• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40
  • Baidu (2)
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bones615

Looks like it had been on the other girls shoulder as well!!

Oldboy

Quote from: bones615 on June 19, 2011, 09:40:39 PM
Looks like it had been on the other girls shoulder as well!!

I'm almost sure these are the two girls who, I photographed with cages on their backs containing Parrots.  :dance:

Hinfrance

Yesterday actually.

2nd 'invincible' Mac I'd seen packed up within the space of a week. The first was at the doctor's office where the screen on his Macbook had failed, the second at a neighbour's where airport on her iMac had decided to stop working - at least the latter was easy to fix once I found out using my lappie that the wifi was still OK. I only had to hit it with a hammer ;)

And I got a nice bottle of wine for my ten minutes.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Watched Countryfile last night featuring the Surrey Hills and regions adjacent. The 'Wildlife Photography' piece for the Countryfile Calender was quite amusing. Living just a mile from Bushey Park where it was based, and often using the park as a cut through, the only 'wildlife' I've noticed are motorists shouting and waving at one another queuing to get out of the park at either entrance/exit, or almost coming to blows in the parking areas when somebody nips into a vacant space that someone else had an eye on.
All the deer and ducks and assorted water fowl seem to be terribly well behaved and are quite amenable to having their pictures taken.

The only dangerous fauna are the Royal Parks Police who craftily secret themselves behind trees with speed guns, at the ready for the errant motorist exceeding the 20mph speed limit. Quite an annoying species but a nice little earner for her Maj I believe. >:(  :legit:

krennon

Whilst I am desperate for a Job....I had to draw the line at this one especially as there has been 40 applicants for it...

"Bounty Casual Photographer - Part-time - Kingston
Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey Salary Commission only Sector Customer Service - Other Customer ServiceJob Type Part timeDate 07 Jun Applications 40Job ref no 20239338Duration Maternity Cover More jobs like this More jobs from this recruiterEmail this job to a friendEmail me jobs like thisAre you looking for some flexible part-time work, are immediately available and interested in dealing with new mums and babies in hospital?  If so, please read on...

Bounty is based in over 300 hospitals around the UK, distributing free Bounty packs to new mums on the maternity wards and offering to capture their newborns first moments in a beautiful photo portrait.

We currently have an opportunity for a Casual Photographer at the Kingston Hospital, covering sickness and holiday in the team.

As maternity wards provide care for women during pregnancy and childbirth as well as for newborn infants, this role would ideally suit a person who can relate to the experience of giving birth. You will have an eye for detail, a conscientious approach and be looking for a role within a rewarding environment. You must be able to understand and be sensitive to the environment you are working in and be confident working around newborn babies.

All we ask for is previous experience within a customer service or sales/promotions environment, good computer skills, storage to stock Bounty Packs and the ability to get to the hospital.

Bounty (UK) Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer.

Due to the volume of responses we receive, we will only be contacting suitable applicants. If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please assume you have not been successful"

And note that NOWHERE does it mention any capability with a camera not even "Must be interested in photography" or on the All we ask" section...
and commission only I don't think so....it costs about £16 million punds a day to park at the hospital....think I'll give this one a miss....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Graham

Quote from: krennon on June 20, 2011, 09:09:04 AM
"this role would ideally suit a person who can relate to the experience of giving birth."
"Bounty (UK) Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer."

Mmm!  ???
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Didn't spot that Graham - excellent.

Apply for the job, and when you don't get it, sue the beggars - that's as clear a case of implied sexual discrimination as you can get.

At least the award from the tribunal will pay for a holiday.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

krennon

This is what bemused me today, although I am registered with totaljobs and I have applied for a couple of positions through them I haven't applied for this one so why they are saying "Thank you for the interest to our offer" I don't know and is that really badly worded or is that just me?
To me there is something REALLY DODGY about this, what do you guys and gals think? I can't seem to find anything online about fair trade inc....and obviously they are nothing to do with Fairtrade (ethical pay for growers in "developing worlds" such as coffee, sugar, cocoa etc) read the wage offer it seems to good to be true which in the words of That's Life and Watchdog "if it seems to good to be true then it probably is".....so don't think I'll be replying to this one somehow....

Good day!

Thank you for the interest to our offer!

Our company currently seeking Customer Service Representative to join our team.

Employee Type: Part-Time Employee

The major duty of the incumbent is to promptly receive and process stockbrokers payments to further transfer them applying specified method. Please inquire for detailed work scheme.

Requirements:
- Expert skill in managing payments and transfers between our company and clients.
- Knowledge of basic payment systems.
- Ability to schedule working hours effectively.
- Availability of spare time (3-4 hours per day).
- Advanced user ability to operate computer and to use Internet and e-mail.
- Legal age.

Payment basis: During the trial period you will be paid 1500 GBP per month. You will also be keeping 5% commission as bonus from every payment received from a client.
With the current volume of clients on average your overall income will add up to 3000 GBP per month. After the trial period your base salary will go up to 2000 GBP per month, plus 8% commission (11% for financial agents with corporate bank account).

Benefits:
- Flexible work schedule.
- Possibility to combine the job with primary employment.
- Free training course.

If you would like to apply to this vacancy and inquire more detailed information, please reply email to our Customer Service Representatives Manager.

Thank you!

Lyn Fair Trade Inc.

Jonathan

Quote from: krennon on June 20, 2011, 09:09:04 AM
Whilst I am desperate for a Job....I had to draw the line at this one especially as there has been 40 applicants for it...

"Bounty Casual Photographer - Part-time - Kingston

I worked for Bounty for a while.  They actually headhunted me and a girl from Tunbridge Wells to cover all of Kent (and bits of Sussex and Essex) for nursery photography.  We had to go to their "training" course.  It was an utter joke.  Most of the other people there (who had actually applied) were totally clueless.  In fact most had just rolled off photography courses and hardly knew which way up to hold a camera.

The 2 of us skived off, drank free coffee and asked tricky questions about VAT while everyone else asked "err how do I make those big lights go flash?".  Then we carved up Kent between us.  Crap pay but I got (1) a CRB check (2) a list of disgruntled nurseries (3) paid to learn how to photograph babies (4) a massive portfolio

If you want to get into perinatal/baby photography that would actually be a good start.  As long as it doesn't stop you doing anything useful.
It's Guest's round

krennon

Jonathan thanks for the info, I suppose it is something to consider to build up a portfolio in a way I hadn't thought of and I can actually get a bus pretty much door to door which a/ cuts out petrol money b/ cuts out parking fees..will definately consider it if nothing comes my way soon just curious about how come the ad doesn't mention any actual photographic capability at all....

Think I may have found Fair Trade Inc....looks highly dodgy to me see below....(one day I'll get round to trying that HERE thing that y'all do)

http://www.fairtradeincorp.com/careers.html

Graham

Quote from: krennon on June 21, 2011, 10:13:54 PM
Jonathan thanks for the info, I suppose it is something to consider to build up a portfolio in a way I hadn't thought of and I can actually get a bus pretty much door to door which a/ cuts out petrol money b/ cuts out parking fees..will definately consider it if nothing comes my way soon just curious about how come the ad doesn't mention any actual photographic capability at all....

Think I may have found Fair Trade Inc....looks highly dodgy to me see below....(one day I'll get round to trying that HERE thing that y'all do)

http://www.fairtradeincorp.com/careers.html

Just had a look at that link keith.
    It it "dodgy"?...no idea.
    Looks very cheap, full of nonsence management buzz words (some of them I actually laughed at!).
    I copy and pasted some of their client list into Google. Everyone I tried came up with "Did you mean", and offerd an alternative spelling (Of a company that probably exists?).
    In most cases the first listing was Fair Trade themselves.
             All the best with the search, but I would be trying more traditional routes.
                          Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 20, 2011, 07:46:58 PM
Didn't spot that Graham - excellent.

Apply for the job, and when you don't get it, sue the beggars - that's as clear a case of implied sexual discrimination as you can get.

At least the award from the tribunal will pay for a holiday.

No implied sexism there for me H  ???
I can relate to the experience of giving birth having been at both of our productions. One of the most painful experiences ever the first one - first my wife threw an orange at me , hitting me very hard, for listening to the football on the radio I had taken in to entertain her in the long wait. Then even more painful as she struggled with a few tummy pains she inadvertently grabbed my chest for support catching my left  nipple in an excruciating pinching hold that brought the tears to my eyes. She was oblivious to my agony because of her own mild discomfort and it seemed to go on forever.If I stated the above in interviews I am sure they could not discount the experience  ;)

krennon

Graham I have no intention of applying to Fair Trade for a position it seems a bit to dodgy and wasn't even a job I applied for I've checked my outbox for my jobsearch to produce to the jobcentre tomorrow when I go to sign on and this company definately isn't on my applied for list, think they just plucked my details from Totaljobs as I've got my CV as Open to all on there.....

Jinky.......that somehow reminds me of the scene in FRIENDS when "Rachel" is giving birth and she headbutts "Ross" and "Ross" then says "You have no idea how much this hurts".....

But really "Then even more painful as she struggled with a few tummy pains" a few "tummy pains" boy I hope she never reads that, otherwise I can see your other nipple going the same way as the first....that or she might aim a little further south.... and the chances of her suffering any more "tummy pains" will be seriously diminished......;)

hevans

Interesting whois result for fairtradeincorp.com, it points to privacyprotect.org, which is in Australia.

PRIVACYPROTECT.ORG is providing privacy protection services to this domain name                                                          to
protect the owner from spam and phishing attacks. PrivacyProtect.org is not
responsible for any of the activities associated with this domain name. If you w                                                         ish
to report any abuse concerning the usage of this domain name, you may do so at
http://privacyprotect.org/contact. We have a stringent abuse policy and any
complaint will be actioned within a short period of time.

a whois of the IP number resolved by www.fairtradeincorp.com returns gigenet.com, (probably their provider) which is in Illinois, USA.

Of course none of this makes it dodgy, but makes me suspicious.

That and the contact page provides an address in Mumbai.

Best of luck with the job search.

Oh, and my wife had a caesarian for both kids. She got the morphine epidural and the post partum depression, I got the pain. Swings and roundabouts.

H.

jinky

Quote from: krennon on June 22, 2011, 07:27:06 AM
Graham I have no intention of applying to Fair Trade for a position it seems a bit to dodgy and wasn't even a job I applied for I've checked my outbox for my jobsearch to produce to the jobcentre tomorrow when I go to sign on and this company definately isn't on my applied for list, think they just plucked my details from Totaljobs as I've got my CV as Open to all on there.....

Jinky.......that somehow reminds me of the scene in FRIENDS when "Rachel" is giving birth and she headbutts "Ross" and "Ross" then says "You have no idea how much this hurts".....

But really "Then even more painful as she struggled with a few tummy pains" a few "tummy pains" boy I hope she never reads that, otherwise I can see your other nipple going the same way as the first....that or she might aim a little further south.... and the chances of her suffering any more "tummy pains" will be seriously diminished......;)

:) It was all a little tongue in cheek - this story always comes out when the pains of childbirth are discussed and I always refer to her "few tummy pains" in comparison to my agony  ;). She knows I am kidding and know the reality. Any more tummy pains would come as a great shock at this time and I would want to put Jackson Brodie( cracking Case Histories TV series)  on the case as my share of the pain after our second was the cruellest cut of all!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.