What annoyed you today?MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...Macro/ Close Up PollMY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT ...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionMY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY...POLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-...1Dx Mk3GLASS chat thread - th...POLL DECONSTRUCTEDDeconstructed - ENTRIES 2...

Author Topic: How to: Properly adjust your diopter  (Read 1555 times)

Offline oRGie

How to: Properly adjust your diopter
« on: November 11, 2009, 12:04:08 AM »
Just read this somewhere and had not heard of this before and figured others may not know this too :)

To properly adjust the diopter, take off the lens and point the camera either at a dark area or a well lit area or monitor for example, choose whichever suits you best, then with all AF points selected, focus to light up the AF points, adjust the diopter until all the points are clear and sharp to your eye.

:beer:

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: How to: Properly adjust your diopter
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 07:48:27 AM »
TBH I usually adjust them by using the autofocus to latch on to the subject, and then adjusting the diopter so that what I see in the viewfinder is sharp.

With the Pentaxes I have your suggested method does not work - the autofocus points illuminate very briefly, certainly not for long enough to make any manual adjustments.

I guess that's one of the consequences of being a cheapskate  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 08:13:08 AM »
I keep mine at 0 - when i wear my glasses - which is all the time - I have tried without and there is not enough adjustment. I also have contacts - but i can't see as well as with my glasses on.

Biggest downside of glasses though is the rain - but me hat solves most of that! :tup:

But the idea sounds plausable! Certainly with my canon's.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline oRGie

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 12:22:44 AM »
I was just checking mine out now and funny enough, perhaps because the viewfinder on this is so different to any others I've used, I notice that the diopter doesnt go far enough to correct for me without my specs either doh !  but while I was doing it I noticed that the info bar at the bottom is so clear that its perfect for adjusting, mind you with my glasses on its bang in the middle for perfect sharpness.. Well at least I guess that means I dont need new glasses  :2funny:

Offline greypoint

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »
Just put mine to max every time 8)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 615165/3945 StephenBatey Last post Today at 05:21:05 PM
xx MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 163/4 jinky Last post Today at 07:08:56 AM
xx Macro/ Close Up Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 79/1 Oldboy Last post May 28, 2020, 02:54:28 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 150/6 Oldboy Last post May 27, 2020, 12:16:45 AM
xx MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES for weekly comp 17-24th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 142/5 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:33 PM
xx Photoshop subscription General Discussion 650/23 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:16 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 08:07:47 AM
xx POLL-FLORA MONOCHROME International Weekly Comp Entries 247/2 Beaux Reflets Last post May 23, 2020, 06:37:39 PM