Poll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitOutdoors - ENTRY thread -...POLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDSWhat annoyed you today?

Author Topic: Lanzarote Landscapes  (Read 910 times)

Offline DigiDiva

Lanzarote Landscapes
« on: April 17, 2015, 10:08:59 PM »
I'm travelling there on Sunday. Only been once, before I did photography. I'm after great places to go. Any ideas?

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline jinky

Re: Lanzarote Landscapes
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 07:09:08 AM »
I love Lanzarote .
 Timanfaya is a given with it`s volcanic landscapes and native type signing.
The  Fundacion Cesar Manrique - based in his home set into volcanic lava bubbles. Beautiful place. Look out for his sculptures on roundabouts as you go there / around the island.
As you go around look out for the  classic white houses with olives / vines growing in the black soil with their rock formations and hollows around them - make for great images.
The Mirador del Rio in the north - great views in another Manrique construction.
El Golfo - green lake / volcanic crater. Not sure what water levels are like there now or access but great colours
Lagomar Museum now I think - was a hotel when we went and we just wandered in and around it. Curious Manrique style construction of curves / lines. Omar Sharif supposedly owned it / lost it it in  a card game once the story goes but nothing to do with him now and a dodgy story I think. Again built / carved out of lava.
The Yellow submarine tour was shot but good with divers feeding fish outside the windows
The volcanic Cueva de los Verdes which we visited I think on the day we went to the north to the Mirador

I didn`t enjoy the old German naturists on Papagayo beach so much but the port near there (Playa Blanco?) was nice.

It`s a great island- get a car and see it all! I must get back there sometime as it was one of the laces I went that gave me most surprises

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:42:05 AM »
Cheers for that. We don't do resorts and always hire a car and stay in a Canarian village. We have done Tenerife to death so this will be a lovely change. I'm quite excited.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:53:05 AM »
Have a good time, and show us some of your shots when you're back!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 10/0 jinky Last post Today at 09:57:50 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 171/6 jinky Last post Today at 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 109/4 Oldboy Last post Today at 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 112/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 196/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 39/0 Jediboy Last post September 20, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 326/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM
xx ENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-13/9/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 188/3 Oldboy Last post September 14, 2020, 09:47:33 PM