POLL - -WOOD / WOODENWOOD /WOODEN CHAT 10-17th...WOOD /WOODEN ENTRIES 10-1...CHAT-METAL MACRO-Weekly C...What annoyed you today?CHAT-PRODUCT SHOT-Weekly ...ENTRIES-METAL MACRO-Weekl...POLL for PRODUCT SHOTENTRIES-PRODUCT SHOT-Week...POLL - ENJOYMENTWe need a laugh.ENJOYMENT ENTRIES - 21/12...1Dx Mk3ENJOYMENT CHAT - 21/12/2...Infra red photographyNew Years Resolutions

Author Topic: All the best for the new year!  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Re: All the best for the new year!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 08:42:45 PM »
FWIW I really like my FZ300. Just about to order an extension tube so I can use it for macro photography too. 12mp is plenty, but it can't compete with a DSLR at higher sensitivities.

I think you bought well considering current options (the faster the lens the better in my opinion)  :tup:

I'm hoping one may come my way in the sales if I can persuade my better half. An extension tube will be a must for me, especially if it protects the zooming out barrel from snagging in my big mitts.

Having lost three bridges to failing zoom mechanisms over the years, as I & other folk got caught out in awkward handling accidents (once when the lens cap failed to 'pop off' & held back grunting gears) I have every intention of fashioning a semi permanent protection sleeve guard for my next Bridge.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 01:37:43 PM »
Andy the extension tube for the FZ300 is just a tube threaded 52mm at one end that screws onto the lens and threaded 55mm at the other end to take either the close up or zoom multiplier lens - it does not cover the original lens but rather extends it, possibly making it even more vulnerable to physical damage.

I'm sure you're right about the lack of long term reliability, they are not as solid as 'proper' cameras, that's for sure, but make up for that with lightness and versatility in one package. Also the TT350 flashgun I have for it is dinky in comparison to the DSLR ones I have. Just waiting for the wireless remote control to arrive for that :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 02:36:34 PM »
Andy the extension tube for the FZ300 is just a tube threaded 52mm at one end that screws onto the lens and threaded 55mm at the other end to take either the close up or zoom multiplier lens - it does not cover the original lens but rather extends it, possibly making it even more vulnerable to physical damage.

I'm sure you're right about the lack of long term reliability, they are not as solid as 'proper' cameras, that's for sure, but make up for that with lightness and versatility in one package. Also the TT350 flashgun I have for it is dinky in comparison to the DSLR ones I have. Just waiting for the wireless remote control to arrive for that :)

Perhaps I got it wrong but in this video the extension tube looks to be attached to the camera casing, and the zoom barrel is working away zooming in and out within so it cannot snag  :-\   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iq1IWUf7Z4   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iq1IWUf7Z4
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 02:42:09 PM by Beaux Reflets »

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 04:09:51 PM »
That link doesn't work for me I'm afraid Andy, but I am curious to see it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 04:17:22 PM »
That link doesn't work for me I'm afraid Andy, but I am curious to see it.

In the search bar where the addresses are shown at Right hand end click on (page secure logo) blocked content and it should hopefully show up.  :tup:

I hope you view it Howard. The extension tube used in the video has a 58mm thread.  :tup: 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:46:07 PM by Beaux Reflets »

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 04:39:23 PM »
I have seen that one - although I have to admit to having skipped a fair few bits - my word is he a dull human being. I didn't see him actually zoom the lens at all - it was all preset. There are, however, two threads on the lens - one on the end of the moving part, and another on the inside of the barrel - so any extension tube would have to be threaded externally at the camera end if it is to go over the moving part of the lens mechanism, and internally at the business end to take the conversion lens. I shall investigate further!

Later - yes, Andy you are right, that is exactly what it is - it was I who had the wrong end of the stick.  :legit:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 04:43:11 PM by Hinfrance »
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 04:45:44 PM »
I have seen that one - although I have to admit to having skipped a fair few bits - my word is he a dull human being. I didn't see him actually zoom the lens at all - it was all preset. There are, however, two threads on the lens - one on the end of the moving part, and another on the inside of the barrel - so any extension tube would have to be threaded externally at the camera end if it is to go over the moving part of the lens mechanism, and internally at the business end to take the conversion lens. I shall investigate further!

Later - yes, Andy you are right, that is exactly what it is - it was I who had the wrong end of the stick.  :legit:

The  Extension tube I think is from Sony -  VCLDH 1758 and I assume the 1.7x converter lens may be Sony too - a lot of wind making the sound track a bit blurred,

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - -WOOD / WOODEN International Weekly Comp Entries 26/0 jinky Last post January 19, 2021, 08:31:11 AM
xx WOOD /WOODEN CHAT 10-17th January 2021 International Weekly Comp Entries 170/4 Oldboy Last post January 19, 2021, 12:45:25 AM
xx WOOD /WOODEN ENTRIES 10-17th January 2021 International Weekly Comp Entries 146/4 Oldboy Last post January 19, 2021, 12:39:49 AM
xx CHAT-METAL MACRO-Weekly Comp 17-24/1/21 International Weekly Comp Entries 92/4 jinky Last post January 18, 2021, 10:07:42 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 674175/4019 Mick Last post January 18, 2021, 12:20:55 AM
xx CHAT-PRODUCT SHOT-Weekly Comp 3/1-10/1/21 International Weekly Comp Entries 276/8 Jediboy Last post January 17, 2021, 02:06:14 PM
xx ENTRIES-METAL MACRO-Weekly Comp 17-24/1/21 International Weekly Comp Entries 31/0 Hinfrance Last post January 17, 2021, 08:57:09 AM
xx POLL for PRODUCT SHOT International Weekly Comp Entries 236/4 Jediboy Last post January 16, 2021, 07:08:40 PM