• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 79
  • Total: 79
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

500PX

Started by Hinfrance, January 03, 2014, 03:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Well, I've spent a while today mucking about with this site. I have documented some of the problems I had a newbie in the what bemused me today thread.

This is pretty much the last straw. Here is a couple of screenshots merged to show the 500px thumbnail of one of my pictures superimposed onto the picture as it appears when viewed. Notice that the colours are nothing alike in the two views.

See for yourselves - HERE

I got a 'flow' going by just clicking on a few of the proffered images at random. It says you can change this later, but gives absolutely no information about how that might be achieved. My 500px account is now officially 'resting'
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

mmmm - i must try and have a look at the colour issue - but it seems your stuff is appreciated, judging by those scores  :tup:

But ultimately, it is a horses for courses thing. I'm not a Flickr fan, and wasn't overly impressed with iPeternity either.

I still think if some one were to take some time out to develop of proper functioning 'tog' package in an 'out of the box' set up - that would ultimately be the easiest and cheapest way to do things.
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Hinfrance

I think the main problem with 500px is its operational obscurity. That and the fact that the scores seem to be driven by a certain amount of sycophancy.

There is, for example, no 'help' link, no getting started guide, other than a rather glib and shallow tour. I'll persevere with it from time to time and see if it clicks with me.

I have had at look at ipernity, it does seem rather superfluous. And I really don't have any significant issues with Flickr. Although it seems that Lightroom is having one of its funny five minutes and won't upload anything to it at the moment. Did I mention I had a wilful router? ;) Must get a new one.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

bones615

I have a 500px and find it useful for sharing with family and friends, if I send them a link to Flickr they need an account and sign in to see it which most don't have. I have also noticed that I get feedback/comments when I upload far more than on Flickr which is nice.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.