• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
Wish
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Got some muck on my sensor. Looks like it might be the size of Belgium. Or maybe a bug . .

Job for this afternoon.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Just cleaned it. It wasn't the size of Belgium, it was more like a gas giant. You have to ask how the <redacted> do objects that big get in to such a small space in the first place?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Karen

>:( Why can't the postman just come at the same time every day

ABERS

Quote from: ABERS on October 02, 2012, 08:22:51 AM
It's that time of year again when gasps of amazement, puzzlement and horror are usually expressed in equal numbers. It's the 2012 Turner Prize shortlist!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19793480

It's nice to hear an explanation of the entries from 'one who knows', but having been accused of being visually illiterate and non-art trained I still struggle to understand it all. ???

There is an entry that is photographically based, so it should be interesting.

I am determined to visit Tate Britain to experience it in the flesh and see if that makes any difference to my initial scepticism.  :-\

Visited Tate Britain this morning but didn't view the Turner Prize shortlist as I intended. They wanted £11 to have a gander, not on your life! I did see some peculiar exhibits though that left me somewhat bemused. ::)

Hinfrance

Having to explain to friend who wanted a picture taken of her house for her business cards that the reason the picture only showed the front edge of the roof is because light travels in straight lines . . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 25, 2012, 03:46:55 PM
Having to explain to friend who wanted a picture taken of her house for her business cards that the reason the picture only showed the front edge of the roof is because light travels in straight lines . . . .

Not round a black hole it doesn't!  :o :legit:

Hinfrance

Not to be too pedantic, but it doesn't travel anywhere in straight lines because it is always pulled slightly by gravity, albeit lots by super massive objects like singularities or larger Americans.

But I think, for the purposes of explaining stuff to an earth bound blond lady, straight lines is as good an explanation as the circumstances require. ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

spinner

And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Did a a shoot this afternoon for the 'blond' of her daughter - it was the daughter's birthday.

What bemused me was that although the pictures were all good, I had to tweak them a tad to warm a few up where the auto white balance hadn't quite got it warm enough, a few bits of lifting shadows - low level stuff. I did this in Lightroom. Then for the hell of it I opened Aftershot Pro and ran them through that. One click and the preset just popped them all out right on the money.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

michaelb104

Went north for a couple of nights away,  hoping to see some snow. No snow north but snow at home,  it had all gone when we got back -  typical............
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Oldboy

ABERS

I'm a little apprehensive about this, knowing the sensibilities of some forum members  ::) , but whilst looking for some adhesive on the Screwfix site, this leapt out at me.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/sticks-like-sh-t-290ml-white/22070?cm_mmc=Email-_-E12W40A2-_-LP-_-EvoStik

They are jolly rude those builder chappies.  :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.