Outdoors - ENTRY thread -...What is it? - CHAT thread...What is it? ENTRY thread ...End of an EraPoll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitPOLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...

Author Topic: I'm guilty as charged. How about you?  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Cabbyjohn

• CC Regular visitor
    • cabbyjohn483
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/cabbyjohn483/
I'm guilty as charged. How about you?
« on: June 21, 2014, 12:57:43 PM »
I know I'm guilty of a number of the cliche's in the video below. Although I don't necessarily agree that they are all "No No's"   :-[ How many of you are also guilty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtxzJlpvqQM&list=UUuw8B6Uv0cMWtV5vbNpeH_A :-[

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: I'm guilty as charged. How about you?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 02:03:38 PM »
I do some of those from time to time. For me, although I have done it in the past (I'm better now), the real no no is adding text, or adding copyright symbols to stuff online.

I agree that some of them are unfairly included - if, for example, you visit an iconic landmark it much more satisfying to have a photograph you took yourself than a postcard. But he is being tongue in cheek - I hope ;)

I like the next one video link that popped up - how to annoy a photography snob, about 2:30 in.

But the whole series is amusing.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
Well I will certainly not cease to © my shots and carry on regardless  :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Graham

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
 Yep. Copyright symbol on my muso pics but's that because they're all a thieving bunch of scumbags who are always bleating on about their dubious outpourings being illegally shared on t'internet!  :knuppel2:
               No offence musos.  :-* :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 04:29:43 PM »
Speaking as a retired semi pro muso, IMHO the whingers need to accept that the media is a loss leader - the money to be made is in performance and merchandising. In short, change the business model.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Graham

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »
Speaking as a retired semi pro muso, IMHO the whingers need to accept that the media is a loss leader - the money to be made is in performance and merchandising. In short, change the business model.

Indeed. I'm having to.
                                      This is a particularly sore point with me at the moment for reasons I won't go into for fear of making the swear filter implode!
                                      As I said, no offence to any musos, I know there are a few on here.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »
Must be something wrong with me? It's only the sunset photo that I do on his list.  :uglystupid2:

Digital Rev make some very good videos on using cameras and most are tongue in cheek.  :tup:

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 06:47:59 PM »
Guilty over here too. But I'll continue do what I like. That's the beauty of a hobby. You do what you like.  ;)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 09:12:06 AM »

Indeed. I'm having to.
                                      This is a particularly sore point with me at the moment for reasons I won't go into for fear of making the swear filter implode!
                                      As I said, no offence to any musos, I know there are a few on here.  :tup:

Graham, I wasn't suggesting you change yours, but the the musicians need to accept that recordings are now mostly advertising, and in general, a business doesn't charge its customers for advertising. Clearly there are still some selling opportunities with recorded music and video, but far fewer than there used to be. It's no use whinging about the world changing, it has to be accepted.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 09:13:17 AM »
Please guilty  to most M'lud, but have mended my ways  on most, so please be lenient.

However I would like the following to be taken into account before sentencing.

Pictures of rape seed fields in bloom.

Pets.

Shiney glazed buildings

Tree bark

Soft focus flowers

and most heinous of all Pictures of my photographlc equipment!!

A word in mitigation, I've only been at it 30+ years.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 106/4 Oldboy Last post Today at 10:02:45 AM
xx What is it? - CHAT thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 11/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:20:03 PM
xx What is it? ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 11/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:17:48 PM
xx End of an Era General Discussion 107/6 anglefire Last post September 27, 2020, 02:28:15 PM
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 182/5 Jediboy Last post September 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 215/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 140/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 141/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM