• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

SP2. While we're on the subject Carl.

Started by Mick, December 06, 2007, 07:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Glad SP2 went OK for you. 

I have installed it loads of times in the past without problems.   However the last time my PC went T/U  I reinstalled everything on a clean drive, and did my usual install of SP2 from the SP2 disk I got from M/soft a few years ago (just to save some time), then downloaded the rest of the updates from windows update.  It went horribly wrong, and wouldn't boot up.  Had to start with a formatted drive again.  :doh:

They have obviously changed something at their end because this has always worked for me in the past.   So the only way I can install SP2 now is to do it completely from windows update.  It works fine this way.

Windows updates always make me nervous when they appear for download, you just don't know if the computer will ever restart.

Anyone else feel like this?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Carlj

I'd say something had changed, but seeing as I loaded sp2 from a disk, can't see how. Last time I'd booted from this cd, it all went pear shaped too....

Biggest problem so far this time has been getting av and firewall reinstalled...

Mick

Quote from: Totally Useless at Most Everything on December 06, 2007, 09:48:34 PM

Biggest problem so far this time has been getting av and firewall reinstalled...

Yeah, had this problem with NIS 2007, for some reason when I installed the program, it then went on to update itself as normal.   Trouble is it didn't like the order the updates were being installed in, and gave me severe grief..   I had to de-select some of the updates, let it reboot, and then install the updates I had de-selected one by one until finished.   You'd have thought they would have got that bit right.  ::)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Carlj

I get it free as part of my bb package, so no point going elsewhere. And seeing as it's been updated since last install, needed tech support to help with last bit!

Mick

Is it Norton that you get free then m8?  If so what version?

My Gallery

OpenSea

Jonathan

It's Guest's round

Carlj

Ah, mac folk - while us pc blokes have blisters and drink beer, you maccers are watching the ballet and sipping sherry  :beer: :2funny:

It was the 2006 version of NIS, but after rebuild, I've got the newer all singing, all dancing, alltoobloody slow one!

Mick

Well carl, looks like Service pack 3 will be out shortly, (next week)  Wonder if they'll introduce loads of bugs to make you move to Vista.  :D

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/188157/windows-xp-sp3-coming-next-week.html

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.