Poll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitOutdoors - ENTRY thread -...POLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDSWhat annoyed you today?

Poll

Please vote for you favourite Masculinity picture

Chain Male

3 (27.3%)
Mans Gentle Side

3 (27.3%)
Pumping Lard

4 (36.4%)
Lucky7

1 (9.1%)
Sportscar

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: October 29, 2016, 09:20:57 AM

Author Topic: POLL for MASCULINITY  (Read 3496 times)

Offline Simple

POLL for MASCULINITY
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:20:57 AM »
Ayup, only 5 entries, so please VOTE!!

Online jinky

Re: POLL for MASCULINITY
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 09:47:32 AM »
Gave it a bump as it`s a photo finish!

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 11:13:39 AM »

It is always a Photo finish  :D  :2funny:  :2funny:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Online jinky

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 09:01:24 AM »

It is always a Photo finish  :D  :2funny:  :2funny:
Yes....that`s what I meant Andy :D

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 09:43:23 AM »
It Looks like the lard has won!  :2funny:

Well done Hinfrance.  :tup:

Online jinky

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 09:52:49 AM »
Well done Iron H - got my vote as I was in awe of your muscle!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 09:58:50 AM by jinky »

Offline David Blandford

• David Blandford Photography
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 11:46:55 AM »
Well Done Hinfrance.     :cp:
still trying to paint with light!!

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 12:15:04 PM »
Well done Iron H - got my vote as I was in awe of your muscle!

Thanks all for the votes. You do realise Paul that it is my only muscle . . and probably mostly fat ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Simple

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 01:04:06 PM »
Well Done H!! Does the H stand for Hard man???

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 03:56:55 PM »
So, lard is considered masculine? Not in my book, but as I appreciate Howard's modesty, in trying to pass off his one muscle as lard, I voted for it anyway. Congratulations Howard, for being voted most masculine.

This competition was a bit of an education for me, as I expected the cars to get more votes, as they are supposed to be a masculine interest.

Firmly stuck in the last century, as far as my opinions on this subject are concerned, I did not think the soft, feminine side of men was considered masculine, but I stand corrected.

Thank you to those who voted for my chivalrous chain male!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2016, 05:28:11 PM »
I know i did not enter but it looks like we are back to the old subject of "the brief' and following it OR how far we can bend it.

How different people interpret a brief has always bemused me and that is why i limit myself to the competitions on here and this week is no exception as i think there were (IN MY OPINION) some ambiguous entries.

Masculinity to me is all things, well Male, with attributes such as being handsome, muscled, strength, boldness, aggresivness and driven. That said well done to all that entered at least you did participate unlike me.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »
At least you've got an entry in the Disstance competition.

Online jinky

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 08:50:55 AM »
I know i did not enter but it looks like we are back to the old subject of "the brief' and following it OR how far we can bend it.

How different people interpret a brief has always bemused me and that is why i limit myself to the competitions on here and this week is no exception as i think there were (IN MY OPINION) some ambiguous entries.

Masculinity to me is all things, well Male, with attributes such as being handsome, muscled, strength, boldness, aggresivness and driven. That said well done to all that entered at least you did participate unlike me.

As ever the voter decides what is "on brief" for me. The term "masculinity" must mean so many different things to different people and has surely changed throughout history in terms of dress / attitude / within differing cultures so interpretation is always going to be wide. Thus we vote with our own reaction to what it means to us at that time. For me the car shots didn`t work with my in head definition when looking in, R`s did with the play on words in the title but not without and the gentler side of man shot challenged notions of masculinity but I went with the muscular (almost  ;)) shot seated in traditional  definition. The Oxford dcitionary gives ‘handsome, muscled, and driven, he's a prime example of masculinity’ as an example - maybe the cars do work  ;)

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 09:44:04 AM »
Yeah, funny that.

For me, the chivalrous, medieval knight, is the epitome of masculinity.

I wonder if women see this differently from men?

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 11:13:20 AM »
jinky, my thoughts were the same as yours and i went for the traditional "in the gym picture", the "fluffy" man picture did nothing to inspire masculinity for me and the car pictures were on the right track but just not masculine enough.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 142/3 jinky Last post Today at 10:24:43 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 199/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 129/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 132/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 211/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 47/0 Jediboy Last post September 20, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 345/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM
xx ENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-13/9/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 201/3 Oldboy Last post September 14, 2020, 09:47:33 PM