POLL - Outdoors Outdoors - ENTRY thread -...What is it? - CHAT thread...What is it? ENTRY thread ...End of an EraPoll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitPOLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - Portraits

Author Topic: For all competition fans.  (Read 2103 times)

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
For all competition fans.
« on: April 14, 2016, 03:05:12 PM »
If you're  addicted to competitions have a go at getting an entry accepted here.

cotswold-monochrome.co.uk

Good luck.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: For all competition fans.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:50:37 AM »
It's a very prestigious competition Alan, far above my league even if I were 'local'.

Will you be entering this year?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline ABERS

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 08:14:06 AM »

Working on it this weekend H.

With the main emphasis on CC revolving around competitions I  thought this would have appealed to members.

Offline jinky

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 09:21:15 AM »

Working on it this weekend H.

With the main emphasis on CC revolving around competitions I  thought this would have appealed to members.

It`s not that the main emphasis is on competitions - just seems to be the thread that gets a reaction , if still limited. I just enter the CC one  when I can as a bit of fun. Other than that I have set myself to enter the odd competition this year that offers a prize / trip I might want to win as long as it is free to enter and doesn`t make me go to the expense of getting prints done. Thus this one doesn`t appeal to me as the be honest there is nothing in it for me other than kudos as far as I can tell with a strong possibility of a feeling of rejection. At my age / financial situation kudos means nothing, rejection is worse and if I do enter anything it`s strictly for the cash benefits. Thus not a competition addict at all I guess  ;). Good look with your entry(ies) though - I`m sure you`ll do well in what seems to be your little addiction  ;)

Offline ABERS

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 04:59:22 PM »
Not a competition addict at all. If I resonded to all the competition/exhibition invitations that arrive in my in-box I'd be doing nothing else.

I only take part if there is to be an exhibition at the end of it, and then only in the print section. One of the most enjoyable things I find in photography is arriving at a print that has been solely my work, taking, processing, printing and mounting. I've never had a picture printed by an outside printing house, it would feel like way back when you took your film down to the chemists. I'm afraid that's old fashioned me. :uglystupid2:

Getting rejects are all part of the scheme of things, it makes any acceptances all the sweeter.

Offline ABERS

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 07:08:49 PM »
Well a panel of 3 judges deem that two of my entries are worthy to be displayed to the public at large. No cash but just the pleasure of hitting the spot (twice!) ;)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 08:44:58 PM »
Congratulations!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 08:32:38 AM »
Well done Alan.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 05:51:53 AM »
A great achievement. Well done.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Outdoors International Weekly Comp Entries 49/0 Jediboy Last post September 29, 2020, 06:17:14 PM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 160/4 Oldboy Last post September 28, 2020, 10:02:45 AM
xx What is it? - CHAT thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 24/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:20:03 PM
xx What is it? ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 17/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:17:48 PM
xx End of an Era General Discussion 126/6 anglefire Last post September 27, 2020, 02:28:15 PM
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 202/5 Jediboy Last post September 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 227/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 154/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM