POLL - Outdoors Outdoors - ENTRY thread -...What is it? - CHAT thread...What is it? ENTRY thread ...End of an EraPoll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitPOLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - Portraits

Author Topic: IOTW 4th November 2013  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
IOTW 4th November 2013
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:08:29 AM »
Congratulations ABERS on your image being selected for IOTW as chosen by last weeks winner Karen.

Image is now live on front page, or you can view the image in the gallery Here should you wish to make a comment etc.

More information on IOTW works can be found here   How IOTW works
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:12:22 AM by Beaux Reflets »

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
Re: IOTW 4th November 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:27:44 PM »
After viewing this weeks IOTW for a few days, I now wonder whether Alan is making a statement with this shot ?

I really like the tonal changes, the lone figure, and the general cool atmosphere, but I get the overriding impression (from the crop and truth of the lens) that the fabric of the church / image is portraid leaning to the right, and or away from the light coming through the windows  :-\

Beyond this; It would be interesting to hear what other think about each IOTW  :tup:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:29:20 PM by Beaux Reflets »

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »
Nah, you have been drinking!!!  I like the silence and solitude of the image. The lone visitor seems lost and looking for direction (from heaven??)
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 07:18:42 PM »
After viewing this weeks IOTW for a few days, I now wonder whether Alan is making a statement with this shot ?

I really like the tonal changes, the lone figure, and the general cool atmosphere, but I get the overriding impression (from the crop and truth of the lens) that the fabric of the church / image is portraid leaning to the right, and or away from the light coming through the windows  :-\

Beyond this; It would be interesting to hear what other think about each IOTW  :tup:

Of course I was making a statement Andy. The overwhelming peace and solitude of the interior coupled with an uplifting feeling of harmony between the light reflecting off the aged and hallowed stone walls complemented the muted colours of the mosaic flooring that had felt the tread of thousands of supplicants over the centuries made my pulse quicken as I viewed the scene. The walls slightly bowed to the majesty of the heavens and the vaulted ceiling reaching out to welcome the descant of the choir in the adjoining chapel, it all came together in an instant.

Then that bl**dy inconsiderate woman came and stood right in my way.

Apologies to Les Dawson! ;) :legit:

Offline deetus

• illupho.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:52:46 PM »

Of course I was making a statement Andy. The overwhelming peace and solitude of the interior coupled with an uplifting feeling of harmony between the light reflecting off the aged and hallowed stone walls complemented the muted colours of the mosaic flooring that had felt the tread of thousands of supplicants over the centuries made my pulse quicken as I viewed the scene. The walls slightly bowed to the majesty of the heavens and the vaulted ceiling reaching out to welcome the descant of the choir in the adjoining chapel, it all came together in an instant.

Then that bl**dy inconsiderate woman came and stood right in my way.

Apologies to Les Dawson! ;) :legit:

Brilliant  ;D ;D

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 12:50:28 PM »
 :-[

My questioning comment was not made to belittle in any way. On the contary, once again Alan has produced a shot that made me think beyond what is immediately on view.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Outdoors International Weekly Comp Entries 24/0 Jediboy Last post September 29, 2020, 06:17:14 PM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 155/4 Oldboy Last post September 28, 2020, 10:02:45 AM
xx What is it? - CHAT thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 21/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:20:03 PM
xx What is it? ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 14/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:17:48 PM
xx End of an Era General Discussion 121/6 anglefire Last post September 27, 2020, 02:28:15 PM
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 197/5 Jediboy Last post September 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 222/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 150/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM