POLL - Outdoors Outdoors - ENTRY thread -...What is it? - CHAT thread...What is it? ENTRY thread ...End of an EraPoll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitPOLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - Portraits

Author Topic: Bathroom Art Advice  (Read 3047 times)

Offline DigiDiva

Re: Bathroom Art Advice
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 10:20:43 PM »
Those are really great Old boy!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 11:04:00 PM »
Those are really great Old boy!

I thought you might like them.  :tup:

They used to appear in the old Punch magazines so that's how I know about them.  ;D

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 11:05:47 PM »
I still like my sepia victorian erotica..........might have to alternate!

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 09:10:11 AM »
I still like my sepia victorian erotica..........might have to alternate!

Yes, you can still have your erotica but with a soap theme.  8)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »
Nothing ventured....as they say.... and more exciting than a photograph of a bar of Soap from that era  ;D

The Pear's soap adverts of the time are wonderful and full of humour. http://search.aol.co.uk/aol/image?page=4&v_t=na&q=pears+soap+old+adverts&oreq=843cc5d537e6425c9406c9d43a5da266   ;D

DD must be fully armed now with ideas buzzing around - Packaging and adverts for soap in those days were delightful - Are those Golden translucent Amber bars of soap still in the shops?

When the jobs done, you will have to upload a shot of your bathroom Chris  :tup: 
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline oggalily

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 04:05:19 PM »
Hey DD, here's my view.  You're a great photographer with a fun idea and you have a wall art website.  You'd be selling yourself short if you deny yourself the opportunity of making a project of it.  You don't really need a studio - I'm sure you can mock something up at home, particularly if you are taking tightly cropped shots - and you can find a model on Model Mayhem, Purple Port or other social media sites (or even in the mirror if you dare, will make for interesting dinner party conversation when your guests use the loo).  You might even get a model to work for free in exchange for edited shots.  I have done this several times and can give you tips if you need.  And assuming it all works out, you can sell the prints on your site.    Everybody wins.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 05:29:15 PM »
If you sell the pictures, you'd better get a model release form, I think. Just in case.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 05:45:02 PM »
Are those Golden translucent Amber bars of soap still in the shops?

Here you go.  :D  http://www.pearsinternational.com/   :tup:

Offline jinky

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 05:58:05 PM »
Hey DD, here's my view.  You're a great photographer with a fun idea and you have a wall art website.  You'd be selling yourself short if you deny yourself the opportunity of making a project of it.  You don't really need a studio - I'm sure you can mock something up at home, particularly if you are taking tightly cropped shots - and you can find a model on Model Mayhem, Purple Port or other social media sites (or even in the mirror if you dare, will make for interesting dinner party conversation when your guests use the loo).  You might even get a model to work for free in exchange for edited shots.  I have done this several times and can give you tips if you need.  And assuming it all works out, you can sell the prints on your site.    Everybody wins.

Bang on Ogga. As R says too - I`m sure any model would ask anyway - get a release form signed too. I`ve managed to get free models and even free studio / space by just talking to the right people / using the right sites. Go wit what you wanted to do. You can join MM - do a casting call stating what you are after having first sussed out how / where you want to do it. Any bathroom stores locally - small independents? They might give you space in return for a few product shots for them. I got free use of a favourite venue in Leeds just asking for a trade and they didn`t even ask for a lot of shots in return.

Offline oggalily

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 06:06:36 PM »
As for the release, I use an app called EasyRelease (I have an iPhone, not sure about Android).  It really is easy, just fill in a few fields and they can sign with their finger.

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 06:50:26 PM »
I don't trust my photo skills enough in a studio environment.......... Hmmmmmmm lots to think about

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 11:50:08 PM »
I don't trust my photo skills enough in a studio environment.......... Hmmmmmmm lots to think about

Be brave and just go for it! It's only by trying that we learn. You have the eye and the rest is easier that you think.  :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Outdoors International Weekly Comp Entries 49/0 Jediboy Last post September 29, 2020, 06:17:14 PM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 160/4 Oldboy Last post September 28, 2020, 10:02:45 AM
xx What is it? - CHAT thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 24/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:20:03 PM
xx What is it? ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 17/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:17:48 PM
xx End of an Era General Discussion 126/6 anglefire Last post September 27, 2020, 02:28:15 PM
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 202/5 Jediboy Last post September 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 227/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 154/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM