• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Sounds like my kind of mayor!  :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on November 09, 2013, 12:24:40 PM
Since I live in Toronto I guess I must mention our mayor this week :)  He did make international news.

He did....but didn't know what to say.  :D

donoreo

Quote from: Oldboy on November 09, 2013, 07:49:12 PM
Quote from: donoreo on November 09, 2013, 12:24:40 PM
Since I live in Toronto I guess I must mention our mayor this week :)  He did make international news.

He did....but didn't know what to say.  :D
The funniest was on twitter afterward.  The hashtag #inadrunkenstupor and people making comments on stupid things to do.  Of course none were smoking crack.

Reinardina

Just had a phone call from the 'Accident Action Centre." Young male, slightly hesitant voice with an Indian-ish accent (I'm still not very good on accents).
He had been made aware that someone on our number had had an accident. I feigned shock, horror and surprise in equal measure.
"Oh no," I said. "Who is it?"
He seemed surprised and offered the name Morrison. Don't know anyone of that name, so I casually said: "Oh him, he's been dead for fifty years."
"Did you kill him?" he asked.

Strongly denied it, and that confused him even more apparently, as he kept saying: "Oh, I am so sorry."
I had to (gently) remind him, he'd better call someone else.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on November 18, 2013, 02:19:16 PM
Just had a phone call from the 'Accident Action Centre." Young male, slightly hesitant voice with an Indian-ish accent (I'm still not very good on accents).
He had been made aware that someone on our number had had an accident. I feigned shock, horror and surprise in equal measure.
He seemed surprised and offered the name Morrison. Don't know anyone of that name, so I casually said: "Oh him, he's been dead for fifty years."

Strongly denied it, and that confused him even more apparently, as he kept saying: "Oh, I am so sorry."

:2funny: what was he selling?
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on November 18, 2013, 02:42:36 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 18, 2013, 02:19:16 PM

:2funny: what was he selling?

I never let them get to the selling point, but as he was from the "Accident Action Centre," I suppose he worked for ambulance chasers.

Andrew

ah yes, the ambulance chasers...

My brother works in one of the emergency services and was involved in an 'incident'
As said, he got a call (from a person in a country west of England) asking how he was in light of his accident.
Brother replied "i died, just waiting to be buried..."
20 seconds later the phone line went dead  :dance:

I'm ow waiting for the opportunity to use it myself  :2funny:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Graham

Quote from: Andrew on November 18, 2013, 09:29:55 PM
ah yes, the ambulance chasers...

My brother works in one of the emergency services and was involved in an 'incident'
As said, he got a call (from a person in a country west of England) asking how he was in light of his accident.
Brother replied "i died, just waiting to be buried..."
20 seconds later the phone line went dead  :dance:

I'm ow waiting for the opportunity to use it myself  :2funny:

Mind if I steal that and claim it as my own?  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Andrew

i don't think he patented it - go ahead  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Reinardina

If I have time on my hands, I like to lead them along a bit.

I once told one, I just fell down the stairs, in my hurry to answer his call.

Andrew

I had my bi-annual check up at the dentist.
Advised since last we met i'd had to change my Oral B eletric tooth brush.
5 minutes later he says "don't know what the tooth brush is doing but stick with it. You need no work, not even a clean. Your gums and teeth are all looking healthier"

But here is the part that amused me....

My new toothbrush is.........

An Oral B eletric toothbrush  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

ABERS

That anybody had the idea that this would sell ::)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25013411

Does anybody buy calenders any more anyway?

Hinfrance

Yes, we buy a calender every year, from the Sapeurs-Pompiers. There are usually some lovely pictures of the local yoofs' cars upside down in ditches and the odd barn on fire. Our local fire station is staffed entirely by volunteers, and this helps them with little extras like soup.  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

Quote from: ABERS on November 21, 2013, 08:12:38 AM
That anybody had the idea that this would sell ::)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-25013411

Does anybody buy calenders any more anyway?

in a word - no! Got me iPhone & iPad to do all that  :tup:

ABERS

Attended a talk last evening entitled "Contemporary Photography and Current Trends".

I know I was doomed when the lady, who lectures at a couple of Photographic Colleges and hosts tours around Tate Modern, started with  an image by William Eggleston. By the time coffee break came around we had seen reams of work by 'up and coming' photographers who had taken the photographic art world by storm and were destined to form the backbone of photography in the near future. I'm afraid I can't  tell you any of their names as I was trying to work out what their pictures were all about when it was announced.

I remember that one or two of them produced prints about 8 feet square, which seemed to be to the delight of the speaker and they sold for quite large amounts of wonga. It did cross my mind if they sold because of their content or just by the square foot.

Then coffee break came, always a good time to slide out without anyone noticing. On the way home I realised that all the effort I had made trying to be understanding of other's work was for nothing. My photographic dyslexia and visual ignorance has returned with a vengeance but enforcing the belief that having more fart than art is not as enjoyable as doing what you think best.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.