• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
  • Baidu (2)
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Just seen this on the Grey's of Westminister website.  :o

6mm f/2.8 Fisheye-Nikkor
EXCEPTIONAL - NEAR NEW AND ULTRA RARE! Nikon stunned the photographic world at Photokina in 1970 by introducing a 220 º fisheye Nikkor with an astonishing speed of f/2.8. It is the world's most extreme wide-angle lens to cover of the 24 x 36mm image area (at the time) with a massive glass dome which dwarfs the camera attached. The 6mm is for scientific and industrial applications and special effects when shooting portraits, architecture and interiors, etc. Lens production began in March 1972 and was only made available to special order. 6mm f/2.8 Fisheye-Nikkor lens serial no. 628024, Lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups, Picture angle: 220º , Diaphragm: Automatic, Aperture scale: f/2.8-f/22 on both standard and aperture-direct-readout scales, Weight: 5200g, Dimensions: 236mm dia. x 171mm long (overall); 160mm extension from lens flange, Distance scale: graduated in metres and feet from 0.25m (0.9ft) to infinity (?), Filters: built-in skylight (L1BC), medium yellow (Y48), deep yellow (Y52), orange (O56), and red (R60) Front lens cap: Slip-on, delivered in a rugged metal case.

MINT- £100000.00

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on April 14, 2012, 10:10:58 PM

6mm f/2.8 Fisheye-Nikkor
EXCEPTIONAL - NEAR NEW AND ULTRA RARE! Nikon stunned the photographic world at Photokina in 1970 by introducing a 220 º fisheye Nikkor with an astonishing speed of f/2.8. It is the world's most extreme wide-angle lens to cover of the 24 x 36mm image area (at the time) with a massive glass dome which dwarfs the camera attached. The 6mm is for scientific and industrial applications and special effects when shooting portraits, architecture and interiors, etc. Lens production began in March 1972 and was only made available to special order. 6mm f/2.8 Fisheye-Nikkor lens serial no. 628024, Lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups, Picture angle: 220º , Diaphragm: Automatic, Aperture scale: f/2.8-f/22 on both standard and aperture-direct-readout scales, Weight: 5200g, Dimensions: 236mm dia. x 171mm long (overall); 160mm extension from lens flange, Distance scale: graduated in metres and feet from 0.25m (0.9ft) to infinity (?), Filters: built-in skylight (L1BC), medium yellow (Y48), deep yellow (Y52), orange (O56), and red (R60) Front lens cap: Slip-on, delivered in a rugged metal case.

MINT- £100000.00

Add to basket? :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

John Doyle2

Yep, those filters are damn expensive! :D

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: Graham on April 15, 2012, 09:19:07 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on April 14, 2012, 10:10:58 PM

6mm f/2.8 Fisheye-Nikkor

MINT- £100000.00

Add to basket? :)
Just pocket  money for Oldboy that.   :tup: :dance:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

ABERS

Young David Cameron on the news volunteering to fly Abu Qatarda to Jordan himself. Going by past and recent government ballsups  they'd problably land in Jamaica by mistake!  :uglystupid2:

irv_b

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

spinner

Was doing a google images search for 'server' wallpaper and among the images returned was one of Selena Gomez. What???
:o :o
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

WBMT. Yesterday as a matter of fact.

It's strange that when anyone finds out that you have an interest in photography they insist on latching on to you and showing you streams of pictures of their family, pets, where they went on holiday last year, their mates holding up glasses of beer at someones birthday bash, the risque mooning shot that that rascal Jimmy is prone to and think is hilarious, and most of all sunset and sunrise shots from the back and front bedroom windows.

I attended a funeral of an aged relative of my wife yesterday and at the wake this chap who was her cousin some twice or thrice removed came up to me with his 'phone on which he had a long stream of pictures as listed above and which he insisted I look at, "since I was into photography".

Why is it that as soon as someone has the facility to record an image they suddenly see themselves as the next David Bailey and proceed to bore the pants off everyone, especially those that 'have an interest in photography'.

Not wanting to curb his enthusiasm, or cause a scene at the wake, I made my excuses after twenty or so minutes by pointing out that I had an urgent appointment with my optician for an acupuncture session, which by now, I was really looking forward to, oh! and by the way Uncle Bert was a bit of a photographer too, that's him over there, I'm sure he'll enjoy your portfolio. :)

I'm expecting a phone call from Bert anytime now. ;D

Graham

"I had an urgent appointment with my optician for an acupuncture session"

Thanks Alan, Ive stolen than and am going to claim it as my own!  :tup:

Anyway, WBMT?

I was photographing a band last night (Blowzabella.), and in the interval in the backstage area*, I, a none French speaking Englishman, had the finer details of the workings of the Hurdy Gurdy explained to me by it's owner, a non English speaking Frenchman.
                            Graham. :doh:

* This is an area reserved for high flying Rock & Rollers such as myself!  :D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Before I look, will it fit in my pocket? :idea:
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on May 02, 2012, 05:04:14 PM

It depends how big you pocket is!  :P

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on May 02, 2012, 07:35:47 PM
Quote from: spinner on May 02, 2012, 05:04:14 PM

It depends how big you pocket is!  :P

Unless the fella standing beside the lens is a lilliputian, I'd go with NO.
Ol' blue eyes

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.