• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Baidu (2)
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff I

I break up today for the Christmas break I find it very amusing no work for 13 days.  :beer:

spinner

WBTD? It's mild, foggy and raining here in my corner of the Great White North. Still Great, Still North, not so white. Unseasonably mild I believe is the term. Why does it bemuse me? Brought back the only memory I have of Clydebank when I was a child.  :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

bones615

They come in three's. Wife called to say she had a flat 15 miles away & could i ring the RAC. I said don't worry i'll leave off early to come and rescue you. Got to within 200yrds and my bike died. Rung off the wheel wrench trying to fix the car & had to call the RAC for 2 breakdowns. Car fixed quickly, bike has fried the electrics somewhere and had to come home on a tow truck. Lastly, best part of 4 hrs at the roadside & my lighter ran out of gas.

On the up side I got my moneys worth out of the RAC who were very good but strangely sent 2 vans, one for each breakdown.

Wonder if i will be allowed to spend this weekend tinkering in the garage?

Simon

Oldboy

Watching the Skaters at Lightwoods Park, Bearwood today.  :P

Going....

Going.....

....Gone.  :-[

Click for bigger sizes.

ABERS

Visited the new PR forum site to see what had been changed. Apart from the fact it's now blue and the word spacing is wider, I can't see much different.

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on December 23, 2011, 08:58:41 AM
Visited the new PR forum site to see what had been changed. Apart from the fact it's now blue and the word spacing is wider, I can't see much different.

Alan, quite a bit has changed actually, but not sure if it's for the better TBH.  On the plus side they now have navigation from the main menu, which was missing from the old one.  But the gallery is even more of a nightmare.  Looks like each user sets up a category(s) to use as their own albums, but there's permissions that allow others to post in your albums, this is set to allow by default.  Unless they sort this soon it's going to turn into a right mess.  ::)  :doh:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

spinner

I only ever posted one pic after the change over from DCM as I found the gallery a bit clunky, but if this is what PR future holds for galleries changing them up every couple of years and loosing everything in the doing, I won't be posting any to the new site.  >:(
Ol' blue eyes

greypoint

There are times when you just have to wonder that there are people lacking in the most basic common sense who manage to actually function. Facebook offers a marketplace for the buying and selling of all sorts of things including puppies. This has attracted a band of scammers, I assume from overseas judging by their English skills. They typically pick currently popular and often expensive breeds and advertise them at very low prices - a Pug would normally be no less than £800ish a French Bulldog £1000 plus - the scammers have them for under £200. The 'breeder' when emailed will tell you they are on the Isle of Skye or some other far flung part of the UK and the puppy will have to be couriered to you - after you've paid of course. There are people who scan these ads and write SCAM in large letters under them and other warnings but days after they have done this there are still idiots asking 'do you have any of these puppies left?' 'how can I buy one?' leaving their phone numbers for contact by the 'seller' . I suppose it's true there's one born every minute!  :uglystupid2:

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on December 25, 2011, 12:03:38 AM
There are times when you just have to wonder that there are people lacking in the most basic common sense who manage to actually function. Facebook offers a marketplace for the buying and selling of all sorts of things including puppies. This has attracted a band of scammers, I assume from overseas judging by their English skills. They typically pick currently popular and often expensive breeds and advertise them at very low prices - a Pug would normally be no less than £800ish a French Bulldog £1000 plus - the scammers have them for under £200. The 'breeder' when emailed will tell you they are on the Isle of Skye or some other far flung part of the UK and the puppy will have to be couriered to you - after you've paid of course. There are people who scan these ads and write SCAM in large letters under them and other warnings but days after they have done this there are still idiots asking 'do you have any of these puppies left?' 'how can I buy one?' leaving their phone numbers for contact by the 'seller' . I suppose it's true there's one born every minute!  :uglystupid2:

A Bulldog for under £200?  :o Have you still got the contact details?  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

Geoff I

Thought I got our Yorkshire terrier for a bargain at £400, but to courier a dog I just can not imagine it in a Royal mail parcel.

On another note is Facebook not policed?

greypoint

I think the policing on facebook does'nt work well on any level. 

http://apps.facebook.com/marketplace/sale/pet/dog/-/-/gbr:en:lnd:london/+country/?cm_mmc=adparlor_pd-_-adparlor-_-dogs-_-dogs

they don 't even bother to stick to the same address - but still there are people seemingly idiotic enough to reply!

picsfor

WBMT? Technology...

A short while ago we got a Blu-Ray player, and for Xmas i got the complete collection of Harry Potter films - i don't care, say what you want  :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Anyway, today i finally got round to watching the first one as shown on Blu Ray on full HD, and comparing it with how it looked at the cinema, expecting a really great picture.

I got a really great picture, but what i got was just how good HD on Blu Ray actually is.

The special effects look almost cardboard-ish compared with when i saw the film on its release at the cinema.
My best comparison would be like those episodes of Doctor Who with John Pertwee as the Doctor, in the 70's, and then watching them side by side with an episode of Dr Who with David Tennant or Matt Smith as the doctor.

I'm gonna say something i never thought i'd get to say but...

I think i'm getting old when i'm impressed that technology has adanced sooooooo much in just a decade  :-X :-X

Alfonso_Frisk

I bought the wife the DVD box set of HP for xmas.
Went to test it and found that they had sent me the blu ray version, but we don't have a blu ray player :-[
Ive been thinking of buying one for a while then wifey says " lets get a blu ray player instead of sending the box set back. my treat" ;D

"Go on then" I replied ;) ;) so off she pooped to to the retail park and got a Panasonic half price in the sales :tup:
Agreed the quality difference is amazing so tomorrow its a web browse for some bargains on films etc ;D ;D
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

spinner

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 27, 2011, 12:27:28 AM
I bought the wife the DVD box set of HP for xmas.
Went to test it and found that they had sent me the blu ray version, but we don't have a blu ray player :-[
Ive been thinking of buying one for a while then wifey says " lets get a blu ray player instead of sending the box set back. my treat" ;D

"Go on then" I replied ;) ;) so off she pooped to to the retail park and got a Panasonic half price in the sales :tup:
Agreed the quality difference is amazing so tomorrow its a web browse for some bargains on films etc ;D ;D

Maybe it's because it's HP? Or a box set? I got Cowyboys & Aliens for Christmas & it's got a BluRay, a regular DVD and a "digital " copy to play on my iPad. All in one box.
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

The contrast between the number of shoppers on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day is shown in these two photographs. Christmas Eve only a few shoppers about and not many with bags. Boxing Day it was packed and most had bags of shopping. What I find strange is most of the stores had the same prices before Christmas, and some like Millets, had bigger discounts two weeks before Christmas than they did Boxing Day.  :doh:

Christmas Eve New Street, Birmingham.

Boxing Day New Street, Birmingham.

Click for bigger size.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.