• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
  • Baidu (2)
millets
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on April 24, 2010, 08:22:44 AM
The Photo Call!

I suppose there is always the possibility of some major gaffe occurring or hopefully one of them losing it completely but what a bore for the photographers involved.

Alan, I think you've hi the nail squarely on the head, I think they go there and take a million rapid fire shots in the hope that one of them will catch a flicker of an expression that makes the candidate look, demonic, loonie or like a drooling idiot so they can throw it up later when or if the candidate makes a comment that matches. I've often seen these poses and wondered, now how was the photog able to catch that fine expression, when I read your comment the light came on!! ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Watch your camera gear as you never know when a thief will strike!  :'(

nickt

My son's team played the Middlesex cup final today and unfortunately lost.....by 1 point. This is their 4th cup final in as many years and we thought this was going to be the one. I left him and his mates at the club house drinking copious amounts of alcohol.

anglefire

Put my Defender on Ebay last night - and within minutes had about 3 questions, including offers of cash for a sale - with the best will in the world, when its only just got on, who is going to take up that offer - unless its silly money - and it wasn't - well not in a good way anyway!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

I don't often do this but this was such a clear example that I have a short rant on wedding photographers for you...

It's widely accepted that the last thing any bride wants to see on her wedding day is another bride.  They may be wearing the same dress!  Even if they aren't then there's a natural temptation to compare and  the bride absolutely has to look the best on her wedding day.  On the rare occasions I've worked at a venue where there was more than one wedding I've been careful to make sure that our paths don't cross.  It's a little rude and pretty heartless to even think of letting them see each other.

It ain't hard - quick chat with the venue about locations and times and you're fine.

So on Friday, I was shooting bridal fashion on location at a hotel.  We knew there was a wedding going on and were given clear instructions on where to be and when.  No worries.  We even took the short straw by choosing to shoot in full sun in the early afternoon (hey a 'blad an lighting crew can cope with that)  ;)

I was somewhat surprised then to see the photographer from the wedding lead b&g down the avenue towards us with some kind of Canon with on camera flash and no clear plan for dealing with the horrific sun.

I'm not going to comment on "his" bride.  But we had
1. amazing model from a top London agency
2. styling team including fashion editor of a top end magazine, award winning make up artists and 2 hairdressers who style for celebs
3. An unreleased dress from a designer's 2011 collection that's going to blow people away when they see it
4. BTS video crew
5. Lighting team and bald guy with sunburn with a h-u-g-e camera

Seriously, why would you bring your clients into that scene?
It's Guest's round

ABERS

Quote from: Jonathan on April 26, 2010, 09:50:01 AM

Seriously, why would you bring your clients into that scene?

Perhaps he wasn't a 'pro, I suppose even the most modest of wedding photographers have to start somewhere. Let's hope the poor bloke wasn't overawed by it all. ::)

picsfor

Maybe the photographer was all they could afford after spending out on the rest of the wedding?
Could've been 'a friend' doing a favour or getting experience.

Either way, the 'wedding tog' certainly let down their B&G by not knowing there was some sunburned bald guy with a huge camera lurking around the hotel - with a few accessories of course.

deetus

Receiving this text message yesterday :-

"Our records indicate you may be entitled to 3750 pounds for the accident you had. To claim for free reply with YES to this msg"

What accident's this then ?  ???

Alfonso_Frisk

It might the one your about to have
if
it was sent using the  "predictive" text function.  :2funny:

I'll get me coat.  :legit:

Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

deetus

Thanks Alf, I think i'll stay in bed for a few weeks then, how many accidents can you have in bed. Please don't answer that.  :)

hevans

Quote from: deetus on April 28, 2010, 09:43:58 AM
Thanks Alf, I think i'll stay in bed for a few weeks then, how many accidents can you have in bed. Please don't answer that.  :)

A friend of mine dislocated his knee in bed. Worst of all, he was alone at the time, and asleep.

(His leg fell between the bed and the wall, then he rolled over and woke up very quickly).

H.

picsfor

The following set of pictures detail the events of my afternoon at work - and explains to suffering Sussex Commuters why their trains were all delayed or canceled!

Yes - that really is a man performing a 'hand stand on a signal gantry'

As he tried to re-position himself for greater effect, a policeman spotted a chance and managed to grab him. This shows just how difficult it was to subdue a determined man in such a confined space. I will be honest, and admit that those of us watching wondered how many people the gantry was designed to support  :o

Having been subdued, then came the question of getting him down. Thankfully, Horsham Fire Brigade had just finished polishing up their nice platform and demonstrated how versatile it was. Not sure they've ever trained for quite this scenario - but it provided an entertaining end to what was an interesting incident.

Oldboy

Well done on the action shots picsfor.  :tup:

Sandy

Story telling photos, at my club we have a competition called people at work and I have never got a decent photo to enter.

Sandy

Oldboy

Quote from: Sandy on April 29, 2010, 08:55:08 PM
Story telling photos, at my club we have a competition called people at work and I have never got a decent photo to enter.

Sandy

It's hard to get a decent photo when nobody is working!  :2funny: :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.