Poll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitOutdoors - ENTRY thread -...POLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDSWhat annoyed you today?

Author Topic: Interesting new application (FlashPipe) from ddisoftware  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Forseti

Interesting new application (FlashPipe) from ddisoftware
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »
Have just received an email notifying me of a new application release from ddisoftware - producers of QImage which might be of interest to some members. Basically the bullet points are:

Download photos/videos from your flash cards with one click!
Take the 5 minute video tour http://www.ddisoftware.com/flashpipe/tour.htm to see how simple and effective FlashPipe really is.

"One click and done" formula eliminates copying/pasting in explorer windows
Set up copy/move operations the first time to suit your needs
FlashPipe opens automatically when a flash card is inserted
Click "Go" and all operations are performed
Transfer from multiple flash cards of same/different types in one "Go"
Copy or move photos to one location and videos to another if you wish
Copy or move to one or multiple locations, even other PC's on a network
Customize your file names with user definable auto-renaming
Automatically develop all your raw photos after copy/move is complete!
FlashPipe has its own fully automatic raw converter: no other tools needed!
Create downsized email/web size copies automatically, every time
File sizes on destination are verified on all transfers to ensure no data loss
Use "move" operations to empty the card so that it is ready for more shots
7 day trial available: see downloads link on left
Free upgrades for one year!
See what sets FlashPipe apart from other image downloader programs
More... http://www.ddisoftware.com/flashpipe/setapart.htm
Introductory price: get FlashPipe now for only $19.99!

Fully compatible with Vista 32/64, Windows XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95
Use Fusion or Parallels to run on a Mac.  Also runs under Linux/Wine.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:52:02 PM by Forseti »

Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Re: Interesting new application (FlashPipe) from ddisoftware
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:27:52 PM »
Does look interesting - but I'll stay with DownloaderPro from Breezesystems, as there is little that it can't do that this one can. And some of the claims relating to the competition don't apply to DownloaderPro!

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 08:31:26 AM »
I've just bought this. I looked at Downloader Pro after Mark recommended it, but Flashpipe runs instantly, and I mean instantly, when a drive is connected or a card placed in the reader. And it's cheaper. ;)

BTW I got the launch email, as I have been a very satisfied user of Qimage ( http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/ ) for a number of years.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:34:52 AM by Tringle WP »
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 06:40:09 PM »
That's fair enough.

Interestingly I have a problem with DownloaderPro - in that it doesn't work when my Iphones is plugged in - Emailed Chris and got a very quick reply saying that he was aware of the bug (Well its Apple way of doing stuff apparently) and is fixed in the next release.

Its also a british company!

But whatever works is cool!  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 40/0 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:57:50 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 186/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 121/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 124/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 204/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 45/0 Jediboy Last post September 20, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 338/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM
xx ENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-13/9/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 196/3 Oldboy Last post September 14, 2020, 09:47:33 PM