• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on December 03, 2012, 08:46:09 AM
Meeting some old friends over a birthday drink they informed me that I was entitled to a free TV licence, in fact I was entitled to it last year!

Thinking it was a windup I checked and low and behold I am. :dance:

One drawback however, I can't legitimately complain about the rubbish that infests the screen when and if I get it. No more cries of 'nothing but crap on tonight, what do we pay the licence fee for ?'.  >:(

I think you'll also find that being of an age  where you can claim a free tv licence, you are obliged by law to wear fur lined slippers with zips up the front, and be the owner of a tartan shopping trolley! :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

Quote from: Graham on December 03, 2012, 10:06:33 AM
Meeting some old friends over a birthday drink they informed me that I was entitled to a free TV licence, in fact I was entitled to it last year!

One drawback however, I can't legitimately complain about the rubbish that infests the screen when and if I get it. No more cries of 'nothing but crap on tonight, what do we pay the licence fee for ?'.  >:(

I think you'll also find that being of an age  where you can claim a free tv licence, you are obliged by law to wear fur lined slippers with zips up the front, and be the owner of a tartan shopping trolley! :legit:

So I believe Graham. I must admit I'm leaning towards the Velcro strap over type rather than the zip slipper, much more up to date you know.

I'm being taken to get measured for one of those caps that has a corduroy trim around the edge, you know what I mean, the sort you see Skoda drivers wearing.  :legit:

Hinfrance

Quote from: ABERS on December 03, 2012, 01:12:18 PM

I'm being taken to get measured for one of those caps that has a corduroy trim around the edge, you know what I mean, the sort you see Skoda drivers wearing.  :legit:

Oi! My hat is of the American baseball type, it's black and has 'Corvettes of Houston' written on the front. And I don't wear it in the Skoda because it has a perfectly serviceable roof, thank you very much  :knuppel2:

I found an old print of my little Rapid:

Still brings a smile to my lips thinking about it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on December 03, 2012, 01:12:18 PM
Quote from: Graham on December 03, 2012, 10:06:33 AM

So I believe Graham. I must admit I'm leaning towards the Velcro strap over type rather than the zip slipper, much more up to date you know.

I'll have you know that I took one of the back seats out of my skoda (and not to make way for my mobility scooter.) and it was stamped "VW" so there! :P
  However being over 50 I am strugleing to resist the temptation to put a box of tissues on the parcel shelf and a tin of travel sweets in the glovebox.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

It's getting worse, first the Dandy packs up and now Dave Brubeck has cashed in his chips! :(

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on December 06, 2012, 08:58:50 AM
It's getting worse, first the Dandy packs up and now Dave Brubeck has cashed in his chips! :(

I never knew the Dandy (my husband does though!), but Dave Brubeck was a firm favourite!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on December 07, 2012, 08:23:11 PM

I never knew the Dandy (my husband does though!), but Dave Brubeck was a firm favourite!

You never heard of Korky the Cat or Desperate Dan!!!  :o

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on December 07, 2012, 10:44:07 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on December 07, 2012, 08:23:11 PM

You never heard of Korky the Cat or Desperate Dan!!!  :o

My Gran used to send me the annuals every Christmas. I remember Desperate Dan ;D, but not Korky the cat.  :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Was given an old Brownie Hawkeye, found during the clean out of my in-laws. Still had film in it. Too bad I don't know of anywhere I might get it developed.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Reinardina

I have heard of Desperate Dan, and probably other well known figures, but did not know they came from the Dandy.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

The sadness or geekieness of some people ::)

Have a look at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-20627005

Great pictures! Read the comments left by readers. Some poor soul wonders if the soviet tank in the Koudelka picture is a T54 or a T55. :doh:

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

T54 Mark 3a I would hazard, the Russian invasion took place on Aug.20th '68, the 154 came into service a couple of months later, it would have been earlier but they had trouble with aligning the rear sprocket drives with the compensating track guides.  Anyway that's what the bloke down the pub said. 8)

Apparently it was all sorted out on the Octavia line in the Skoda factory when the Ruskies took over.

So it's a 154 I'm afraid.   ;)

Hinfrance

I don't know how you can say that Alan, really, have you not seen the lamp on the front of the turret?  :o
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.