Poll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitOutdoors - ENTRY thread -...POLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDSWhat annoyed you today?

Poll

Please vote for your favourite BODY DETAIL picture!

At the Gym:

1 (6.3%)
Wounded Hand:

0 (0%)
Backhand:

5 (31.3%)
Be My Friend:

1 (6.3%)
Lips:

8 (50%)
Waves:

1 (6.3%)
Catchlight - Eye Detail:

0 (0%)
Hairy Legs:

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: May 09, 2015, 07:59:31 AM

Author Topic: POLL for BODY DETAIL  (Read 5392 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
POLL for BODY DETAIL
« on: May 05, 2015, 07:59:31 AM »
Please vote for your favourite BODY DETAIL photograph - thanks  :tup:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: POLL for BODY DETAIL
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
Bump

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 04:56:38 PM »
Last chance saloon bump - expires in just over 12 hours !
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 09:58:34 AM »
And the winner is: Lucky Lips!
Congratulations Jinky.

Turning your back, nearly paid off H.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 10:02:30 AM »
Congratulations Paul - a classy shot that got my vote.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 10:03:53 AM »
Well done Jinky. Nice high key image.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline jinky

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 08:58:20 AM »
Great - thanks for that  :). My vote went to H`s backhand. Kept wondering if a splash of colour from the nails might improve it even more but then the emphasis would have been on the nails I guess. Great definition.

At the Gym tried to with that alluring flash of nipple which might have worked with a different model for some of us  ;). I don`t like seeing hands disappear out of shot and wondered if it might have been brought in somehow either tugging the vest or even with a weight attached.

Wounded hand - painfully persona as it might have been for you failed to grab me I am afraid. Not graphic enough aspect of the wound and the hand seems clumped and stiff rather than more relaxed - probably the onset of gangrene  ;)

Be my Friend - both with the title and the emphasis of the shot maybe took it out of the brief for me with the horse emphasised more than the hands.

Waves - similar feeling for me that the tattoo was the emphasis more than the body part and straining the brief thus for me. Funnily enough if I had had the nerve one of my thoughts had been to visit the local tattoo parlour and see if anyone would pose for me if I saw the right subject but felt that my emphasis too would have been the tattoo so changed my mind  - and didn`t have the bottle!  :-[

Eye detail - my problem was less in the eye itself and the colour pop and more in the bright light  reflections in the skin around the eye suggesting the lighting was just a little too harsh for me. Great detail though.

Hairy Legs - calves of a champion cyclist there! Problem is the trainers jump out more than the hairy legs with their bright colours and a feeling that you needed to get down a little lower to grab the shot. Cropping that shadow on the right and in on the detail might have helped too.

Mine - her lips were not that red. A high key treatment and messing around in photoshop gave them the impact boost I was looking for. I wished I`d grabbed it went the lipstick was being applied but saw the opportunity too late and had to settle for the liner application although a bit more of the hand and pencil in there would have been better and maybe a bit closer to the lips. Given that "don`t take my photo was being shouted at me and it was not posed I was quite pleased with the outcome in the end as the room the application was taking place in was a disgrace of a mess and I found the only clean background available.

Nice efforts all round though and my thinking cap is on.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 06:17:03 PM »
Well done Jinky.  :tup:

Offline spikeyjen

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 11:38:16 PM »
well done Jinky, deserved win. Some nice entries in what is a hard subject.

My vote went for Backhand, loved the detail of the skeleton. It was an image that asked a lot of questions and the B&W conversion was well done with the darkened edges

I really liked 'at the gym', thought it cheeky but probably needed a prop to really tell the story (rather than the title).

Wounded Hand, needed a bit of contrast work and perhaps a different angle to highlight the wound, and maybe a big knife or other treacherous prop to tell the story

I liked the idea of 'lips' but the filtering was a little overdone for me, and the pencil needed a red tip too.

it was hard to tell that 'waves' was  body part but it's a damn nice tattoo

'Eye Detail' was really well done, but just not a stand out image.

Damned nice legs in 'hairy legs' but also needed something to tell the story, (a blurred bike in the background for example)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 45/0 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:57:50 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 187/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 121/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 124/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 205/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 45/0 Jediboy Last post September 20, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 338/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM
xx ENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-13/9/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 197/3 Oldboy Last post September 14, 2020, 09:47:33 PM