• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rksmith51

Quote from: Eileen on July 29, 2010, 07:44:42 AM
Quote from: rksmith51 on July 28, 2010, 10:29:17 PM
If one ND4 reduces by 3 stops, why does adding another not make it 6 stops  :-\  :legit:

Because each stop is twice/half as much light as the one on either side? So if you add one more filter you double its effect, adding one stop. Two more would add another, and so on.

Now your just messing with my head  :D , I'm a simple chap so must go and find some simpler way  to visualise that, but thanks for trying tohelp.

Bob.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Graham

Quote from: Jonathan on July 30, 2010, 01:43:56 PM
Just booked a wedding.  For, err, Sunday.  43 hours from now.  (That's a new record for me BTW)

It's a Sikh wedding with only about 300 people there.  There will be 2 teams of photographers plus probably 3 videographers all covering proceedings.  Plus, err, me.  I've been hired to give a "creative spin" on the day.  Haven't met anybody from either family and haven't spoken to either bride or groom.  I don't even know their names....

This could be interesting.

Sounds like the ideal gig to me. Seems like you've been employed to go and have fun! :tup:
                                         Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

Some of you may remember a couple of months ago or so I posted about getting a call purporting to be from Microsoft telling me my computer was infected with a virus.....a telephone version of a 419 scam.....Well today at work it got more ridiculous.....We got a fax version of a 419 allegedly from the son of the ousted ruler of an African nation, apparently he has 60 million USD that is currently locked away in a bank account somewhere and he wanted our company bank account details to be able to transfer the money into and of course we as a company would get a hefty slice of the 60million USD......incredible really....I mean do people really fall for this crap.....if they do then more fool them.....

If you get a phone call e-mail or fax requesting assistance from someone to help unlock an unimaginable sum of money then ignore it 'cos it's a scam and it's  :spam:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on July 30, 2010, 10:11:18 PM
I mean do people really fall for this crap.

Sadly they do, as greed clouds common sense.  :'(

Alfonso_Frisk

According to my in box this month I am self employed and doing a roaring trade selling little blue pills  >:(   :spam:

I'm getting emails from myself telling me so, and even offering to sell some of the blue pills to myself  :doh: :doh:

Hope the wife and tax man dont find out  :2funny:

RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

rksmith51

The old saying, "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is" is so much more relevant these days, I'm amazed at some of the stories\methods the schemers invent and so sad for the few that fall prey to their bogus deals.

Thanks for reminding us Krennon.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

ABERS

Read an article in yesterday's Observer, apparently photographic Self Portraits are making a come back, with photographers trying to portray their inner selves and conceptualise how they view things as far as they are concerned. Well at least that's what I think it said, it contained so much Bullsh*t about self expression etc.

Haven't we on all the forums we contribute to jumped the gun here. Don't we call them Avatars? 8)

Graham

your absolutly right Alan.
                                      When I took my "SP" I was trying to conceptualise my inner feelings towards photography and life in general.
                                                                               Graham. :D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

anglefire

Mines just a picture of me!

On another forum I frequent, its a picture of my car :)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

ABERS

Quote from: anglefire on August 09, 2010, 05:46:20 PM
Mines just a picture of me!

On another forum I frequent, its a picture of my car :)

Ah yes, a bad case of schiz-car-phrenia! :legit:

Hybridphotog

What's bemused me?

Adobe and their bloody format lock. CS3 won't recognise Canon 50D RAW files... so I'll have to update to CS...whatever. Yet, CS3 is the best version that will install on my PC... I can't install any newer.

Sure, Lightroom 3 will load the files, but that runs like treacle on my aging 2GHz processor. I click a function, then sit back and watch the ensuing slideshow. Lightroom 3 is confusing enough, without having to sit and wait for it to respond.

Jonathan

Quote from: Hybridphotog on August 09, 2010, 07:17:26 PM
Adobe and their bloody format lock. CS3 won't recognise Canon 50D RAW files...

Um, you know that's actually Canon's fault, right?  There's absolutely no reason for them to change the format for the 50D and yet they (and Nikon) always do.
It's Guest's round

anglefire

Either get the standalone Adobe converter to DNG, and then import that into CS3 - or use Breezesystems Downloader Pro, and use the option that converts to DNG as it imports the raw files. http://www.breezesys.com/products.htm

The latter will cost $30 - and you will still need the latest DNG converter - but it does save a step.

And is Windows only.

I've used Downloaded pro for years and find it works for me!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Oh, Jonathan, I'm sure that Canon/Nikon/Whom ever, will tell you that there is a difference with the latest model.

And it had to be changed because they added feature X,Y or Z. :)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Quote from: anglefire on August 09, 2010, 07:42:34 PM
Oh, Jonathan, I'm sure that Canon/Nikon/Whom ever, will tell you that there is a difference with the latest model.

And it had to be changed because they added feature X,Y or Z. :)

Not if they used an extensible format.  Create a proper file format and "old" software could read the file adequately and new software could get the best out of it.  That's pretty much how XML works.  And DNG ;)
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.