• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Fancy a trip to the Olympics? Why not take the family to the opening and closing ceremonies? Start saving now!

From the BBC website.

"On Friday, further tickets for the opening and closing ceremonies and six sports will go on sale.

Ceremony tickets start from £995. Tickets for the other sports - athletics, swimming, football at Wembley, volleyball, table tennis and boxing - range from £20 to £720, across 96 sessions."

:-\

Reinardina

So glad I'm not in the least interested!

Wished we never 'won' the Olympics; there seems to be no escape.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on June 07, 2012, 08:17:11 AM
Fancy a trip to the Olympics?

Nope, and I don't fancy it taking over my TV screen for 2 wks either.  >:( Time to catch up on my reading.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Quote from: spinner on June 07, 2012, 03:38:19 PM
Quote from: ABERS on June 07, 2012, 08:17:11 AM
Fancy a trip to the Olympics?

Nope, and I don't fancy it taking over my TV screen for 2 wks either.  >:( Time to catch up on my reading.

Couldn't agree more. Luckily I still have 4 books from A Song of Ice and Fire and to get through, not to mention a couple of Jules Verne and a Cormack McCarthy . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

The whole thing is starting to annoy me already. O2 having to change their name for a bit because BT have the sponsor rights, the world number 1 for GB Taekwondo not being in the team through some selection bias, charging for areas that were stated to be free initially, charging such high prices, lousy ticketing systems and the overall cost when people are losing their jobs and livelihoods daily. In a moment of madness I bought my one cheap ticket to watch some nonentities playing football at my beloved St James` Park in August (no not the Sports Direct Arena! >:() Wish I had not bothered really. No doubt I`l look in on the odd event on TV but guessing i`ll be bored with it all within a day or two.

Graham

Have I missed something?...Olympics....Where..when!?  :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

What bemused me, is to see how many views (well ... eight to be precise) my entry for the competition has had.

Is it the title, the 'leggy blonde' bit, or the obvious symbolism?

Any psychiatrists among us?

Edit: It's not my competition entry anymore; I changed my mind.

Mick

Since I installed the antispammer system about a year ago, it says,

"51362 Spammers blocked up until today"

Hope they were all spammers, lol...
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

jinky

A new record set - more than 3 weeks for me to find number 5 camera  spare battery and my case with 4 CF cards I did not need on holiday in Venice. Seems I stash things like these and credit cards etc in safe places when i go on holiday and format my brain before I get back meaning I have no clue where I left them! Damn that secret little zipper compartment on one of my bags I always forget it has! ::)

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on June 08, 2012, 11:23:56 AM
A new record set - more than 3 weeks for me to find number 5 camera  spare battery and my case with 4 CF cards I did not need on holiday in Venice. Seems I stash things like these and credit cards etc in safe places when i go on holiday and format my brain before I get back meaning I have no clue where I left them! Damn that secret little zipper compartment on one of my bags I always forget it has! ::)

You're in good company Paul. Both my husband and my best (male) friend, suffer the same form of memory loss. It hasn't happened to me yet. Or maybe I've forgotten all about it.

Hinfrance

Canon have launched a DSLR with a touchscreen. Presumably it is nose operated  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 08, 2012, 03:03:46 PM
Canon have launched a DSLR with a touchscreen. Presumably it is nose operated  :legit:

Yes I thought that too ???

Hinfrance

My telly is playing up. There seem to be lots overpaid men running randomly around chasing plastic balls on most of the channels for some strange reason.

Is it something to do with the 'lympics?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

On our recent break, hubby couldn't 'work' the telly. Bliss!

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on June 08, 2012, 09:38:15 PM
On our recent break, hubby couldn't 'work' the telly. Bliss!

My wife used to always tell me off for testing  the TV as my first action on arriving in any hotel room. Once we were staying in a standard room at a swanky hotel and I found that the aerial was faulty with wiring loose which I could not fix with my penknife. Mentioned it at reception and whilst we were at dinner they moved us to the best four poster room in the whole hotel that would have been three times the cost and gave us a free bottle of wine with dinner. She never says anything now when I jokingly check the TV works - shame is it has never happened again. have to get the pen knife out I guess  ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.