POLL - Outdoors Outdoors - ENTRY thread -...What is it? - CHAT thread...What is it? ENTRY thread ...End of an EraPoll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitPOLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - Portraits

Author Topic: More bad wedding photography  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: More bad wedding photography
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 07:17:42 PM »
Now that is a timely boost because I have an extended family wedding to do this weekend surely and I cant be as bad as that (trying not to tempt fate here ;D)

We cheese eating surrender monkeys this side of the Channel have a saying: 'bon courage'. I think you get the idea; rather more than just good luck  ;D

I'm sure you'll do just fine.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 07:30:13 PM »
At first i thought this was some long lost episode of some thing created by Jeremy Beadle or the Game for a Laugh team - but no it is for real.

One good thing about it though - it means i am not the worst wedding photographer going, even if i have only done a few for friends and family who really couldn't afford anything.

I mean - at least my couples got albums of pictures they were happy with!

And as Jonathan has pointed out this guy did still end up with some money from this venture. Maybe i need to be actually charging a few quid next time!

Offline daisiemaetulip

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 09:33:27 PM »
well that's not strictly true, my son in law had to send several photos to them, one of the first lot(which i would have been well chuffed to have taken)was rejected and he had to send a complete new submission.. having said that, he did use the "mentor me" program.. which is well worth the join up fee alone, the pics are jugded by some very well known photographers!

Offline jinky

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 06:21:29 AM »
Just saw the re-shot wedding on local news yesterday when the couple in question got the chance to do uit all again. Having laughed at the first lot of pictures when the bride looked huge standing in front of the groom hidden behind in the hedge it was funny to see the new pics showing she is actually a lot taller / bigger than the groom - at least 6 inches taller it seemed on the news. New photographer still had a job on but seemed to do OK!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/8315495.stm

picsfor

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 07:32:12 AM »
i would have thought tog 2 would have been under extreme pressure to get it right.
That said, do  good job and the free advertising would be worh quite a bit of extra work and income.

Or am i being cynical?

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2009, 07:45:51 AM »
i would have thought tog 2 would have been under extreme pressure to get it right.
That said, do  good job and the free advertising would be worh quite a bit of extra work and income.

Anybody got a link to more pics?

There are 2 on the BBC website.  The first one is a delete (or needs a decent edit).  The second I would refuse to take.  Really.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2009, 09:31:02 AM »
Tried to find some more but only those 2 on the BBC web site.

As you say - they don't exactly do justice but then with only those two examples it is hard to give a real judgement on the whole shoot.

Offline chris@seary.com

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2009, 09:39:33 AM »

Seriously - if I were them I'd worry about getting sued since they claim that all their members are excellent photographers and abide by a code of ethics when they make no attempt to check that either of these are true.  It's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

That's never been a problem for charlatans like the associations governing homeopathy and chiropractic. Here's a link to the current case between Simon Singh and the BCA:
http://jackofkent.blogspot.com/2009/10/permission-granted.html

It seems that these dodgy organisations (that take your money in return for giving you initials after your name) actually protect the vendor, rather than the public.

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2009, 10:13:26 AM »
Tried to find some more but only those 2 on the BBC web site.

As you say - they don't exactly do justice but then with only those two examples it is hard to give a real judgement on the whole shoot.

I'd happily join a society where the only rule was "put the flowers on the train, superimpose the couple in a brandy glass, do those mini bride pics or Schindler any pics at all and we'll send the boys round your house to stamp on all your toys".
It's Guest's round

picsfor

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2009, 10:34:35 AM »
You wish...
You could not bring yourself to restrict yourself that much and subsequently lower your standards just to please the run of the mill wedding togs.

If i were to join any tog society it would be the 'word of mouth togs' - because nothing beats a personal recommendation with a decent portfolio to back it up.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Outdoors International Weekly Comp Entries 3/0 Jediboy Last post Today at 06:17:14 PM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 154/4 Oldboy Last post September 28, 2020, 10:02:45 AM
xx What is it? - CHAT thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 20/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:20:03 PM
xx What is it? ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 14/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:17:48 PM
xx End of an Era General Discussion 118/6 anglefire Last post September 27, 2020, 02:28:15 PM
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 194/5 Jediboy Last post September 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 221/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 147/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM