• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Baidu (2)
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfonso_Frisk

They just ban the IP or a range of IP. The IP is visible to them and the mods but not to us plebs.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

greypoint

I'm sure there must be more, but I can only think of 3 banned members - it does'nt sound sarcastic or bombastic enough to be 'Gil' ...could be 'Flake', but again it does'nt sound quite.. well sort of quite..if you see what I mean. Does'nt sound like Stan - and anyway, unless they found him recently, he's still posting occasionally having picked a name that put most people off the scent! As to the comments...well they certainly don't like it it them  :2funny: :dance: :dance:
Pretty sad forum for one with so many members - still a few helpful folk but ,weekly competition apart, not much to make you log on  :(

Jonathan

TeeHee.

For the record....it's not me (I've never technically been banned and if I had I probs wouldn't find it hard to get back in).

It would be courageous (and stupid) to ban an IP address.  For example the one I'm using right now locates somewhere in Maidstone (20 odd miles from here) and "belongs" to O2.  Tomorrow I'll have a different address and somebody else will have this one.  In theory a forum could find out who I was via IP address but they would need help from O2 (or rather evidence that I'd committed a real world offence).  In fact they probably trace via cookies etc on the machine.  I had some issues with somebody stalking my blog the other day - my web s/w could track them across the 4 IP addresses they used :)  I also had somebody attempt to download my entire site the other day - I'll be keeping a note of their address just in case ;)

WBMT?

Checked the forecast for my holiday.  On Friday I'll land in Lima.  It will be a comfortable 19 - 21 degrees.  T shirt weather for most Brits.  Maybe a pullover for evenings.  On Sunday I'll pop down to the jungle.  It will be around 35 degrees and pretty humid.  I've been in colder saunas.  Daytime dress code is "total cover up".  Really - there are lots of things that you don't want to see enough bare flesh to bite.  Then I'll be going to Cuzco where it will be maybe 17-18 degrees in the daytime though will feel cooler due to altitude - defo fleece weather.  Then climb another mile vertically to spend a couple of nights camping at a possible -2 - -5.  Try packing for that.....
It's Guest's round

greypoint

I like the suggestion that said banned member could be Abers.....and there was me thinking his internet know how was on the same level as mine ...click on and hope for the best  :D

ABERS

Quote from: greypoint on July 25, 2011, 08:49:52 PM
I like the suggestion that said banned member could be Abers.....and there was me thinking his internet know how was on the same level as mine ...click on and hope for the best  :D

Blimey, fame at last. :dance: Nobody told me. :o

Sue, I'm embarrassed to admit I had to Google 'ISP' since I had no idea what it was, but I'm pleased to know I've got one, and I shall sleep all the better for it.
As Frank Spencer used to say, "Every day in every way........." :tup:

Markulous

Quote from: Jonathan on July 25, 2011, 05:39:21 PM
It would be courageous (and stupid) to ban an IP address.  For example the one I'm using right now locates somewhere in Maidstone (20 odd miles from here) and "belongs" to O2.  Tomorrow I'll have a different address and somebody else will have this one.  In theory a forum could find out who I was via IP address but they would need help from O2 (or rather evidence that I'd committed a real world offence). 

Been there, had that done to me - start point was the desperately insecure chief Mod who couldn't take criticism (however positive - but she was too thick to see it for what it was). And no, it wasn't in the public forum but the private Mod forum! Went downhill from there!  ::)

Quote from: Jonathan on July 25, 2011, 05:39:21 PM
WBMT?

Checked the forecast for my holiday.  On Friday I'll land in Lima.  It will be a comfortable 19 - 21 degrees.  T shirt weather for most Brits.  Maybe a pullover for evenings.  On Sunday I'll pop down to the jungle.  It will be around 35 degrees and pretty humid.  I've been in colder saunas.  Daytime dress code is "total cover up".  Really - there are lots of things that you don't want to see enough bare flesh to bite.  Then I'll be going to Cuzco where it will be maybe 17-18 degrees in the daytime though will feel cooler due to altitude - defo fleece weather.  Then climb another mile vertically to spend a couple of nights camping at a possible -2 - -5.  Try packing for that.....

I'm jealous! Did Everest Basecamp a few years ago (thankfully out of season so it was quiet on the trails) - went down with AMS and brought back a cute parasite (Giardia) but had a fantastic time (no, really, it was so worth it!). Apparently, according to some documentary we flew in/out of "the most dangerous airfield in the world". Don't know about that but we did all have to clear the runway of snow on the return - not a shovel to be found so all the trekkers used upsidedown baggage carts to scrape the runway of the foot of snow. Only took a few hours (it's not a big runway!).

Have a good time!  :tup:
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Mick

I'm guessing at some point the admins will ban themselves, if they continue to ban via ip alone. 

What gets me is the amount of members with no email address, and as much as we ask the team how, or why, they never respond.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Graham

Quote from: admin on July 26, 2011, 12:01:03 AM
I'm guessing at some point the admins will ban themselves, if they continue to ban via ip alone. 

What gets me is the amount of members with no email address, and as much as we ask the team how, or why, they never respond.
It's no good.
    I'm going to have to go over and see what the hells going on!  >:(
                     Graham. ;)

I'm back. Seems to be a case of "Move along now, nothing to see here."
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

Quote from: Markulous on July 25, 2011, 11:24:31 PM
Don't know about that but we did all have to clear the runway of snow on the return - not a shovel to be found so all the trekkers used upsidedown baggage carts to scrape the runway of the foot of snow. Only took a few hours (it's not a big runway!).

Wow.  Hope that doesn't happen to me.  Although Puerto Maldonado is pretty much in the middle of nowhere apparently we're landing an A320 there.  Wouldn't want to have to lear the runway for that....
It's Guest's round

Reinardina

It's Reinardina's round

Haven't quite got used to your sense of humour. I'm a quick learner though, I'll catch up soon enough.

So, it's my round ...   and I haven't got much to say at the moment. Was going out to try and catch a 'Summertime' picture. It was summer here yesterday, but of course I was 'house bound' with household chores. Now it's grey an colourless again.  Which will mean bland skies, and I haven't yet mastered the technique to replace them. Must find a 'down to earth subject' to avoid sky!

I see the PR site is still a sore point with a lot of you. I've had my bad experiences there, and I cringe at times when I read the exchanges between my two ... don't know what to call them, whether they're favourites because they can be amusing, if you have the right sort of humour, or totally annoying, when the humour has run dry for the day.

One is asking for advice on redecorating her loo (Off topic discussion) and I 'hurt her feelings' by suggesting she only put on the thread to amuse us. Hmmm apparently she was serious! (The topic 'header' was: 'Not for the boys!!!!' or something similar. In bold typeface!)

But, that aside, I still have some good friends there, and I'm determined to win the competition before I'm ninety! (PLug Plug!)
And now that I have 'found' you, I have a place where I can hide, if it becomes too awful.

Guess what? It has just started to rain! It might have to be a typical English, wet, summertime picture!

And last but not least, can the spellchecker be adjusted? It keeps suggesting I am/should be Bernardina, but I'm sure I'm not! (I was promised I did not have to change my name on this site!)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on July 26, 2011, 08:35:00 AM
It's Reinardina's round

Haven't quite got used to your sense of humour. I'm a quick learner though, I'll catch up soon enough.

This thread might help you.  http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1868.0

Jonathan has made use of a bit of code that's all.  [size=10pt]It's [you]'s round[/size]  The you tag just echos out the name of who ever reads the post, so when I look at it, it says, "It's Admin's round"   
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

krennon

Jonathan

Have a fantastic trip (I really am envious) re  "Daytime dress code is "total cover up".  Really - there are lots of things that you don't want to see enough bare flesh to bite"  When my brother went to Peru lat year he took a tub of marmite with him, he reckoned it helped to keep some of the nasties off him as there is something in marmite they don't like, and he just had about 4 cream crackers (nice and light to carry) with marmite spread on them every morning....might be worth a shot if you eat marmite....

As for PRADAR I can't remember the last time I went on there, I couldn't even remember my log in, username or password now got sick of all the snide comments an downright bitchiness....so I am on two forums now this one and dyxum which is for all things SONY/KONICA MINOLTA etc and I am on AP's forum as well but never really go there...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Beaux Reflets

"The growth of the UK economy slowed in the second quarter, with GDP growing by 0.2%, partly as a result of the royal wedding. "

So the upbeat atmosphere and an extra day holiday bonus makes people spend less and creates a downer in the economy?! - Perhaps the economy would have been even slower, given the reliance on oil prices and the effects following the earthquake knocking Japanese trading and of course previous recessionary aspect.

So sad to see the 'blame throwing attitude' still haunts, when the economic down turn is more likely the continuing knock on effect of organisations trading debts for profit (-x+will always=-)  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

michaelb104

Well not actually today but on Sunday.

Woke up Sunday morning and the other half said she'd go down and make a coffee (well tea for me cannot stand coffee), she went to the bedroom door, pushed down the handle, pulled the door, door will not open!!  me- yeah right, stop messing around and open the door, her – no seriously I cannot open the door.  So up I get try the door and NO it will not open............................... :o

So stuck in the bedroom, no tools, no phone, no keys – eeeekkkk anyway after a lot of messing about I manage to retract the (what is that bit called that goes into the strike plate to keep the door closed) thingy enough to get the door open with a pair of nail scissors.

Later after taking the door mechanism to bits I found the bit that operates the thingy (see above) had broken.  We now no longer have the bedroom door closed at night!!
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: michaelb104 on July 26, 2011, 10:06:36 AM
Well not actually today but on Sunday.

Woke up Sunday morning and the other half said she'd go down and make a coffee (well tea for me cannot stand coffee), she went to the bedroom door, pushed down the handle, pulled the door, door will not open!!  me- yeah right, stop messing around and open the door, her – no seriously I cannot open the door.  So up I get try the door and NO it will not open............................... :o

So stuck in the bedroom, no tools, no phone, no keys – eeeekkkk anyway after a lot of messing about I manage to retract the (what is that bit called that goes into the strike plate to keep the door closed) thingy enough to get the door open with a pair of nail scissors.

Later after taking the door mechanism to bits I found the bit that operates the thingy (see above) had broken.  We now no longer have the bedroom door closed at night!!

I would change the mechanism, just in case the cat moves the slipper  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.