My Favourite....POLLWhat made you feel good t...MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY...MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT ...1Dx Mk3Macro/ Close Up PollLIGHT IN SHADE .... CHAT ...LIGHT IN SHADE .... ENTRY...What annoyed you today?MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionPOLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...

Author Topic: Sound From The Park  (Read 505 times)

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
Sound From The Park
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »
For those of you that know Speakers' Corner and those that have heard of it, there is now an archive created of its history, activity, speakers, listeners, hecklers, visitors and tourists.

This is held at the Bishopsgate Institute in London.

I spent a super afternoon at the final celebration of the completion of the project yesterday. It was as though the Corner had been transposed into the hall where it was held, with many familiar faces of speakers and hecklers present, several of whom gave presentations of their take and involvement in the Corner and some talking of the great orators and characters of the past.

The Corner is a well known and integral part of the London scene and is unique throughout the world in that it allows free speech, is not organised in any way in that anyone can turn up on a Sunday, with no prior booking, no prior permission or reporting to anyone, and hold forth on any subject.

It must drive the PC brigade off their rockers!

The project has a web site

http://on-the-record.org.uk/tag/sounds-from-the-park/  if you are so inclined to have a look.

Next time you are in town on a Sunday have a look, join in and heckle(if you dare). :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx My Favourite....POLL International Weekly Comp Entries 5/0 jinky Last post Today at 12:48:15 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 583175/3898 jinky Last post Today at 12:38:53 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 114/4 jinky Last post Today at 06:50:10 AM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 235/9 jinky Last post Today at 06:49:27 AM
xx 1Dx Mk3 DSLR Cameras 1167/20 Oldboy Last post June 01, 2020, 10:19:27 PM
xx Macro/ Close Up Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 270/8 Beaux Reflets Last post May 31, 2020, 05:37:41 PM
xx LIGHT IN SHADE .... CHAT thread 31st May - 7th June 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 37/0 Beaux Reflets Last post May 31, 2020, 11:15:50 AM
xx LIGHT IN SHADE .... ENTRY thread 31st May - 7th June 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Beaux Reflets Last post May 31, 2020, 11:15:36 AM