• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 269
  • Total: 269
  • Google
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

David and Goliath

Started by Reinardina, November 24, 2016, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on November 27, 2016, 08:19:29 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 27, 2016, 07:49:35 PM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on November 27, 2016, 07:39:45 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 27, 2016, 06:13:38 PM
We have three or four Greeks, but all but the one I am now fighting, had bad marks against their name, for one thing or the other.

Does anyone one have any idea, if I could be saddled with huge legal bills, if the insurance company decided to back the restaurant, and I lost in the small claims court?

So far, two people have added their comment in the review bit of said restaurant on FB. If anyone else would like to 'donate ' a few words, to keep the ball rolling, then yes please.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Blue-Island-747696781924012/reviews/?ref=page_internal

I am Rhea (from Hampshire).

It can be quite easy to cross  'that ever wavering thin blue line' with matters posted online; words misinterpreted or inadvertently spiked by an unknown jester.

My advise would be, just to stick with the Small Claims Court.  ( In my understanding , Judgements are usually proportionate to damages)

It is not my favourite way of communicating, and I was quite apprehensive about it, but it seems to work sometimes. And it was actually one of the routes advised by CAB to get results. The lady was quite surprised I had not gone there already.
I think it is going to be the small claims court in the end.

I am no Legal eagle Re, but as I understand it, they accepted Liability by informing their insurers, and your claim will likely be successful!

Whether or not their insurance reimburses them is their seperate problem in matter - ::) Public Liability Insurance premiums etc.

I am quite surprised that CAB suggested FB  as that root can be an open house to twist'n of words.

I am not sure that informing your insurer, is a form of accepting liability. Through their insurer, they now contest liability, and have come up with a totally different version of events. But at least they do not deny 'an incident' happened on that day.
It is over to me again.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Informing an insurer is merely asking them to deal with a claim on the insured. It does not in any way indicate acceptance of liability, just the existence of a claim.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.