Weekly Comp - Relaxation....Comfort zone.What made you feel good t...Weekly comp - TASTY - cha...Weekly Comp - TASTY. ENTR...POLL for GREENGREEN-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp...Weekly comp RELAXATION - ...POLL for IN THE KITCHENPhoto stacking softwareGREEN-CHAT-Weekly Comp 9-...What did you do with your...IN THE KITCHEN - ENTRY T...IN THE KITCHEN - CHAT THR...Trip out.........POLL for Broken Glass

Author Topic: IOTW  (Read 373 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
IOTW
« on: April 11, 2017, 08:36:23 AM »
We had some great IOTW images recently.

Is it because the 'old guard,' of more experienced photographers, has become more active on the site lately?
Long may it continue.

I hope, in due time, to actively join you again, and hopefully continue my 'education.'
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 05:27:40 PM by Reinardina »

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Re: IOTW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 09:59:42 PM »
Not sure if I'm classed as old guard (old is not a description I'm unfamiliar with ;) ) but I am trying to do more photography as I've lost a bit of my mojo - and posting the odd one or two makes me feel good - and even better if others like them too!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 07:53:48 AM »
Not sure if I'm classed as old guard (old is not a description I'm unfamiliar with ;) ) but I am trying to do more photography as I've lost a bit of my mojo - and posting the odd one or two makes me feel good - and even better if others like them too!

'Old,' in this case, is purely positive; a Mark of distinction, quality and class. Maybe I should have said 'mature,' as in quality wines and cheeses? Or does that sound even older?

But Yes, I do include you in this Old Guard.

I have lost my mojo completely, but hope to find it again, and it is the  photos of the "OG" that inspire me most.

Offline vxisme

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 09:48:15 AM »
Well said Reina,  more a case of experience I keep telling myself...lol    but when i get down to it, its really OG which Im happy to say Im part of now the working days are behind me...lol
Donny  My Gallery

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 05:20:07 PM »
There used to be a very experienced OG here, and sadly a number drifted off into the sunshine. Recently however, quite a few of you have reappeared, or become more active, with very positive results.

Maybe this kind of smaller, more personal site, where people 'know' each other (of old), is becoming more popular again?

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Weekly Comp - Relaxation. Entry thread 17/09/17-24/09/17 International Weekly Comp Entries 148/5 Simple Last post September 25, 2017, 10:56:36 PM
xx Comfort zone. General Discussion 87/3 Jediboy Last post September 23, 2017, 08:47:30 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 405389/3738 Jediboy Last post September 23, 2017, 08:45:06 PM
xx Weekly comp - TASTY - chat thread. International Weekly Comp Entries 47/2 Jediboy Last post September 23, 2017, 08:24:52 PM
xx Weekly Comp - TASTY. ENTRY thread. 23 Sept - 1st Oct International Weekly Comp Entries 33/0 Jediboy Last post September 23, 2017, 03:48:52 PM
xx POLL for GREEN International Weekly Comp Entries 172/3 Jediboy Last post September 23, 2017, 03:25:40 PM
xx GREEN-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 9-17 September International Weekly Comp Entries 216/4 Oldboy Last post September 18, 2017, 10:02:35 PM
xx Weekly comp RELAXATION - Chat thread International Weekly Comp Entries 107/3 Jediboy Last post September 16, 2017, 07:05:35 PM