• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 138
  • Total: 138
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

WEATHERED - Weekly Comp 19-25 Mar 2018 - CHAT

Started by oggalily, March 19, 2018, 12:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggalily

CHAT THREAD - WEEKLY COMP  11/03/18 - 18/03/18.

THIS IS THE CHAT THREAD

This week's challenge is WEATHERED.

In your entry this week the main subject should appear to have been impacted by the weather somehow. 

No restrictions whatsoever on PP work.

Pictures to be taken between now and Sunday 25th March 2018, 23:59, but if you find yourself at a loss in this time period, please enter something from your personal archives.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23:59pm Monday 26th March 2018.
Poll will be up Tuesday 27th March 2018.
Winner to be announced Saturday 30th March 2018

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

jinky

Damn just looked in as I cruise the Danube and realise I've missed opportunities on this one. My best bet now is a self portrait  ;)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on March 21, 2018, 05:14:22 AM
Damn just looked in as I cruise the Danube and realise I've missed opportunities on this one. My best bet now is a self portrait  ;)

Sorry Jinky but the brief is weathered not decrepit?  :P :legit:

oggalily

Here's my entry.  I visited a neighbor's house that was badly hit by a recent storm.  This is the view into the house next door.  The calm ocean belies the destructive force just a week or so earlier.

Hinfrance

Weathered Wire:

Somewhat more gently exposed to the elements than Ogga's neighbour.

Taken with my now firm favourite Panasonic DMC FZ300, extension tube and Camray 4x close up lens. It's actually extremely versatile, I suspect more so than the pukka Panasonic close up lens as it is possible to use it a varying zoom lengths and therefore different distances - the Panasonic item has a fixed zoom.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

I've managed to get a picture off my camera onto my phone using Fuji app and even into comp folder. I have failed to be able to get it out of there and into the entry thread. Can someone do it for me? I'll keep trying in meantime but stumped. Home from Budapest tomorrow after a fantastic river cruise on the Danube.

Hinfrance

Paul, what's the image called? I've just had a look in the comp folder and can't see anything that looks like it might be the right thing at first glance. If I can find it I'll happily move it for you.

Later: is it the ruined bar? Just putting that in the entry thread.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Yes thanks H - it's the ruined bar as you have posted.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.