BRIDGE - CHAT What made you feel good t...What annoyed you today?POLL for WHEELS AND COGSWHEELS AND COGS-CHAT-Week...WHEELS AND COGS-ENTRIES-W...BRIDGE - ENTRIES 21-28th ...POLL-PATTERNSWhat bemused you today?PATTERNS-ENTRIES-Weekly C...POLL-FOOD AND DRINKPATTERNS-CHAT-Weekly Comp...FOOD AND DRINK-ENTRIES-We...Comfort PollFOOD AND DRINK-CHAT-Weekl...Almost shots...

Author Topic: What bemused you today?  (Read 468409 times)

Offline Jediboy

Re: What bemused you today?
« Reply #2610 on: February 12, 2021, 07:58:08 AM »
Impressive line up of kit there Jinky. Good lick with whatever  you choose to do with it all.
It seems that we struggle to part with older kit, well I certainly do.
Not so much sentimental. But maybe a little, but more the fact that it is just not worth much.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #2611 on: February 12, 2021, 09:40:43 PM »
Impressive line up of kit there Jinky. Good lick with whatever  you choose to do with it all.
It seems that we struggle to part with older kit, well I certainly do.
Not so much sentimental. But maybe a little, but more the fact that it is just not worth much.

I think he want to flog it not lick it?  :hehe:

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #2612 on: February 12, 2021, 10:45:32 PM »
You say that Oldboy, but have you ever licked your kit? It's really delicious.
Don't knock it till you've tried it!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #2613 on: February 13, 2021, 11:30:23 AM »
Taking a shot of a sparrow through the patio window and not bothering with noise reduction because it was pretty clean - even though it was shot at ISO8000!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline anglefire

« Reply #2614 on: February 13, 2021, 12:41:27 PM »
This one.

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline jinky

« Reply #2615 on: February 15, 2021, 05:27:38 PM »
How is it that I can find the original boxes for every bit of Nikon gear  I  bought new but seem to have misplaced all the boxes for my Fuji gear bought a year ago. End of a Nikon era for me. All boxed up and ready to go to Wex for final assessment and payment. Based on my descriptions they are willing to pay me £2450 for gear worth much more but having found little interest with ready cash at the local level I`m cutting my losses. Hopefully they won`t knock too much more off it or I`ll be asking them to send it all back. Decided to go for cash rather than trade in against lenses I can now live without given what I do with my photography these days. Just a little bit worried about all this gear going with a parcel Force courier but Wex assure me it is insured so I have to trust them. I`ll let you know how I get on but better that sort of money to me than it lie in a cupboard for years unused I guess. On the plus side I claimed the costs of it all when I set up in my wedding photography and had it offset against my profits and then I paid peanuts to buy it back for personal use at the end of my part time brief career so really I have to tell myself that i am in profit!

Offline anglefire

« Reply #2616 on: February 15, 2021, 10:14:04 PM »
When I PX'd my 70-200F4 L lens in for a 70-200F2.8L IS at WEX - I got top dollar for it - in fact it "cost" me about £70. To be fair the price of Canon gear did go up by a factor of about 2x one year so that "helped"
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline jinky

« Reply #2617 on: February 16, 2021, 06:52:51 AM »
When I PX'd my 70-200F4 L lens in for a 70-200F2.8L IS at WEX - I got top dollar for it - in fact it "cost" me about £70. To be fair the price of Canon gear did go up by a factor of about 2x one year so that "helped"

Yes I`ve been lucky once or twice when lenses went up. I sold a flashgun last year for more than it cost me somehow to a local guy desperate to have it too. I think the problem now is that mirrorless cameras are driving DSLR prices down. In many ways I`m left with a kit now that is not as good  as what I`m selling but for 98% of what I shoot it`s enough.

Offline anglefire

« Reply #2618 on: February 16, 2021, 08:13:45 AM »
A friend of mine has gone the Fuji route from being a Canon gal - one reason being the gear was getting too heavy and she has retired from professional photography as well as Canon sunnyside up her off when they wouldn't do anything when a battery in her camera went bad. Blamed her for incorrect use and getting the body wet. Which was bull.
I've benefited though as I bought her 300mm f2.8L at a reasonable price - and more importantly with known provenance!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline jinky

« Reply #2619 on: February 16, 2021, 09:27:12 AM »
Yes Fuji for me too and I love it. Stopped shooting raw in all but really challenging lighting situations as I just love the jpeg recipes I`ve tweaked straight out of camera. Spend next to no time editing these days

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx BRIDGE - CHAT International Weekly Comp Entries 56/1 Oldboy Last post February 24, 2021, 11:59:16 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 643940/3972 jinky Last post February 24, 2021, 08:26:52 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 682012/4041 Jediboy Last post February 23, 2021, 03:49:20 PM
question POLL for WHEELS AND COGS International Weekly Comp Entries 58/0 Hinfrance Last post February 23, 2021, 08:10:18 AM
xx WHEELS AND COGS-CHAT-Weekly Comp 14-21/02/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 91/1 Jediboy Last post February 22, 2021, 08:36:19 PM
xx WHEELS AND COGS-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 14-21/02/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 128/3 Jediboy Last post February 22, 2021, 08:32:11 PM
xx BRIDGE - ENTRIES 21-28th February 2021 International Weekly Comp Entries 53/0 jinky Last post February 21, 2021, 12:28:41 PM
xx POLL-PATTERNS International Weekly Comp Entries 225/4 Hinfrance Last post February 21, 2021, 08:17:14 AM