• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 88
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 92
  • Total: 92
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

Browser add ons

Started by jinky, February 07, 2014, 09:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Whilst we all seem to be asking for help and guidance for those ore knowledgeable than themselves I have a minor irritation too.
Something went wrong with Firefox last week causing me to delete / upload latest version which works fine along with IE when I use it.

Chrome is the problem.  When I try to open using it always opens with a page featuring an annoying advert in the middle of the page and a search bar stating
search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT3322287&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&SearchSource=55&CUI=&UM=2&UP=SP52D15746-89B9-49B4-ADC8-F3C778207983 at the top using Bing which I never use.
- I`ve taken the http link off to stop people accessing it in case.

If I hit the home button it reverts to my google search home page.

I use Avast which states all is fine but when I hit "browser clean up" it tells me that I have a browser add on with a "poor reputation" called DVD Soft. Now dvdsoft is a programme I use to convert music to play on my nexus / put on the odd wedding DVD as an mp3 conversion so I want the programme for those rare uses. Can I just delete the browser add on flagged up without losing the usability of the DVD soft programme? Is this what causes the Google opening page?

One other issue - why am I so worried and not in the  mood for my first wedding that I am covering this year. Only 4 hours but I`m feeling so much more nervous than usual. Some nerves are good to keep you on your toes but I am wondering if having decided that I will be quitting my wedding work next March I`m no longer in the  mood for it. Ah well - only got another 8 to do this year  ??? If it would just dry up a little and give me a little light it would help.

donoreo

I use Adblock plus with a malware list added in my Chrome.  You can go to here chrome://plugins/ and disable any add ons you want. 

Andrew

assuming you're using Windows = if you check in programs you should see a program of this name (browser tool bar)  and be able to understand it.
Also, think in the drop down menus at the top - there is the option to disable tool bars.

As I just plain refuse to have any ones toolbars, I've become quite adept at spotting attempts to install such things.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

jinky

I don`t know how it got there as I`m usually good at spotting tick boxes to get rid of add ons. Will give those a go - thanks.  ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.