• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
millets
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on June 09, 2012, 10:38:25 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on June 08, 2012, 09:38:15 PM
On our recent break, hubby couldn't 'work' the telly. Bliss!

My wife used to always tell me off for testing  the TV as my first action on arriving in any hotel room. Once we were staying in a standard room at a swanky hotel and I found that the aerial was faulty with wiring loose which I could not fix with my penknife. Mentioned it at reception and whilst we were at dinner they moved us to the best four poster room in the whole hotel that would have been three times the cost and gave us a free bottle of wine with dinner. She never says anything now when I jokingly check the TV works - shame is it has never happened again. have to get the pen knife out I guess  ;)

We had the same sort of experience once, when we had problems with dinner; cold and greasy plates. It was a THF hotel in Scotland, and we said something about not really looking forward to our next stay in the next town on our itinerary.
When we arrived there the next day, we'd been given the bridal suite!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

They unblocked Flickr and CC this afternoon.  Or the filter is down.  Who knows.   

ABERS

Now that my garden is totally soaked after a couple of weeks of incessant rain, Thames Water are to announce that I can use my hosepipe again!

Give it a week to dry out before I can get on the soil again and I expect the hosepipe ban will be re-introduced.

Jonathan

Now that my garden is totally soaked after a couple of weeks of incessant rain, my water company are adamant it's still a drought and I still I can't use my hosepipe!

In case anybody is interested.....that means instead of 4 minutes standing in a greenhouse watering tomatoes every day, I spend 10 minutes standing in the rain filling cans from the overflowing water buts to do the same.
It's Guest's round

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on June 13, 2012, 09:53:10 AM
Now that my garden is totally soaked after a couple of weeks of incessant rain, my water company are adamant it's still a drought and I still I can't use my hosepipe!

In case anybody is interested.....that means instead of 4 minutes standing in a greenhouse watering tomatoes every day, I spend 10 minutes standing in the rain filling cans from the overflowing water buts to do the same.

I'm surprised a man of your talent hasn't brought one of those pumps, worked by a electric drill, attach to a hose with one end in the waterbutt and the other end spraying over the toms.  :doh:

donoreo

Quote from: donoreo on June 11, 2012, 07:38:11 PM
They unblocked Flickr and CC this afternoon.  Or the filter is down.  Who knows.
Working again :(

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on June 13, 2012, 11:04:37 PM
Quote from: Jonathan on June 13, 2012, 09:53:10 AM

I'm surprised a man of your talent hasn't brought one of those pumps, worked by a electric drill, attach to a hose with one end in the waterbutt and the other end spraying over the toms.  :doh:

Far simpler just to wait until dark.
It's Guest's round

Graham

I've just bought one of those "BlackBerry" mobile telephone devices (The Bakelite on my old one was starting to crumble.).
  Amongst other wonderful things, I am suposed to be able to conect to the emails on my home PC...Bu&&erd if I can find out how!
              Yours. Bedecked in bemused befuddlement.  Graham.  :uglystupid2:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

The Blackberry device stores where your PC is located so that you can find which room it is in and go there and see how many emails are on it! I don't know I'm sure! ::)

irv_b

Shameful graham ;)! My wife who is even more of a techno phobe than me worked that one out herself the other day  ;D
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

Quote from: irv_b on June 16, 2012, 08:12:08 PM
Shameful graham ;)! My wife who is even more of a techno phobe than me worked that one out herself the other day  ;D

Yes, but be fair he is also very very old!  :2funny: :legit:

Hinfrance

I just use 'cloud' based email so I can access emails on no matter what gizmo thingy happens to be at hand.

On the other hand, I remember the thoughts of a solicitor I used to know who said that emails and faxes (we're going back a ways here) were simply letters delivered by electronic means, and he put them in the same pile as the stuff from the mail. Just because they were electronic did not make them urgent. So pick up your emails when you get home :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

There was a knock on the door this morning. I opened it to find a young man standing there who said:  "Hello sir,
I'm a Jehovah's Witness .I said "Come in and sit down." I offered him coffee and asked, "What do you want to talk about?"
He said, "Buggered if I know, I've never got this far before. :o

Hinfrance

Yet another reason to avoid DCM : http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/06/26/techradar_data_breach/

If you use the same password on other sites as you do on DCM, better change it/them just to err on the side of caution.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.