What annoyed you today?POLL - -WOOD / WOODENWOOD /WOODEN CHAT 10-17th...WOOD /WOODEN ENTRIES 10-1...CHAT-METAL MACRO-Weekly C...CHAT-PRODUCT SHOT-Weekly ...ENTRIES-METAL MACRO-Weekl...POLL for PRODUCT SHOTENTRIES-PRODUCT SHOT-Week...POLL - ENJOYMENTWe need a laugh.ENJOYMENT ENTRIES - 21/12...1Dx Mk3ENJOYMENT CHAT - 21/12/2...Infra red photographyNew Years Resolutions

Author Topic: What do you get for Christmas  (Read 197 times)

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
What do you get for Christmas
« on: December 26, 2020, 11:00:11 AM »
Obviously photo related as we all get socks at Christmas!

I got a portable throw over hide and kneeing mat.

I also bought myself a Rotolight Neo2 LED light and trigger - an offer on their website couldn't be overlooked! (Still looks to be active!) https://www.rotolight.com/jasonoffers/ - I have also bought a couple more Neo2 from a friend of mine who has upgraded to the bigger ones at a decent price.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline StephenBatey

• A family is for life, just not at Christmas
    • stephenbatey/
Re: What do you get for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 11:27:16 AM »
A Silvestri 6x loupe for focusing on the ground glass of my large format cameras;
A spare ground glass formy 5x7 Canham camera;
A Canham 5x7 ground glass protector;
Some dry plates in 5x7 and 10x8 (25 ISO).

I didn't actually get any socks - my "everyone gets one" present was a grammar of classical Greek  :)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 01:44:25 PM »
Nothing photo. Got a book (Music Theory), a couple of CDs (Porcupine Tree), and a bottle of Ardbeg. Oh, and I did get some socks, probably for the first time in 30 years. I'd saved up my personal allowance for 6 months and bought myself a new bass guitar to replace my worn out Hohner Pro that I have had since the early 1990s and is basically effed; if I can find a decent luthier I will get it refretted, but as it was a very expensive instrument I suspect that would cost rather a pretty penny. The new one is lovely though, so no rush.

So had a fab Christmas, just our household and a roaring oak fire going all day long. Magic.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline jinky

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 02:43:22 PM »
We had a lovely Christmas Day at my daughters house with the  grandkids and my youngest daughter was with us -2 households meeting up. First time we`ve all been together on Christmas day for a few years. Grandkids should have been in Kent with other grandparents but my prayers were answered and common sense prevailed to keep them in Leeds  ;D. very little photo gear in my santa delivery -just a wireless remote for my Fuji with the rest being a mix of kitchen gadgets and booze + the customary socks and ants.

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 08:07:32 AM »
I didn't get any photography related gifts this year.
Got some martial arts equipment to train with, some Lego, aftershave and some money. I'm saving up for a new speaker so may put it towards that. Or maybe something else that takes my fancy.

Oh I nearly forgot, I got some socks too!

Sounds like you've all had a lovely Christmas.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 674610/4024 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:09:09 AM
xx POLL - -WOOD / WOODEN International Weekly Comp Entries 58/0 jinky Last post January 19, 2021, 08:31:11 AM
xx WOOD /WOODEN CHAT 10-17th January 2021 International Weekly Comp Entries 196/4 Oldboy Last post January 19, 2021, 12:45:25 AM
xx WOOD /WOODEN ENTRIES 10-17th January 2021 International Weekly Comp Entries 160/4 Oldboy Last post January 19, 2021, 12:39:49 AM
xx CHAT-METAL MACRO-Weekly Comp 17-24/1/21 International Weekly Comp Entries 107/4 jinky Last post January 18, 2021, 10:07:42 AM
xx CHAT-PRODUCT SHOT-Weekly Comp 3/1-10/1/21 International Weekly Comp Entries 298/8 Jediboy Last post January 17, 2021, 02:06:14 PM
xx ENTRIES-METAL MACRO-Weekly Comp 17-24/1/21 International Weekly Comp Entries 42/0 Hinfrance Last post January 17, 2021, 08:57:09 AM
xx POLL for PRODUCT SHOT International Weekly Comp Entries 249/4 Jediboy Last post January 16, 2021, 07:08:40 PM