MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT ...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionMACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY...POLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-...1Dx Mk3GLASS chat thread - th...POLL DECONSTRUCTEDDeconstructed - ENTRIES 2...Deconstructed - CHAT 26th...POLL for 50:50

Poll

Please vote for your favourite breakfast image

A Square Meal

0 (0%)
The Last Egg

0 (0%)
The Art of Breakfast

2 (10%)
Simply Toast

8 (40%)
Devoured Eggs

1 (5%)
Breakfast Deconstructed

1 (5%)
Breakfast

3 (15%)
Mmmmmm

5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: November 02, 2013, 07:57:05 AM

Author Topic: Poll - for the 'Breakfast' weekly competition, from 21 October - 28  (Read 2739 times)

Offline DigiDiva

Please vote for your favourite breakfast image

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline spikeyjen

Re: Poll - for the 'Breakfast' weekly competition, from 21 October - 28
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »
just bumping to keep the thread alive, however, I think we have a winner

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:59:18 AM »
OOOOOOOOoooooooo, Im happy with that! Will get thinking caps on for next weeks comp.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 08:36:41 AM »
Well done DD.  :tup:

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 08:37:21 AM »
Well done Chris
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 08:57:10 AM »
Aha! You did it again! More poll practice for you in a fortnight's time :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »
Congratulations Chris. Nice piece of wall art.
You seem to have made this type of photography your speciality, which, to me, made your entry rather predictable.

Fine if you're happy with that, but you run the risk of getting stuck in a rut.

Your Lindisfarne shot was fabulous (and got my vote). Why don't you show a few more of that trip?

My advice (for what it's worth): widen your horizons, and get more out of photography.

Looking forward to your next challenge. Might have time again to enter.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »
Your just jealous of her Ikea table!  ::)

Me too, I've been looking for something shiny and black like that for ages.  :doh:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »
Appreciate your comments Reinardina, however I cannot always get out and about so a still life is usually all I can manage. Surely that's better than no entry at all? The advantage of setting the theme, means you can set a theme that fits in with your forthcoming week. You don't know my  circumstances on a weekly basis and what I can or can't  'fit in' in. For example, this week, because of hubby's shifts, the fact it's dark when I finish each night  and my work pattern, being out during a week day hasn't been possible, apart from Monday. I am at work all day today and have family over most of Sunday so getting out with my camera this weekend isn't possible. Have a look at my gallery on www.worldphotographyforum.com. I have started to use that forum for my gallery because of the feedback people give and receive on nearly every image posted. My images, I hope, aren't too predictable and I have received some fantastic feedback.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2013, 01:36:47 PM »
Your just jealous of her Ikea table!  ::)

Me too, I've been looking for something shiny and black like that for ages.  :doh:

And so is Jinky. But there must be an IKEA near you H. They're everywhere these days. Don't know if the table is still in their present catalogue though.

Appreciate your comments Reinardina, however I cannot always get out and about so a still life is usually all I can manage. Surely that's better than no entry at all? The advantage of setting the theme, means you can set a theme that fits in with your forthcoming week. You don't know my  circumstances on a weekly basis and what I can or can't  'fit in' in. For example, this week, because of hubby's shifts, the fact it's dark when I finish each night  and my work pattern, being out during a week day hasn't been possible, apart from Monday. I am at work all day today and have family over most of Sunday so getting out with my camera this weekend isn't possible. Have a look at my gallery on www.worldphotographyforum.com. I have started to use that forum for my gallery because of the feedback people give and receive on nearly every image posted. My images, I hope, aren't too predictable and I have received some fantastic feedback.

Of course I don't know how your weeks are filled from week to week, but that goes for all of us.
The challenge is to get round the difficulties somehow, and get a shot anyway. That stretches the imagination, and makes you try other, different things.

Offline jinky

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2013, 01:47:10 PM »
Well done DD on another win.

I must sort out my week now and get back into entering. Just been so busy lately. Too late for this weeks comp I fear - wanted to get out for some nice sunrise / sunset shots but the weather is abysmal now. Will have to get brain working  :uglystupid2:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »
Well done DD on another win.

I must sort out my week now and get back into entering. Just been so busy lately. Too late for this weeks comp I fear - wanted to get out for some nice sunrise / sunset shots but the weather is abysmal now. Will have to get brain working  :uglystupid2:

This would have been right up your street!

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 11:03:40 PM »
Jinky, i did put a caveat in the competition so as those that could not get out and get the Autumn shot could in fact use anything Golden now whats that excuse again? ;) ;) ;)
Looks like a small number for this weeks competition which will be sad.
Jeff

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline jinky

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 04:13:15 AM »
Jinky, i did put a caveat in the competition so as those that could not get out and get the Autumn shot could in fact use anything Golden now whats that excuse again? ;) ;) ;)
Looks like a small number for this weeks competition which will be sad.
Jeff

I know - it`s just time. Had a week full of computer / software dramas as I tried to edit 12 hours worth of wedding shooting last weekend to balance with lots going on at home. I`m up now at silly o`clock finishing off a dvd slideshow so that I can free up my day for domestic stuff so I am afraid - as I said a couple of weeks back there just isn`t time for any fun / personal shooting and comp entries. That`s just how it goes sometimes. If something golden hits me in the cae that is worth shooting and submitting in the  brief times of inactivity i`ll give it a go but it`s unlikely as I just want to sit down and watch Newcastle`s fine win over Chelsea if I get a minute today.

There will be late entries though as people usually come through on Sunday / Monday

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 09:49:11 AM »
Congrats Chris for the win.
Thanks to those who voted for my photo. Much appreciated  ;)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 39/2 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 06:44:17 PM
xx MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES for weekly comp 17-24th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 116/5 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:33 PM
xx Photoshop subscription General Discussion 599/23 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:16 PM
xx MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 133/3 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:29:24 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 35/0 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 08:07:47 AM
xx POLL-FLORA MONOCHROME International Weekly Comp Entries 227/2 Beaux Reflets Last post May 23, 2020, 06:37:39 PM
xx Poll for GLASS International Weekly Comp Entries 204/5 Jediboy Last post May 23, 2020, 05:08:21 PM
xx GLASS - ENTRY thread - theme for comp 10-17th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 188/3 Jediboy Last post May 18, 2020, 12:14:30 PM