• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Quote from: michaelb104 on March 06, 2013, 08:13:08 AM
Quote from: Mick on March 05, 2013, 08:31:14 PM
Quote from: michaelb104 on March 05, 2013, 02:55:23 PM

The weather woman this morning promised me 12c and sunshine, the temperature has just reached 4c and it is still foggy  >:(

Was like a summers day here in Essex, 11 C.  8)

Still foggy and cold  :(
If it makes you feel any better it is -2C and we have lots of snow on the ground. 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on March 06, 2013, 03:00:31 PM
Quote from: michaelb104 on March 06, 2013, 08:13:08 AM
Quote from: Mick on March 05, 2013, 08:31:14 PM
Quote from: michaelb104 on March 05, 2013, 02:55:23 PM

The weather woman this morning promised me 12c and sunshine, the temperature has just reached 4c and it is still foggy  >:(

Was like a summers day here in Essex, 11 C.  8)

Still foggy and cold  :(
If it makes you feel any better it is -2C and we have lots of snow on the ground.

We've got snow next week so the Met man's just said.  ;D

ABERS

Amused rather than bemused by a report of an event at Sandown Racecourse just down the road from us.

Headline.

Ten Men Held After a Stabbing At Sandown Racecourse.

Police were called to the scene off Portsmouth Road, in Esher, at about 18:15 GMT on Saturday following reports of an altercation in the car park.

The victim, in his 40s, suffered a stab wound to the neck and is in a stable condition   ???

Hinfrance

Given all the strident articles about UK immigration I've seen recently, this little bit of tittle tattle should amuse:

Some of our French friends have just got back from a week in London. They enjoyed themselves (even partook of  warm beer or two), were bemused by adverts for pies everywhere, but had one complaint: there were far too many eastern Europeans strewn about the place. Although both the mother and daughter are fluent in English, they admitted they didn't understand a word many of the baristas and sundry service people were saying to them, because of their thick accents and broken grammar.

I'm getting the impression that UKIP might well end up as a rather significant force in UK politics come the next election.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

This one always gets me;

I go to the dentist, they cause me pain, they take lots of money off me, and when I walk out I say thank you!
Shouldn't the dentist be the one who says thank you?
May the Force be with you.

Chris

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 13, 2013, 08:26:38 AM
Given all the strident articles about UK immigration I've seen recently, this little bit of tittle tattle should amuse:

Some of our French friends have just got back from a week in London. They enjoyed themselves (even partook of  warm beer or two), were bemused by adverts for pies everywhere, but had one complaint: there were far too many eastern Europeans strewn about the place. Although both the mother and daughter are fluent in English, they admitted they didn't understand a word many of the baristas and sundry service people were saying to them, because of their thick accents and broken grammar.

I'm getting the impression that UKIP might well end up as a rather significant force in UK politics come the next election.

Living on the outskirts of the great multicultural bastion of Canada, Toronto, I see this too. For me it is a source of amusement to attend the local Starbucks and watch a customer of one ethnic group attempting to communicate with the barista who's from a completely different ethnic group, neither of them having a good grasp of English.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Quote from: Jediboy on March 13, 2013, 05:43:13 PM
This one always gets me;

I go to the dentist, they cause me pain, they take lots of money off me, and when I walk out I say thank you!
Shouldn't the dentist be the one who says thank you?

My dentist says he wants an Aston Martin. I'm pretty sure he's looking for the cash inside my mouth. I always say a good dentist can see right down your throat to your bank account.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 13, 2013, 06:56:08 PM
I always say a good dentist can see right down your throat to your bank account.

That's why mine ignores my fillings and kicks me out after a quick clean n polish  ;) Touching wood  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Jediboy

I've never seen a poor denist.  ;)
Not that I'm jealous you understand.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Mick

Quote from: krennon on January 31, 2013, 07:22:26 PM
WBMT...this hot off the bbc press http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21285587 Jessops brand sold to Peter Jones (he of Dragons Den fame)..could we see this iconic store reopen??? (I know the report says not but you never know even if it just becomes a interweb store like woolies has)

Looks like it is coming back Keith.  8)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21964291

http://news.sky.com/story/1070810/tv-dragon-breathes-new-life-into-jessops
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Mick, can you explain the p.r.i.c.k/pepperpot mystery?

See the posts in the Chat thread of the weekly (Vibrant Colour) competition.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on March 28, 2013, 07:15:01 PM

:o   :doh:  I do apologise, there was an entry in the word censor, which was added a couple of years ago when we were playing about with it.. 

I've corrected it now.  :tup:

My Gallery

OpenSea

Reinardina

Quote from: Mick on March 28, 2013, 08:56:49 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on March 28, 2013, 07:15:01 PM

:o   :doh:  I do apologise, there was an entry in the word censor, which was added a couple of years ago when we were playing about with it.. 

I've corrected it now.  :tup:

Thanks Mick. Found it quite funny, once I realised what was happening!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on March 29, 2013, 04:27:41 PM

Thanks Mick. Found it quite funny, once I realised what was happening!

Must admit I did have a little chuckle to myself while reading those posts.  :D  :legit:

My Gallery

OpenSea

jinky

I`d rather be called a pepperpot than a prick though  :D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.