• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
  • Google (2)
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 22, 2013, 03:55:34 PM
I didn't say I had lots of shoes, just that I have more than Mrs H. I have the opposite problem to many husbands - I can lead her to the shops, but I cannot make her buy  :(

Why is that so sad Howard - or are you like us and often going to shops with an empty purse.  :-[
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

It's sad Andy because we may be walking past a shop and see something she thinks is really lovely, so I'll say 'buy it', and she'll say 'maybe, I'll just look at the other shops first' and then she ends up with nothing. On the plus side she is very economical to run  ;D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Got an email flyer today from a local Camera Store chain prodding me to order now! New Fuji Fujifilm X-E2. It's a $1000 Cdn. Roughly £600 for a 16 mp camera? So it does HD video, I don't want or need HD video. Why wouldn't you just buy a video camera. Maybe because I can't afford it I find justifying the price hard. But not sure I'd buy it even if I was swimming in cash. ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Apparently getting to the boulangerie at 8:30 is far too late to get any croissants - sold out. Well, there's always toast.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 25, 2013, 08:43:30 AM
Apparently getting to the boulangerie at 8:30 is far too late to get any croissants - sold out. Well, there's always toast.

I don't know. You and your fancy Continental breakfasts!  ::)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Special Friday treat Graham. Breakfast is usually this:

ie, nothing. Unless you count a cup of tea.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Quote from: spinner on October 24, 2013, 07:17:16 PM
Got an email flyer today from a local Camera Store chain prodding me to order now! New Fuji Fujifilm X-E2. It's a $1000 Cdn. Roughly £600 for a 16 mp camera? So it does HD video, I don't want or need HD video. Why wouldn't you just buy a video camera. Maybe because I can't afford it I find justifying the price hard. But not sure I'd buy it even if I was swimming in cash. ;D

I thought most cameras now come with HD video. My present one has it, as did my previous one. Never used it though.

But, I have been told by someone who knows about these things (so he says), that the quality of a photo camera video is much better than that of a video camera. He explained it, and it all sounded plausible, but I'm too tired to try to repeat it all.
Apparently they shoot films on DSLR cameras now on a regular basis.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

Indeed they do R. My D7000 has video but never used it. Played around with it in low light levels in prep for the wedding I covered at the weekend. Too grainy and I got much better results using my Sony HX20V. Even better I got my wife, acting as assistant to do it on a monopod and it looks like a nice addition to my dvd slideshow I supply.
What bemused me about the wedding is why a B&G can not just not smile but seemingly scowl all the way down the aisle and the wedding service? Must have been annoyed like me at the Warwickshire registrars. Nice couple of women but quite the strictest rules I have ever shot under - rooted in one spot as instructed behind a pillar making a ring shot impossible! No shooting whilst anyone is talking- celebrant, readers etc and no flash if you can help it! Meant quite the lowest level mof service coverage I have ever got - though the bride and groom understood and were happy with anything I could get. Just pruning down from 1400 + shots to around 4-500 now. It was a 12 hour shoot including photobooth set up so lots to do!

ABERS

This headline caught my eye and somewhat bemused me

'DR Congo claims defeat of M23 rebels'.

Since I use the M23 regularly I had no idea that there was any rebellion taking place and indeed that some medico named Congo had taken on the insurgents along the Surrey/Hampshire borders. Strange what goes on under your nose. ???

Full story here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on November 05, 2013, 07:29:05 AM
This headline caught my eye and somewhat bemused me

'DR Congo claims defeat of M23 rebels'.

Since I use the M23 regularly I had no idea that there was any rebellion taking place and indeed that some medico named Congo had taken on the insurgents along the Surrey/Hampshire borders. Strange what goes on under your nose. ???

Full story here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/

They only fight at night which is why you don't see them.  :P

spinner

Just received a junk email from the supposed FBI, the FBI! It claims their cyber terrorism unit has intercepted a fraud and for a fee, sent to Nigeria of all places. I'll get my money back.

Are people really that stupid that they'd fall for this blatant stupidity????
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spikeyjen

Accreditation going on today and for the next 2 days. Everyone running around like headless chooks (chickens to you northerners) pretending they are up to date with mandatory training, fire drills and the like. I'm just hiding in the office, hoping that I don't get asked a question that I have to be honest in reply!!   :legit:

Hinfrance

Supermarket pricing.

150ml spray paint can €5.85, 400ml €5.05

250g mushrooms €0.99, 500g €1.99 (OK only 1 cent difference, but the principle, the principle people)

2 salmon fillets €2.99, 4 fillets €6.99

Guess they rely on shoppers being a bit thick.  :uglystupid2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

donoreo

Since I live in Toronto I guess I must mention our mayor this week :)  He did make international news. 

Hinfrance

Saw an hilarious tweet about that: "Embarrassed crack users in Toronto insist only a tiny minority of them are politicians"
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.