• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
  • Google (2)
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 17, 2011, 10:55:11 AM
Need my eyes tested. Obviously. I'm the only driver on the road who can't see through fog . .

You're not Superman then, as he has X-ray vision!  :P

anglefire

Bulb blew in the fridge the other day (Monday) - took it out, all black, fridge still cold. Note to self, buy new bulb.

Come home get up Wednesday morning, open the fridge, funny smell, take out milk - doesn't feel right - bit warm. Check the plug (In cupboard next to the fridge, and SWMBO when packing the shopping on the Monday, must have knocked the switch - turned switch on, put the bulb back in and worked fine.  :doh:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

spinner

Quote from: anglefire on November 17, 2011, 09:46:24 PM
Bulb blew in the fridge the other day (Monday) - took it out, all black, fridge still cold. Note to self, buy new bulb.

Come home get up Wednesday morning, open the fridge, funny smell, take out milk - doesn't feel right - bit warm. Check the plug (In cupboard next to the fridge, and SWMBO when packing the shopping on the Monday, must have knocked the switch - turned switch on, put the bulb back in and worked fine.  :doh:

Had a similar experience last week, pulled out a beer and it wasn't warm, but it wasn't cold either. Unfortunately it wasn't a switch, fridge is done. Freezer bit worked great. Upside was, our local electric has a deal on, they'll take an old 'working' fridge away for free. Thank goodness for the freezer part.  :)

So, that's my fridge died, my plumbing leaked behind the wall....bad things come in threes?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Quote from: spinner on November 23, 2011, 03:35:39 PM
Quote from: anglefire on November 17, 2011, 09:46:24 PM

Had a similar experience last week, pulled out a beer and it wasn't warm, but it wasn't cold either. Unfortunately it wasn't a switch, fridge is done. Freezer bit worked great. Upside was, our local electric has a deal on, they'll take an old 'working' fridge away for free. Thank goodness for the freezer part.  :)

So, that's my fridge died, my plumbing leaked behind the wall....bad things come in threes?

Would it be insensitive of us to run a book on what your third thing will be? :legit:
                 Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

greypoint

I was looking up the exif data on some pictures I took last winter with my K-5 to do some low light comparisons. According to the info the pictures were taken with a Sigma 10-20mm....a lens I have never owned  :o

bones615

WBMT
Kitchen shopping, last week we had the man round from B&Q  - £4500 units only (flat pack, kitchen only 11x9) including his 50% off deal which i thought was pricey until we went to wickes who started at £14k reduced to £6200 for a flat pack kitchen, he very generously offered us a half price electrolux washing machine at £450, £900 starting price????. They must think I was born yesterday.
For a little less than B&Q I can get made up units delivered from a company we found on the net, cant find any bad reviews so they are looking favourite at the moment.

Forgive my not very manly interest in kitchens but I get a new camera out of it - if theres any money left.

Simon

Reinardina

Quote from: bones615 on November 25, 2011, 07:02:59 PM
WBMT
Kitchen shopping, last week we had the man round from B&Q  - £4500 units only (flat pack, kitchen only 11x9) including his 50% off deal which i thought was pricey until we went to wickes who started at £14k reduced to £6200 for a flat pack kitchen, he very generously offered us a half price electrolux washing machine at £450, £900 starting price????. They must think I was born yesterday.
For a little less than B&Q I can get made up units delivered from a company we found on the net, cant find any bad reviews so they are looking favourite at the moment.

Forgive my not very manly interest in kitchens but I get a new camera out of it - if theres any money left.

Simon

Interesting. We are in desperate need of a new kitchen; we are 'just' waiting for my mother's house in Holland to be sold. Ha ha!
By the time we have reduced the price far enough to sell it, the kitchens, even flatpack, will be so expensive we won't be able to afford them!

Has anyone tried local tradesmen? Carpenters. joiners etc? To 'knock something up,' or whatever the expression is.

That's one of the areas I want to look into, but not before the house is sold.
Thank goodness, we only have a tiny kitchen.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

I finally succumbed to the purchase of a smartphone. My faithful 12 year old Nokia finally started to behave erratically so I had to get a replacement.

Not being made of money, and frankly finding the Jesus Phone and its imitators rather too garish, large and expensive for my tastes, I found an Acer Liquid Mini in the supermarket for £110. So I got it.

Initial thoughts are that it works OK as a 'phone, the camera is rubbish, not that I care, and that it in no way is as usable as a mobile device as my old PDA running Windows Mobile.  The reasons for this opinion are principally that the touch screen cannot be operated with a stylus, there are no word processing, spreadsheet or database functions* built in (other than 'contacts'), but mostly the fact that Google have aped Apple's idiotic *rse over elbow method for scrolling pages from top to bottom. I'll explain.

When you read a book, and perhaps you chose to mark the position of the line you are on with your finger, should you then move to the line below you move your finger down the page; relative to you the content on the page moves upwards. On the smartphone you have to move your finger upwards to scroll down the page. Idiotic, and, of course, not only completely opposite to the way you move your hand relative to a solid object like a book or newspaper, but also opposite to the way that the scroll bars on your 'real' computer work.

*yeah, I know I can get them from Android market, but I'm lazy. And it doesn't solve the stylus issue.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

WBMT

Simon

Yep, my daughter is doing the same thing. They quoted her £2500 - and she said "OK, let me get some more quotes". 3 days later, they rang back with a Black Friday offer of £1500 in a once in a life time deal. She responded with - "if you drop to £1000 you'll have a once in a lifetime acceptance". the phone went dead!
My daughter makes me so proud at times like that  :dance:

nickt

Quote from: Reinardina on November 25, 2011, 07:24:50 PM
WBMT

Simon

Interesting. We are in desperate need of a new kitchen; we are 'just' waiting for my mother's house in Holland to be sold. Ha ha!
By the time we have reduced the price far enough to sell it, the kitchens, even flatpack, will be so expensive we won't be able to afford them!

Has anyone tried local tradesmen? Carpenters. joiners etc? To 'knock something up,' or whatever the expression is.

That's one of the areas I want to look into, but not before the house is sold.
Thank goodness, we only have a tiny kitchen.
IKEA kitchens aren't bad.

Alfonso_Frisk

Do you have a Howdens near you? Just had mine fitted and bought my gear from them and used a local kitchen fitter to do the work.
Howdens dont strictly sell to the public but will have numbers for independent fitters who can have the order added to their accounts. They will also come and do your design and pricing FOC
Well pleased with the gear I bought and no hard sell.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

bones615

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on November 26, 2011, 10:10:54 PM
Do you have a Howdens near you? Just had mine fitted and bought my gear from them and used a local kitchen fitter to do the work.
Howdens dont strictly sell to the public but will have numbers for independent fitters who can have the order added to their accounts. They will also come and do your design and pricing FOC

Yes we have & a friend with an account, but nothing in there takes the bosses fancy.
Its really frustrating because I know what i want but most places want you to see thier planner/salesperson before you can get a price & I cant be doing with all the BS. Its not going to happen until after christmas so plenty of time to shop around.

Simon

Reinardina

Quote from: bones615 on November 26, 2011, 11:19:17 PM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on November 26, 2011, 10:10:54 PM

Yes we have & a friend with an account, but nothing in there takes the bosses fancy.
Its really frustrating because I know what i want but most places want you to see thier planner/salesperson before you can get a price & I cant be doing with all the BS. Its not going to happen until after christmas so plenty of time to shop around.

Simon

I'll probably have to wait a few years, the way things are going!
Thank goodness hubby thinks the kitchen is 'functional,' and not in immediate danger of falling apart!

Oldboy, I have no problems with tattooed bikers. Don't see many of them, but I have been called 'love' by some of them, and that broke down their possibly threatening appearance! They may have been softened up, by my adoring glances at some of those bikes!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.