• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
  • Google (2)
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on September 12, 2013, 08:32:56 AM
Reading this and looking at the mug shots.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-24047750

Can you imagine being confronted by these blokes, frightening! Along with a Brummy accent as well ???

It was in the Daily Mail on-line yesterday. I like the fact they put razor blades in the peaks of their caps, unlike the teddyboys who put theirs in their lapels.  ;D

ABERS

Quote from: ABERS on August 26, 2013, 08:25:46 AM
Flickr. ???

Has anyone noticed any strange activity on Flickr recently regarding the number of "views" stats.?

I thought that when Flickr had some sort of site maintenance the other day they were addressing the 'views' problem. Not so it seems. Had a look today and yesterday I had 555 views, now considering I've only got 487 pictures on there that's going some! :o

Reinardina

In an email discussion,  with a male friend, about Wellington boots, I kept typing 'willies.' Not once, but every single time.
I think I corrected them all before I sent off the mails, but I was getting seriously worried. Was I really so obsessed? What would Sigmund make of it? Did I need help?

When I realised the 'e' and the 'i' on my keyboard are quite far apart, as I typed the dreaded word again, I knew I definitely did not make a typo that time, but still I was talking about willies.

Did a short test sentence, and realised my Windows 8/IE 10 is the pervert, not me!

Have to find out how to teach it proper English. I suppose it is an American version.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

Quote from: Reinardina on September 20, 2013, 10:46:33 AM
In an email discussion,  with a male friend, about Wellington boots, I kept typing 'willies.' Not once, but every single time.
I think I corrected them all before I sent off the mails, but I was getting seriously worried. Was I really so obsessed? What would Sigmund make of it? Did I need help?

When I realised the 'e' and the 'i' on my keyboard are quite far apart, as I typed the dreaded word again, I knew I definitely did not make a typo that time, but still I was talking about willies.

Did a short test sentence, and realised my Windows 8/IE 10 is the pervert, not me!

Have to find out how to teach it proper English. I suppose it is an American version.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on September 20, 2013, 11:13:21 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on September 20, 2013, 10:46:33 AM

He's taking the mickey! He doesn't believe me; he's laughing at me!

HELP!

Hinfrance

Our little town of 65,000 people now has four tattoo parlours. How can there be enough demand to keep four of them going?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 25, 2013, 07:44:17 AM
Our little town of 65,000 people now has four tattoo parlours. How can there be enough demand to keep four of them going?

Do you have a French Foreign Legion barracks close by? ;)

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 25, 2013, 07:44:17 AM
Unfortunately, there probably is.  Personally tattoos creep me out. 

Cabbyjohn

What would Sigmund make of it? Did I need help?

Talking of Sigmund reminds me of the day the massive IRA bomb went off in Manchester. I was driving my cab and was about 400 yards away from the bomb when it went off. The cab rocked and all around me shop and office windows blew out. Everywhere was covered in dust and debris. Before the dust had settled and once I realised I was still alive I blurted out to myself. "F****** H***  We are going to be busy today"!  What would he have made of me? As it happened myself and a few other drivers in the immediate vicinity loaded our cabs with the injured and ferried them to the nearest  A&E Hospital. Needless to say, free of charge.

Reinardina

Quote from: Cabbyjohn on September 25, 2013, 03:42:13 PM
What would Sigmund make of it? Did I need help?

Talking of Sigmund reminds me of the day the massive IRA bomb went off in Manchester. I was driving my cab and was about 400 yards away from the bomb when it went off. The cab rocked and all around me shop and office windows blew out. Everywhere was covered in dust and debris. Before the dust had settled and once I realised I was still alive I blurted out to myself. "F****** H***  We are going to be busy today"!  What would he have made of me? As it happened myself and a few other drivers in the immediate vicinity loaded our cabs with the injured and ferried them to the nearest  A&E Hospital. Needless to say, free of charge.

I read this several times, and am not sure what Sigmund would have said. As a woman I cannot really comment on the great man's musings anyway, as it would probably be considered a 'typical' female reaction, not really worth bothering about.

You were lucky, and did your bit to help others who weren't. Who cares what Sigmund would have said? You did right.

jinky

One of my camera grips has finally come off my D700 - combination of useless eco glue and my sweaty palms.Anyway had the part a while and just needed some rubbing alcohol to remove old adhesive underneath. 1st chemist - £11 for half a litre special order - so much more than I need. 2nd chemist "never heard of it" to which a customer next to me says "You have it`s on these wipes " and holds up a prescription he as. Can I buy them I ask - no says the chemist but you can get them for free if tou register with out needle exchange scheme! :o
The guy next to me then says - "I can put down 10 on my script for him can`t I". So basically  a guy on needle exchange shared his gear for me - nice lad trying to get off it gradually who wished me luck getting the glue off. i`ll let you know how I get on.

donoreo

Quote from: jinky on October 08, 2013, 10:49:30 AM
One of my camera grips has finally come off my D700 - combination of useless eco glue and my sweaty palms.Anyway had the part a while and just needed some rubbing alcohol to remove old adhesive underneath. 1st chemist - £11 for half a litre special order - so much more than I need. 2nd chemist "never heard of it" to which a customer next to me says "You have it`s on these wipes " and holds up a prescription he as. Can I buy them I ask - no says the chemist but you can get them for free if tou register with out needle exchange scheme! :o
The guy next to me then says - "I can put down 10 on my script for him can`t I". So basically  a guy on needle exchange shared his gear for me - nice lad trying to get off it gradually who wished me luck getting the glue off. i`ll let you know how I get on.
That much trouble for rubbing alcohol?  It is on the shelf in 500ml or more bottles here.  No more than a couple of $. 

Hinfrance

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HAZ-RUBBING-ALCOHOL-70-500ml/dp/B008BZZSDU

I'd never heard surgical spirit called that before  :o

I would use ethanol, less than €1.00 a litre in the supermarket, or if the body is metal perhaps acetone. Or you could try licking it off, as it's eco glue it's bound to be edible ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 08, 2013, 12:47:29 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HAZ-RUBBING-ALCOHOL-70-500ml/dp/B008BZZSDU

I'd never heard surgical spirit called that before  :o

I would use ethanol, less than €1.00 a litre in the supermarket, or if the body is metal perhaps acetone. Or you could try licking it off, as it's eco glue it's bound to be edible ;)
rubbing alcohol is ethanol or isopropanol.  Acetone would be good if metal, I agree. 

jinky

Nikon say only use isoproponal alcohol and never white spirit. I couldorder half a litre elsewhere but £11! My 10 wipes should be fine with a  bit of  cocktail stick action too.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.