Outdoors - ENTRY thread -...End of an EraPoll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitPOLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDS

Author Topic: Bibble v5  (Read 791 times)

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Bibble v5
« on: January 08, 2010, 07:16:18 PM »
Following on from the thread about workflow, bibble was mentioned - so as I've not used it or thought I'd have a look.

Now, I've not used it in anger and probably need to look at the video's but it does look pretty good - I like the idea of the layers to make selections, which can be processed in a completly different way to the rest of the shot, unlike Lightroom or ACR, which the local adjustment is relatively limited.

Anyone give some pointers to the best use of the program?

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: Bibble v5
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »
Well Mark, I'm saving up for it, after running the trial. The current iteration is missing some of the salient features from version 4 - I think because it was nearly a year late they decided to release it slightly before it was complete, but Perfectly Clear is missing as is compatibility with most of the V4 plugins. These omissions are apparently to be rectified in release 5.10

The great joy of it for me was the sheer speed - because I'm an impatient so and so - because it does more than one thing at a time and you can't tell. You can have more than one catalogue open at a time and don't even need to import images into its own library to have access to them.

It is much like any other RAW editor in many ways, but with added speed and flexibility. All I can suggest is that you play around with it.  :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 57/1 jinky Last post Today at 09:27:55 AM
xx End of an Era General Discussion 83/5 jinky Last post Today at 06:40:48 AM
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 169/5 Jediboy Last post September 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 208/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 134/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 137/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 219/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 347/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM