• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 133
  • Total: 133
  • Google
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT THREAD - Inside Out - Wkly Comp 9th - 15th December 2013

Started by kerbside, December 07, 2013, 03:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerbside

This week's theme is Inside Out,.

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted from looking from inside of something to out OR literally something that is inside out, or anything in between, the choice is yours.

No restrictions on Post Processing. I think this offers possibilities in all sorts of 'photo styles and does not restrict anyone wherever they are in the world.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 9th December 2013 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 15th December 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 16th December2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 17th December 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 21stDecember. 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Oh boy, it is quiet! It was mentioned before in Shout, but I didn't really have the time to react, with running to and from the hospital every day. Hubby is home now, and things look a lot brighter. With a bit of luck, I might get an entry for this week's comp. I even have 'an idea!'

Hope I won't be the only one, as winning that way isn't much fun!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Reinardina, I set the topic so I feel that I at least should post an entry, as to what, who knows, no idea at the moment, I am waiting for the flash of inspiration.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Reinardina

A head to head is a hundred percent better than a solo race!

And who knows, my return to the fold may inspire others.

Hinfrance

I haven't been able to think of a plan yet. But it's there in my mind, so you never know . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

Last time I tried this, I broke the bottom off a bottle of wine (empty...) and placed a glass in front of the neck so it could be seen fully when looking out of the neck of the bottle (mak sense?). Putting the camera with the bottle (lying down in front of it) the photo was taken as if looking out of the bottle at the glass.

I have an idea for this weekend too, but just (like most) need to find the time. The comps always fall off around now until January
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Andrew

My brains are being wracked inside out over this one - now if I can just get that into a picture...
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

jinky

I have an idea for a shot - just whether I get time to do the shots and the more extensive photoshop work in mind - that`s if I can even do it.

kerbside

Well i know that it has been done before but not a lot of time this weekend and if i get a chance at something better i will try, other than that i will have to run with this quick shot taken this morning from inside the fridge.

jinky

Back to square one for me. Seems my liquify tool is not working anymore and CS crashes when I try to O it - no doubt since that Google Nik software episode! >:(

Hinfrance

Quote from: jinky on December 13, 2013, 07:32:05 PM
I have an idea for a shot - just whether I get time to do the shots and the more extensive photoshop work in mind - that`s if I can even do it.

Liquify is working OK in my CC - although it keeps telling me that I have a trial version every time I fire it up. I'm wondering what's going to happen at the end of the first 30 days  :-\  That's one of the reasons I haven't used LR5 yet.

All my Nik and Topaz stuff is working properly with CC too, although, of course, none of the old 8bit plugins do.

Still no inside out idea presents itself, alas.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Did a back up shot last night, but as I find it quite intriguing (and probably won't get round to take another one tomorrow), it is going to be my entry.

The Ghost of Antler Man, is the reflection of a man with an antler hat, staring out of the first floor window of my local Sainsbury's.
Quite a 'busy' photograph, which looks like a double exposure, but it isn't. Like the man, I am inside, looking out of the window, catching his reflection and the traffic outside. (Did a bit of editing to get the wanted effect.)

The Ghost of Antler Man,

jinky

First plan never came off once I`d found my liquify tool has stopped working. Had this notion of my face coming off as a mask with something else inside but was probably beyond me anyway and I`d quite forgotten how to do the old monster inside mother in law shot I did one time. Thought about reprising my old comfortable old shoes shot too - here it is just for H

I did grime up my toes / nails for this one and do HDR to maximise the grotesqueness. Anyway without that sort of time I shot loads of mango shots in the bath until I came up with this one.

Mango Hedgehog

Reinardina

jinky

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.