• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 126
  • Total: 126
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

More bad wedding photography

Started by Jonathan, October 05, 2009, 07:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Quote from: irv_b on October 06, 2009, 04:41:17 PM
Now that is a timely boost because I have an extended family wedding to do this weekend surely and I cant be as bad as that (trying not to tempt fate here ;D)

We cheese eating surrender monkeys this side of the Channel have a saying: 'bon courage'. I think you get the idea; rather more than just good luck  ;D

I'm sure you'll do just fine.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

At first i thought this was some long lost episode of some thing created by Jeremy Beadle or the Game for a Laugh team - but no it is for real.

One good thing about it though - it means i am not the worst wedding photographer going, even if i have only done a few for friends and family who really couldn't afford anything.

I mean - at least my couples got albums of pictures they were happy with!

And as Jonathan has pointed out this guy did still end up with some money from this venture. Maybe i need to be actually charging a few quid next time!

daisiemaetulip

well that's not strictly true, my son in law had to send several photos to them, one of the first lot(which i would have been well chuffed to have taken)was rejected and he had to send a complete new submission.. having said that, he did use the "mentor me" program.. which is well worth the join up fee alone, the pics are jugded by some very well known photographers!

jinky

Just saw the re-shot wedding on local news yesterday when the couple in question got the chance to do uit all again. Having laughed at the first lot of pictures when the bride looked huge standing in front of the groom hidden behind in the hedge it was funny to see the new pics showing she is actually a lot taller / bigger than the groom - at least 6 inches taller it seemed on the news. New photographer still had a job on but seemed to do OK!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/8315495.stm

picsfor

i would have thought tog 2 would have been under extreme pressure to get it right.
That said, do  good job and the free advertising would be worh quite a bit of extra work and income.

Or am i being cynical?

Jonathan

Quote from: picsfor on October 20, 2009, 07:32:12 AM
i would have thought tog 2 would have been under extreme pressure to get it right.
That said, do  good job and the free advertising would be worh quite a bit of extra work and income.

Anybody got a link to more pics?

There are 2 on the BBC website.  The first one is a delete (or needs a decent edit).  The second I would refuse to take.  Really.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

Tried to find some more but only those 2 on the BBC web site.

As you say - they don't exactly do justice but then with only those two examples it is hard to give a real judgement on the whole shoot.

chris@seary.com

Quote from: Jonathan on October 06, 2009, 06:09:22 PM

Seriously - if I were them I'd worry about getting sued since they claim that all their members are excellent photographers and abide by a code of ethics when they make no attempt to check that either of these are true.  It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

That's never been a problem for charlatans like the associations governing homeopathy and chiropractic. Here's a link to the current case between Simon Singh and the BCA:
http://jackofkent.blogspot.com/2009/10/permission-granted.html

It seems that these dodgy organisations (that take your money in return for giving you initials after your name) actually protect the vendor, rather than the public.

Jonathan

Quote from: picsfor on October 20, 2009, 09:31:02 AM
Tried to find some more but only those 2 on the BBC web site.

As you say - they don't exactly do justice but then with only those two examples it is hard to give a real judgement on the whole shoot.

I'd happily join a society where the only rule was "put the flowers on the train, superimpose the couple in a brandy glass, do those mini bride pics or Schindler any pics at all and we'll send the boys round your house to stamp on all your toys".
It's Guest's round

picsfor

You wish...
You could not bring yourself to restrict yourself that much and subsequently lower your standards just to please the run of the mill wedding togs.

If i were to join any tog society it would be the 'word of mouth togs' - because nothing beats a personal recommendation with a decent portfolio to back it up.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.